UC Irvine students decry evolution-only...

Oct 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Discovery Institute

Citing a lack of classroom discourse on intelligent design at the University of California Irvine a highly regarded scientific research institution a Christian student group recently brought in a scholar to discuss the merits of the controversial theory, which suggests an intelligence can be found in the blueprints of life.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

So Fundies, who are desperate to believe anything but actual science, think teaching repackaged creationism is a good idea.

Shocking.

“My DNA tastes like chicken”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
So Fundies, who are desperate to believe anything but actual science, think teaching repackaged creationism is a good idea.
Shocking.
I notice that "scientific evidence" was mentioned several times but it doesn't mention that any was provided. Strange. I wonder why?

Maybe Casey left the evidence in his briefs.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

"The pro-intelligent design scholar who spoke at UC Irvine on Wednesday at the behest of a Ratio Christi..."

Note "Ratio Christi" is Latin for "The Reason of Christ". But ID, of course, has nothing to do with religion.

"...told the audience that despite what they may have heard to the contrary in many of their science classes scientifically vetted evidence does indeed support the theory that life on Earth had help evolving."

Help? What kind of help? Comets? Lightening? Thermal vents?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

MikeF wrote:
"The pro-intelligent design scholar who spoke at UC Irvine on Wednesday at the behest of a Ratio Christi..."
Note "Ratio Christi" is Latin for "The Reason of Christ". But ID, of course, has nothing to do with religion.
"...told the audience that despite what they may have heard to the contrary in many of their science classes scientifically vetted evidence does indeed support the theory that life on Earth had help evolving."
Help? What kind of help? Comets? Lightening? Thermal vents?

All those things did help. So obviously god directed the comets at earth.

Duh!

“My DNA tastes like chicken”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All those things did help. So obviously god directed the comets at earth.
Duh!
Bill Haley?

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

And again not one creationists comes here to make a comment but the evolutionists flock here. LOL
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Well it IS the evolution forum. Duh.

And plenty of fundies still flock numerous other threads. Duh.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

replaytime wrote:
And again not one creationists comes here to make a comment but the evolutionists flock here. LOL

Yes, it is nice to have a conversation with all intelligent, rational people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••