Bill Nye argues teaching creationism disadvantages kids, hurts America

Aug 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Beloved Science Guy Bill Nye no doubt lost a few longtime fans this week when he posted a web video titled " Creationism Is not Appropriate for Children " to the Big Think Youtube channel on Aug.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the gods of evolution are revered too admiringly and submissively and that they should be laughed at instead.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/SDA/viewto...
Here is the irony of your assertion, if we did revere them as "gods" then at least we know they exist, we have evidence, facts, and compelling proof of their existence, which is much more than your god has.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the gods of evolution are revered too admiringly and submissively and that they should be laughed at instead.
As it happens we all laugh at you instead.

In fact even the fundies do too.
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the irony of your assertion, if we did revere them as "gods" then at least we know they exist, we have evidence, facts, and compelling proof of their existence, which is much more than your god has.
I see that you didn't investigate the link, which reveals that Richard Dawkins' PhD thesis is best compared to a middle school science project.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you didn't investigate the link, which reveals that Richard Dawkins' PhD thesis is best compared to a middle school science project.
Even if that opinion of his work was true, it's still a step up from the kindergarten level fables in the bible. Meh.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that opinion of his work was true, it's still a step up from the kindergarten level fables in the bible. Meh.
I prefer the truth about Jesus above the mythologizing of dullards like Albert Einstein http://everythingimportant.org/Einstein_worsh... or the hero worship of non-scientists like Charles Darwin.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer the truth about Jesus above the mythologizing of dullards like Albert Einstein http://everythingimportant.org/Einstein_worsh... or the hero worship of non-scientists like Charles Darwin.
You are presumptuous, and very arrogant. So let's just destroy your source, shall we?

The website you liked is nothing but a collection of assertions with no valid evidence backing it. The bible is also nothing but a collection of assertions with no solid evidence backing them, thus anything based on it inherits this quality. You discount science not because it's wrong but because you simply do not want to put in the effort of learning anything. That is the reason people will use the bible and ignore everything else, laziness.

A truly wise person will learn about as much as possible before making any attempt to form an opinion on any matter, you have not done that.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are presumptuous, and very arrogant. So let's just destroy your source, shall we?
The website you liked is nothing but a collection of assertions with no valid evidence backing it.
A truly wise person will learn about as much as possible before making any attempt to form an opinion on any matter, you have not done that.
As the Scriptures assert, the judgment of hypocrites are the judgments of self. Evidently, you failed to discern that most of that page was copied from the website of the Brookhaven National Laboratory (Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day, April 28, 2005). It is also plainly evident that you didn't listen to the song (written by a physicist) which was written to propagandize children and initiate them into the cult of Einstein worship. The quotes from Einstein himself and the other references could be confirmed by a little research. Must a website do all your thinking for you? If so, then you are the cultist that I think you are.

Since I am the person in the opening paragraph relating my experience in graduate school, I could easily be persuaded to disclose the professor's name that shamed me by his worshipful praise of Einstein, which exceeded my devotion to Jesus Christ.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> As the Scriptures assert, the judgment of hypocrites are the judgments of self. Evidently, you failed to discern that most of that page was copied from the website of the Brookhaven National Laboratory (Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day, April 28, 2005). It is also plainly evident that you didn't listen to the song (written by a physicist) which was written to propagandize children and initiate them into the cult of Einstein worship. The quotes from Einstein himself and the other references could be confirmed by a little research. Must a website do all your thinking for you? If so, then you are the cultist that I think you are.
Since I am the person in the opening paragraph relating my experience in graduate school, I could easily be persuaded to disclose the professor's name that shamed me by his worshipful praise of Einstein, which exceeded my devotion to Jesus Christ.
You believe in alien abductions too, don't you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> As the Scriptures assert
... that the Earth is flat and that Shoob is a hypocrite. All else from you is spam. Spam spam spam spam and spam. Not even spam spam eggs bacon and spam. Have they removed that restraining order yet?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The website you liked is nothing but a collection of assertions with no valid evidence backing it. The bible is also nothing but a collection of assertions with no solid evidence backing them, thus anything based on it inherits this quality. You discount science not because it's wrong but because you simply do not want to put in the effort of learning anything. That is the reason people will use the bible and ignore everything else, laziness.
The website Eugene linked to is his very own. Lots and lots of really whacky stuff in there. I wonder why that is?
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

The Dude wrote:
the Earth is flat
Where in the world did you get that idea?
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
Lots and lots of really whacky stuff in there. I wonder why that is?
The answer to your why is that you can't cope with the child abuse sanctioned by the elite heroes of science.
http://everythingimportant.org/Einstein_worsh...
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 50:19
You give your mouth to evil, And your tongue frames deceit.
I think I will let God decide, if He exists, which one of us is evil and prone to LYING.

Personally, I think YOU should be more worried than me since I don't constantly LIE to little children and about who and what I am.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The website Eugene linked to is his very own. Lots and lots of really whacky stuff in there.
Plus LOTS of self-aggrandizement since everyone else he comes in contact with recognizes him for the pompous, arrogant, ignoramus that he is.

You should see some of the conversations he's had on various math and physics forums. His humiliation would be sad if it were happening to someone other than Eugene.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will let God decide, if He exists, which one of us is evil and prone to LYING.
Personally, I think YOU should be more worried than me since I don't constantly LIE to little children and about who and what I am.
Psalm 32:2
Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 32:2
Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
Confucius 3:15 He who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky pinky.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in alien abductions too, don't you?
The only oddity I believe in is my power to transform atheists into idiots.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>The only oddity I believe in is my power to transform atheists into idiots.
What about the BILLIONS Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Confucianists, Daoists, Shinto, Pagans, Wicca, etc., who understand and accept the biological Theory of Evolution as the best scientific explanation we have for the diversity of life we see on planet Earth, past and present, and who would also probably think you're mentally disturbed (if they had the misfortune of interacting with you).

Why only atheists?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the world did you get that idea?
The Bible.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 32:2
Then as you are a known and confirmed liar, you are not blessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••