The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#302 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine's illness is unlikely to lead to the collapse of the euro.
Besides, he's better already!
Oh, I had never realized quite HOW serious DF's illness was. Glad to hear the euro is not going to collapse quite yet. Although it doesn't look good.

Level 9

Location hidden

#303 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm planning to return all the gifts the President sent me.
I have too many ties already.
Well, drat! There go my plans for world domination. I thought for sure that, as a woman, I'd get a place in Obama's administration as Queen of the entire World!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#304 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bummer, what can we do to spice things up for you?
Already have. Besides, it's Friday, payday and I'm off all next week for Thanksgiving.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#305 Nov 16, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought H was a special letter :)
It's a super special letter!

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#306 Nov 16, 2012
{Opens door, peeks in curiously.}
Looks safe. Greetings! I come in peace.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#307 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
Any new science news, exciting inventions of any kind? Miss Hiding might know. She's one of our resident genius - what is the plural of genius? Genii?
The most under-reported of 2011: a general antivirus that works without side effects on almost all viruses. It works by blocking viral-specific DNA enzymes. If it is 100% effective, they may not be able to evolve around it...but I wouldn't bet on that yet.

What else? I'm particularly impressed with Space X's growing ability to get into space - something the US should be proud of!

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Danville, VA

#308 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Faux news has a serious case of sour grapes as does Mitt Romney given that he's explaining that he lost the election, not because he's an old white guy whose time is past and who is not in touch with what people want but that it's because Obama bribed the voters with gifts.
I, personally, do NOT believe that the freedom to have control over MY body is a gift.
Yeah, he has definitely gone all "sour grapes" on us. I was hoping that after that gracious concession speech he made that he could help the healing process, but I guess not. Oh well. Just makes me happier that he wasn't elected.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#309 Nov 16, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about 1/3 of the population was born in Florida. A large majority (myself included) moved here from up north. Judging by my neighbors, the entire state of Michigan and half of Canada is here.
So territorially, it may be the deep south but demographically, there's not much of a drawl.
Bizackly. I've found Spanish and French very useful.

Oh, and the longtime sobriquet "God's Waiting Room" no longer applies.

Trust me on this.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#310 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
Good morning, afternoon, evening everyone! I'm catching up on this thread.
Hi, Suze.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#311 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
Any new science news, exciting inventions of any kind? Miss Hiding might know. She's one of our resident genius - what is the plural of genius? Genii?
No, that's a corruption of "Jinni" - plural of "Jinn", an Islamic separate creation, like angels.
Only not.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Level 2

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#312 Nov 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm planning to return all the gifts the President sent me.
I have too many ties already.
I can't return the ones from Michelle.. My friends ate all the candy and the flowers are dead.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#313 Nov 16, 2012
_Susan_ wrote:
This popped on my home page. I thought it interesting.

http://www.photonicsonline.com/doc.mvc/physic...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#314 Nov 16, 2012
Junket wrote:
Welcome and well met!

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#315 Nov 16, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome and well met!
Merci beaucoup!{curtsies}
I bring nothing that would even be considered close to scintillating, let alone intellectual exchanges, but I am typically kind and caring. Hope those attributes are enough to allow me unfettered and unchallenged access to this thread.
:-)

P.S. Susan can vouch for my character.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#316 Nov 16, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Merci beaucoup!{curtsies}
I bring nothing that would even be considered close to scintillating, let alone intellectual exchanges, but I am typically kind and caring. Hope those attributes are enough to allow me unfettered and unchallenged access to this thread.
:-)
P.S. Susan can vouch for my character.
De rien.
I cannot warrant anyone else's behaviour (trolls abound), but if Suze vouches for you, you will not lack for allies.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Level 2

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#317 Nov 16, 2012
Junket wrote:
<< opens door >>

.. welcome! Yes, you can find some piece here ..

<< throws pillows on floor >>

.. would you like to lay, oppos, I mean, sit down, make yourself comfortable? My, what silky hair you have ..

<< gently strokes Junket's head, continues downward >>

.. don't mind me, I'm just your average, friendly lesbian ..

Level 9

Location hidden

#318 Nov 16, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Already have. Besides, it's Friday, payday and I'm off all next week for Thanksgiving.
Now that's good news. I'm taking three days off.

Level 9

Location hidden

#319 Nov 16, 2012
Junket wrote:
Hey Lady J!!! You are MOST welcome.

Everyone this is Junket, a good friend. She's smart, funny, witty and very nice.

<3

Level 9

Location hidden

#320 Nov 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The most under-reported of 2011: a general antivirus that works without side effects on almost all viruses. It works by blocking viral-specific DNA enzymes. If it is 100% effective, they may not be able to evolve around it...but I wouldn't bet on that yet.
What else? I'm particularly impressed with Space X's growing ability to get into space - something the US should be proud of!
Is the antivirus in human trials yet. It sounds quite promising.

As for space travel. I think that until humanity is really crowded and has completely polluted this planet, it won't be happening. I really hope I'm wrong.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#321 Nov 16, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about 1/3 of the population was born in Florida. A large majority (myself included) moved here from up north. Judging by my neighbors, the entire state of Michigan and half of Canada is here.
So territorially, it may be the deep south but demographically, there's not much of a drawl.
I have heard Florida described as in the south but not of the south. Sounds like that remains true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min IB DaMann 74,683
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 10 min replaytime 112
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 25 min replaytime 161,944
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 1 hr Nemesis 285
News The Odds of Evolution Are Zero 3 hr Science 2
News 300,000 year-old "early Homo sapiens" sparks de... 3 hr Science 24
How can we prove God exists, or does not? (May '15) 6 hr Will 499
More from around the web