Evidence for God.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#121 Oct 6, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The religious always play a game of musical c hair when it comes to decide which scripture is allegorical or not.
It's all based on the tune that is convenient to them.
Absolutely.

Whats even funnier is when they come up against an Atheist that knows the bible better then they, and accuse them of misrepresenting the bible and their religion. When in actuality thats what they do lol.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#122 Oct 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Job said, 9:21, "Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life" 42:6 "Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes". Job had to admit he was a sinner and there was iniquity in his life. He also spoke the words of the Holy One, 6:10. As a result, the Messiah will abase the proud and exalt the lowly. Why would God have self hate if she was a female?
In the torah, women don't have much rights.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#123 Oct 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan also knows that he will be ultimately defeated and his sin against God will cost him his life and his riches. Job 20:25 "It is drawn, and cometh out of the body; yea the glittering sword cometh out of his gall: terrors are upon him". Psalm 109:18 "...so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones" Job 20:15 "He hath swallowed down riches and he shall vomit them up again; God shall cast them out of his belly" :18 "...according to his substance shall the restitution be..." This is mainly punishment for the "crucifixion" which Satan is responsible for and it happened in the Messiahs' childhood.
Satan is an agent of your god, according to your book of fairytales.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#124 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's admitted in the NT that Jesus is the last Adam. He is the messenger of Satan. In the bible, earth is called "the land of the living". It has always been Gods intent to live on earth. She will be executed but will return within a matter of days.(I'm not going to say how long but it's in the bible) As for your question about DNA, it's nonsensical and I will not respond.
This is the same NT that you donít believe to be true and mock on a regular basis? Or is this like the OT where you are being selective and only mock the bits that donít coincide with your personal belief system?

And again you are claiming you know your gods will, and his gender

Then you are dismissing DNA as nonsensical because it screws up you cherry picked belief system. That very same DNA that the law of most (if not all) countries accepts as evidential. Funny that really.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#125 Oct 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I hate is when people cite the phrase "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence," as absolute truth. In many cases it is true. A new species can be discovered that was not known before. But in many cases, absence of evidence can be used as evidence of absence. An example of this would be in criminal cases. In many such cases, suspects make up witnesses as alibis. In these cases, the police look up for evidence of the existence of the person and try to contact them, and when they cannot find any shred of evidence that such a person existed, then they conclude that he/she was made up.
A god who supoosedly is all around us, and has been living for zillions of years, should leave some sort of physical evidence of his existence.
You would think so wouldnít you.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#126 Oct 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>You would think so wouldn’t you.
Hi Christine,
What is you personal conclusion?

Level 5

above and beyond

#127 Oct 7, 2013
Has it ever occurred to anyone that science is now the new mysticism? Einstein is now a saint! How I love these mind games. It baffles my waffles. lol
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#128 Oct 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You're timeline is totally wrong susanblange.
Could you tell me when you think the Noachian flood happened?
Could you tell me when you think dinosaurs roamed the earth?
I think the flood occurred between four and five thousand years ago. Offhand, I don't know the exact year. All primitive animal species were finished off. Most dinosaurs were killed by an asteroid before that but there were some that survived, according to the bible.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#129 Oct 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, god wants us to love our enemies. They have been victims of wrong and evil. I have become a victim myself. I had a vision of Satan's power. And he made it clear who he chose to inflict including me. But satan cannot go away completely. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Satan's power can only change form. That's why when we learn about wrong and evil, we need to understand why it's part of life. God taught Christianity to show us the two extremes of energies, the ultimate good and the ultimate evil. Anyone in the extreme end will not completely understand life and remain ignorant. People need to meet half-way. Those who know what I'm talking about should lead those who are blinded. This generation must lead the next.
The Force has a dark side and everything has it's opposite. Life is symmetrical and that is the way the Universe was designed. Satans power is limited and he can only do what God allows. But don't confuse Satan and God, Energy is God not Satan. Satans power comes from an imitation or counterfeit, the dark side of the force.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#130 Oct 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is an agent of your god, according to your book of fairytales.
Satan is a member of the family of God, son and in this present life, father. God created Satan, therefore God is ultimately responsible for everything Satan does. But that doesn't mean Satan is not also to blame. God knew he would be "crucified" by Satan but chose to come to earth anyway. When Satan and the idols are destroyed, there will be righteousness in the earth.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#131 Oct 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same NT that you donít believe to be true and mock on a regular basis? Or is this like the OT where you are being selective and only mock the bits that donít coincide with your personal belief system?
And again you are claiming you know your gods will, and his gender
Then you are dismissing DNA as nonsensical because it screws up you cherry picked belief system. That very same DNA that the law of most (if not all) countries accepts as evidential. Funny that really.
The OT is mixed up but it all fits together into a big picture like the pieces of a puzzle. The word of the Lord is very plain and right to those who find knowledge. There is nothing froward or perverse in it. I am not dismissing DNA itself. The hypothesis about DNA was nonsensical. Any problems in the OT text are the result of human error. But the OT is generally reliable and has been well preserved.

Level 5

above and beyond

#132 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Force has a dark side and everything has it's opposite. Life is symmetrical and that is the way the Universe was designed. Satans power is limited and he can only do what God allows. But don't confuse Satan and God, Energy is God not Satan. Satans power comes from an imitation or counterfeit, the dark side of the force.
Every family has a devil in their genes. It's usually the one who wears the pants, it could be metaphor for the shtick if that's what you call it. We can fix this problem by wearing different hats instead.:-)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#133 Oct 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Every family has a devil in their genes. It's usually the one who wears the pants, it could be metaphor for the shtick if that's what you call it. We can fix this problem by wearing different hats instead.:-)
I do not believe in original sin, but if there is such a thing, only males inherit it. This was one of the reasons for circumcision and males entered into a blood covenant with God. Opposites attract but it doesn't work that way with the wicked and righteous, they do not get along and cannot love each other.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#134 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is a member of the family of God, son and in this present life, father. God created Satan, therefore God is ultimately responsible for everything Satan does. But that doesn't mean Satan is not also to blame. God knew he would be "crucified" by Satan but chose to come to earth anyway. When Satan and the idols are destroyed, there will be righteousness in the earth.
So God came to earth himself and was crucified. It was not Jesus, God's son that was crucified?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#135 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe in original sin, but if there is such a thing, only males inherit it. This was one of the reasons for circumcision and males entered into a blood covenant with God. Opposites attract but it doesn't work that way with the wicked and righteous, they do not get along and cannot love each other.
So it is pretty clear you have this feminist thing going on. For you say the original sin is from man, only males inherit it. God as you have said several times is a she. Let me ask you who ate the forbidden fruit, which was supposedly where all sin originated from? Or is that all a BS story?

Level 5

above and beyond

#136 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe in original sin, but if there is such a thing, only males inherit it. This was one of the reasons for circumcision and males entered into a blood covenant with God. Opposites attract but it doesn't work that way with the wicked and righteous, they do not get along and cannot love each other.
I hate to admit you have a point. But that is mentality in the dark ages. We are in a new era now. We don't curse enemies like we are going to do voodoo on them. It's really just a game now. In the long run it is a win-win for all.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#137 Oct 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So God came to earth himself and was crucified. It was not Jesus, God's son that was crucified?
I am not a Christian and do not believe God has a literal son, except for Adam. The "crucifixion" was an act of child neglect and torture on the part of the Messiahs parents. "Let the iniquities of his fathers be remembered with the Lord, and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out". There is only one God, Christians believe in three. Psalms 22 and 69 have nothing to do with a "crucifixion", it is something totally different and unique. Jesus was crucified and suffered a strange punishment and died a hideous death of the uncircumcised.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#138 Oct 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is pretty clear you have this feminist thing going on. For you say the original sin is from man, only males inherit it. God as you have said several times is a she. Let me ask you who ate the forbidden fruit, which was supposedly where all sin originated from? Or is that all a BS story?
The story in the garden is not meant to be taken literally. The serpent was a part of Adams anatomy and Adam talked Eve into eating the fruit and performing the act. As a result, Adam was cursed and so was the serpent and the earth, which was what Adam was created from. The Messiah is the seed of Eve and will conquer and bruise the head of the serpent.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#139 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and do not believe God has a literal son, except for Adam. The "crucifixion" was an act of child neglect and torture on the part of the Messiahs parents. "Let the iniquities of his fathers be remembered with the Lord, and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out". There is only one God, Christians believe in three. Psalms 22 and 69 have nothing to do with a "crucifixion", it is something totally different and unique. Jesus was crucified and suffered a strange punishment and died a hideous death of the uncircumcised.
Ok you say Jesus was crucified and suffered a strange punishment and died a hideous death of the uncircumcised.

Who, in your world, was Jesus?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#140 Oct 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I think the flood occurred between four and five thousand years ago. Offhand, I don't know the exact year. All primitive animal species were finished off. Most dinosaurs were killed by an asteroid before that but there were some that survived, according to the bible.
Most all current religions place the Noachian flood around 2300 to 2500 BC (4300+- to 4500+- years ago). Trouble with this scenario is that there is absolutely no bone, DNA, stratigraphic, archaeological, or paleoanthropological evidence that this flood ever happened.

The only people who believe this flood have never examined the real scientific evidence.

As for the dinosaurs; the evidence that they died out around 65,000,000 years ago is pretty overwhelming and there has been NO evidence at all for any of them surviving until the Biblical times, or into today. Anybody that tells you otherwise is flat out lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Science 1,412
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 78,757
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 32,460
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Science 222,264
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Science 163,059
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! Aug 19 Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web