Since: Mar 07

Sugar Land, TX

#21 Oct 7, 2007
llDayo wrote:
Er, the universe doesn't make any decisions and desplays no consciousness. How could it be considered a brain? I'm confuzzled. And for all we know, a brain might be unique to our planet alone. There may be a more common way of biological creatures elsewhere to have sentience.
How about outside the Universe? If someone were able to be inside our brain, how would you know if it was making decisions or not unless you were able to observe the results of those decisions?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#22 Oct 8, 2007
Ajaxspank wrote:
<quoted text>
How about outside the Universe? If someone were able to be inside our brain, how would you know if it was making decisions or not unless you were able to observe the results of those decisions?
Dammit, now you're just trying to give me a headache...and succeeding.

Since: Mar 07

Fresno, CA

#23 Oct 8, 2007
If the universe is God's brain, then it's mostly empty.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#24 Oct 8, 2007
iVitamin
God is supposed to be a spirit.(A powerful spirit I guess.) So he has no brain.

Gillette
I hope, for your sake, that you were not attempting to be humourous here ("He has no brain").:)

And actually, your Bible claims that Jesus ascended bodily into heaven. What did He then do with His body (including, presumably, His brain)?

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

A galaxy near you.

#25 Oct 13, 2007
Weird War wrote:
If the universe is God's brain, then it's mostly empty.
Geez, I resemble that remark!
ajax spark is an idiot

London, UK

#26 Nov 5, 2007
God CREATED the universe how could it possibly be his brain???? when his brain presuming what guides his inteligence IS a brain, would have to be in existence before the creation of the
universe??
Falasha

Poulsbo, WA

#27 Nov 5, 2007
The Earth is a living being. The galaxy is a being superior to Earth. The Universe is superior to the galaxy and the solar system is the supreme being. What is the superior being to solar system? Of course there is one but we just don't know what it is.

Molecular structure is organized like the solar system. With atoms orbiting around a nucleus, empty space is all there is.

“Kentucky boy in Kansas”

Since: Sep 07

United States

#28 Nov 5, 2007
so if this universe is indeed God's brain, what about the alternate and parallel universes? is that God's brain on drugs?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#29 Nov 5, 2007
Falasha wrote:
The Earth is a living being. The galaxy is a being superior to Earth. The Universe is superior to the galaxy and the solar system is the supreme being. What is the superior being to solar system? Of course there is one but we just don't know what it is.
Molecular structure is organized like the solar system. With atoms orbiting around a nucleus, empty space is all there is.
Huh? The solar system resides within the galaxy which in turn resides within the universe. Why would the solar system be superior to the universe?
Also, the nucleus is part of the atom. You probably meant electrons but they don't orbit around the nucleus. They in fact form some sort of shell around it instead (this is based on recent findings that I remember reading about but I can't remember where so I don't have a link ready).

Since: Mar 07

Sugar Land, TX

#30 Nov 5, 2007
ajax spark is an idiot wrote:
God CREATED the universe how could it possibly be his brain???? when his brain presuming what guides his inteligence IS a brain, would have to be in existence before the creation of the
universe??
What if we are mearly a fantasy within his brain? Still a creation wouldn't you say?
Pat

Queen Creek, AZ

#31 Jun 13, 2012
That makes us his children !
Pat

Queen Creek, AZ

#32 Jun 13, 2012
If you look at all the descriptions of God and take into consideration what the human race understands about reality, it is quite plausible that the universe is God's intellectual presence. Think about it, just think!

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#33 Jun 14, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
No more likely than the Earth being a giant supercomputer, designed by white mice, in order to discover the Ultimate Question.
We already know the answer, of course: 42
Exactly!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#34 Jun 17, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
No more likely than the Earth being a giant supercomputer, designed by white mice, in order to discover the Ultimate Question.
We already know the answer, of course: 42
I knew that!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#35 Jun 22, 2012
The universe is work coming from the totality of the conscious power of God. God not only has mental ability or capacity to reason, but, he also has faculties of feeling. After the heavens and the earth were finished, God had a tranquil and peaceful period in which he rested from all his work. A brain as we know it is a physiological term for the organic structure that is thought to make mental activity possible for humans and some other creatures on earth. We may be a product of the mind of God, and he is not limited to any physical structural constraints,because he is a Spirit.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#36 Jun 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The u
We still don't care Mikey.
Chell

Columbus, OH

#37 Wednesday Sep 3
I love this idea. I used to be Catholic years ago up until some Zeitgeist documentary made me think completely differently, lol. I've struggled to come up with a belief because I even sort of miss being Catholic because it was so much simpler. Anyways, I am not a believer of organized religion and I'm fine with there being NOTHING after life. It's funny, the thing that scares me though is the thought of REINCARNATION even though I don't really believe in it.

Let's suppose that this is true, that the universe is a "mind" of God. We are part of that creation...so what do you think happens after death? Is it like a dream where we are finished and we are just kinda "stored" away? Kind of like a computer that has data where it's just gone but not really really gone? I'm confusing myself here, lol.

I guess another way to put it if I were to think of my own mind. I'm thinking of someone "creating" a person in my head. They can be gone from my mind in an instant but that doesn't mean that person is gone forever because my mind can just bring them back and continue on or whatever.

This is difficult to grasp, I have no idea.
FREE SERVANT

Madison, TN

#38 Wednesday Sep 3
Chell wrote:
I love this idea. I used to be Catholic years ago up until some Zeitgeist documentary made me think completely differently, lol. I've struggled to come up with a belief because I even sort of miss being Catholic because it was so much simpler. Anyways, I am not a believer of organized religion and I'm fine with there being NOTHING after life. It's funny, the thing that scares me though is the thought of REINCARNATION even though I don't really believe in it.
Let's suppose that this is true, that the universe is a "mind" of God. We are part of that creation...so what do you think happens after death? Is it like a dream where we are finished and we are just kinda "stored" away? Kind of like a computer that has data where it's just gone but not really really gone? I'm confusing myself here, lol.
I guess another way to put it if I were to think of my own mind. I'm thinking of someone "creating" a person in my head. They can be gone from my mind in an instant but that doesn't mean that person is gone forever because my mind can just bring them back and continue on or whatever.
This is difficult to grasp, I have no idea.
We are not a mind other than ourselves. The universe is the biblical heaven and earth and yes it is and we are a creation of God. What happens after death is the judgement when the books are opened and each person will bow their knees before Jesus. Our existence is forever according to the Bible. It is appointed for us to die and we will be raised from the dead and then be judged.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#39 Wednesday Sep 3
Thanks for this, Chell.

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#40 Saturday Sep 6
The universe is not Gods brain, it is Gods mind. There is a difference. It is the imagination and creativity of God which is limitless and ever expanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr Patrick 332
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 116,684
Difficulty Loading Topix Pages 5 hr Gillette 8
New review critical of "Origins" 6 hr DanFromSmithville 21
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 hr Mugwump 173,750
Need clarification on evolution 13 hr Dogen 7
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 13 hr Chimney1 517
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••