Bill Nye argues teaching creationism disadvantages kids, hurts America

Aug 28, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 44

Beloved Science Guy Bill Nye no doubt lost a few longtime fans this week when he posted a web video titled " Creationism Is not Appropriate for Children " to the Big Think Youtube channel on Aug.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Sep 5, 2012
Bill Nye is so cool.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#2 Sep 5, 2012
I see you list Seattle as your location. Did you watch "Almost Live" when it ran?

If not and you get cable or satellite you need to set your DVR to record it whenever they run it, and they still do. You will see Bill Nye in his youth.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#3 Sep 5, 2012
In fact I just looked it up. It airs at 1:00 and 1:30 AM on Saturday night or technically Sunday morning on channel 5 NBC.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
I see you list Seattle as your location. Did you watch "Almost Live" when it ran?
If not and you get cable or satellite you need to set your DVR to record it whenever they run it, and they still do. You will see Bill Nye in his youth.
Yeah, I watched when I was younger. Grew up in Kent Washington, just south of where I am now.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#5 Sep 5, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
In fact I just looked it up. It airs at 1:00 and 1:30 AM on Saturday night or technically Sunday morning on channel 5 NBC.
I don't watch TV anymore, haven't for several years actually. ;)

Level 9

Everett, WA

#6 Sep 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch TV anymore, haven't for several years actually. ;)
Yeah, it rots the brain anyway.
Dzien Dobry

Carrollton, TX

#7 Sep 7, 2012
What does a kiddie-show host know about real science?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Dzien Dobry wrote:
Bill Nye always had a strong interest in science.Before he had his TV career he was an engineer at Being. His kiddie show arose from his work on Almost Live, where he first had the character "Bill Nye the Science Guy". He tried to get interesting science across with humor.

It is not unusual that someone who is interested in science would object when a group of people tried to teach them lies.
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Dzien Dobry wrote:
Engineers are certainly qualified to speak on kiddie level science. Fortunately, that's a rank much higher than what can be achieved by evolutionary biologists.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#10 Sep 9, 2012
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Engineers are certainly qualified to speak on kiddie level science. Fortunately, that's a rank much higher than what can be achieved by evolutionary biologists.
You would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky kids.

Shubee Doobie Doo, where are you? We got some work to do now. Come on Shubee Doo, I see you. You need a doobie or two.
Level 6

Location hidden

#11 Sep 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Come on Shubee Doo, I see you. You need a doobie or two.
Actually, I don't believe in smoking marijuana. I believe in drinking freshly juiced marijuana leaves if mixed with other fresh vegetable juices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#12 Sep 10, 2012
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I don't believe in smoking marijuana. I believe in drinking freshly juiced marijuana leaves if mixed with other fresh vegetable juices.
And my guess is you're leaving out a few important ingredients.

“Transitional Molecular Fossils”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in Penn's Woods

#13 Sep 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And my guess is you're leaving out a few important ingredients.
LOL...thanks for the laugh.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#14 Sep 10, 2012
Welcome.

:-)
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#15 Sep 10, 2012
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Engineers are certainly qualified to speak on kiddie level science. Fortunately, that's a rank much higher than what can be achieved by evolutionary biologists.
This coming from a failed middle school math teacher from RIchardson, Texas, who lies to home schooled kids for a living, and has delude himself into thinking he's a scientist because, well, he has a website.
Level 6

Location hidden

#16 Sep 11, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from a failed middle school math teacher from RIchardson, Texas, who lies to home schooled kids for a living, and has delude himself into thinking he's a scientist because, well, he has a website.
Proverbs 10:23
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#17 Sep 11, 2012
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Proverbs 10:23
Yes I recall you had no understanding of teh Flood.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#18 Sep 11, 2012
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Proverbs 10:23
So, no wisdom for you then, since you seem to have so little understanding of anything.

Oh, and BTW, LYING to little kids about science and reality (like you do) is pretty evil.

Haven't you claimed on occasion that you are a scientist? That IS a lie, isn't it? Isn't that considered evil in your religion?
Level 6

Location hidden

#20 Sep 11, 2012
Normal Flora wrote:
"There is no God but Reason and Dawkins is its messenger."
I think that the gods of evolution are revered too admiringly and submissively and that they should be laughed at instead.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/SDA/viewto...
Level 6

Location hidden

#21 Sep 11, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no wisdom for you then, since you seem to have so little understanding of anything.
Oh, and BTW, LYING to little kids about science and reality (like you do) is pretty evil.
Haven't you claimed on occasion that you are a scientist? That IS a lie, isn't it? Isn't that considered evil in your religion?
Psalm 50:19
You give your mouth to evil, And your tongue frames deceit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min deutscher Nationa... 117,443
Darwin on the rocks 26 min dog groomer 179
Humans DID evolve from apes! 2 hr Daz Ma Taz 3
Why are there no dinosaur pen is fossil? 4 hr John K 3
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 7 hr Zog Has-fallen 657
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 8 hr Dogen 174,462
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 10 hr The Dude 14

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE