Richmond, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

llDayo wrote:
Er, the universe doesn't make any decisions and desplays no consciousness. How could it be considered a brain? I'm confuzzled. And for all we know, a brain might be unique to our planet alone. There may be a more common way of biological creatures elsewhere to have sentience.
How about outside the Universe? If someone were able to be inside our brain, how would you know if it was making decisions or not unless you were able to observe the results of those decisions?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Ajaxspank wrote:
<quoted text>
How about outside the Universe? If someone were able to be inside our brain, how would you know if it was making decisions or not unless you were able to observe the results of those decisions?
Dammit, now you're just trying to give me a headache...and succeeding.

Since: Mar 07

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

If the universe is God's brain, then it's mostly empty.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

iVitamin
God is supposed to be a spirit.(A powerful spirit I guess.) So he has no brain.

Gillette
I hope, for your sake, that you were not attempting to be humourous here ("He has no brain").:)

And actually, your Bible claims that Jesus ascended bodily into heaven. What did He then do with His body (including, presumably, His brain)?

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Level 1

A galaxy near you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

Weird War wrote:
If the universe is God's brain, then it's mostly empty.
Geez, I resemble that remark!
ajax spark is an idiot

Croydon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

God CREATED the universe how could it possibly be his brain???? when his brain presuming what guides his inteligence IS a brain, would have to be in existence before the creation of the
universe??
Falasha

Poulsbo, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

The Earth is a living being. The galaxy is a being superior to Earth. The Universe is superior to the galaxy and the solar system is the supreme being. What is the superior being to solar system? Of course there is one but we just don't know what it is.

Molecular structure is organized like the solar system. With atoms orbiting around a nucleus, empty space is all there is.

“Kentucky boy in Kansas”

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

so if this universe is indeed God's brain, what about the alternate and parallel universes? is that God's brain on drugs?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

Falasha wrote:
The Earth is a living being. The galaxy is a being superior to Earth. The Universe is superior to the galaxy and the solar system is the supreme being. What is the superior being to solar system? Of course there is one but we just don't know what it is.
Molecular structure is organized like the solar system. With atoms orbiting around a nucleus, empty space is all there is.
Huh? The solar system resides within the galaxy which in turn resides within the universe. Why would the solar system be superior to the universe?
Also, the nucleus is part of the atom. You probably meant electrons but they don't orbit around the nucleus. They in fact form some sort of shell around it instead (this is based on recent findings that I remember reading about but I can't remember where so I don't have a link ready).

Richmond, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

ajax spark is an idiot wrote:
God CREATED the universe how could it possibly be his brain???? when his brain presuming what guides his inteligence IS a brain, would have to be in existence before the creation of the
universe??
What if we are mearly a fantasy within his brain? Still a creation wouldn't you say?
Pat

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

That makes us his children !
Pat

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

If you look at all the descriptions of God and take into consideration what the human race understands about reality, it is quite plausible that the universe is God's intellectual presence. Think about it, just think!

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
No more likely than the Earth being a giant supercomputer, designed by white mice, in order to discover the Ultimate Question.
We already know the answer, of course: 42
Exactly!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
No more likely than the Earth being a giant supercomputer, designed by white mice, in order to discover the Ultimate Question.
We already know the answer, of course: 42
I knew that!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

The universe is work coming from the totality of the conscious power of God. God not only has mental ability or capacity to reason, but, he also has faculties of feeling. After the heavens and the earth were finished, God had a tranquil and peaceful period in which he rested from all his work. A brain as we know it is a physiological term for the organic structure that is thought to make mental activity possible for humans and some other creatures on earth. We may be a product of the mind of God, and he is not limited to any physical structural constraints,because he is a Spirit.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The u
We still don't care Mikey.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••