biogirl101

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Aug 29, 2013
I do not understand how people religious or not can not accept the fact that evolution is real that is how we created? How do you believe and waste your time preying to a God that does not exist?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#2 Aug 29, 2013
biogirl101 wrote:
I do not understand how people religious or not can not accept the fact that evolution is real that is how we created? How do you believe and waste your time preying to a God that does not exist?
Well for one thing I can't recall ever "preying" on a God. I leave that to the predators. Now sometimes when I feel like I am over come with things or people I care about are overcome with things I do "pray" to God for a little strength and help.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#3 Aug 29, 2013
biogirl101 wrote:
A God or Gods may or may not exist. But since it's not a scientific concept there's no way to tell. So it's no more valid than the Matrix, Flying Spaghetti Monster or Cosmic Sheep.

Either way evolution happened. However while many theists have no problem with evolution, some prefer to place limits on their allegedly all-powerful Creator.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4 Aug 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Now sometimes when I feel like I am over come with things or people I care about are overcome with things I do "pray" to God for a little strength and help.
Just an observation but lately I'd say your placebo appears to be wearing off. I suggest you increase your regime of putting your hands together in your attempt to convince your deity to change its mind.

Or alternatively you could try thinking.

May the Great Fart of the Cosmic Sheep bless you and your hands!

:-)
Human at Nature

Torrance, CA

#5 Sep 22, 2013
I think we are part of a 10 trillion dollars experiment. To see what we all want. To see what is worth your time. To see what you need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Chimney1 160,869
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr kenedy njoroge 141,279
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr thertruth 18,673
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 2 hr GTID62 13,669
No Place For ID? 2 hr GTID62 1
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 10 hr Dogen 1,338
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri hpcaban 178,585
More from around the web