Evidence for God.
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“Live and Let Live”

Since: Aug 13

West Plains, MO

#1 Aug 12, 2013
I have seen many say without evidence for God then he can't exist.

Now we don't have any evidence for other life in the universe or evidence for other universes but yet science spends $$ billions, puts many thousands hours of time in man hours and research hours annually trying to find evidence there is.

Ask science to look for evidence of God and science will say it is a waste of time and money for there is no God/creator. But yet they have no clue of other life or universes but yet waste so much time and money looking for that evidence which in all reality should be just as far fetched to them as God existing.

Does science want a God/creator to exist or would deny most of what they say is factual evidence in many areas.

Common man can not find/show evidence of God for he does not have the time, resources or money. Science knows this so they stick to what they want to explore and find/show evidence for what they want. And with pretty much endless money and man power they control what they say is real and fake as well as control what they research and don't. For you nor I can nor have the knowledge, money nor man power to say they are wrong. We have no choice but to either believe what they say or we can say you must be wrong but will be met with show your evidence on how we are wrong.

Now I don't know if God is the creator or if we just happened to be. What I am doing is asking for your opinions to see what can/will come up with either way.

“I'm out hunting”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#2 Aug 12, 2013
suncore wrote:
Now we don't have any evidence for other life in the universe or evidence for other universes but yet science spends $$ billions, puts many thousands hours of time in man hours and research hours annually trying to find evidence there is.
The difference that we may not know if there are other life forms, but we know that there are other planets and galaxies out there. whereas we have not what shred of evidence that points to a deity.
suncore wrote:
Common man can not find show evidence of God for he does not have the time, resources or money. Science knows this so they stick to what they want to explore and find/show evidence for what they want. And with pretty much endless money and man power they control what they say is real and fake as well as control what they research and don't.

1-If god is an all powerful living thing, then should he not seek us out, and not the other way around?
2-Science cannot entertain every superstition as a valid theory.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#3 Aug 12, 2013
suncore wrote:
Hold it right there sunshine. What those with a scientific mind set actually say is that without evidence there is no reason to say that any god exists. Not that such an entity cannot exist.

However, given the utter lack of evidence for any god's existence and the fact that a not inconsiderable amount of effort has been invested over the years to find such evidence (without success) then the likelihood of there being such a thing is vanishingly small. In other words the probability is almost, but not quite, zero.

Carry on.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4 Aug 12, 2013
suncore wrote:
(Title) Evidence For God
Sorry, no idea why this is being posted here. This is a biology forum, Topix has religion forums for this subject.
suncore wrote:
There is no such thing as scientific evidence for (a) God, but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't exist. Either it does or it doesn't. But without a scientific hypothesis for it there is no way to tell.
suncore wrote:
Ask science to look for evidence of God
Why ask science to look for evidence for something which is not scientific? Since this "God" concept is *your* idea the burden is on you to figure out how to test for this thing scientifically.
suncore wrote:
and science will say it is a waste of time and money for there is no God/creator.
This might surprise all the scientists who are theists. More likely they will tell you that it's a waste of time because it's not a scientific concept. You may as well be asking them to search for evidence of ghosts.
suncore wrote:
But yet they have no clue of other life or universes but yet waste so much time and money looking for that evidence which in all reality should be just as far fetched to them as God existing.
Since life does exist in the universe (Earth) it's not really so far fetched to consider that in our vast vast VAST universe that life may exist elsewhere. See, the difference between God and aliens is that aliens have the potential to be scientifically verified. Currently our most promising potential is a moon called Europa. Space travel is not a viable option for us at yet however if we build a big enough mirror we may be able to literally see other planets and detect if they have via spectroscopy.
suncore wrote:
Does science want a God/creator to exist or would deny most of what they say is factual evidence in many areas.
Wants and desires have little to do with it. The only goal of science is to discover more about the universe we live in. The only reason Gods are excluded is because no-one can come up with a scientific definition for it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5 Aug 12, 2013
suncore wrote:
Common man can not find/show evidence of God for he does not have the time, resources or money.
He's literally had hundreds of thousands of years. Man cannot find it because there's simply no evidence. There's plenty of money, as evangelists demonstrate. It's just they don't spend it on science.
suncore wrote:
Science knows this so they stick to what they want to explore and find/show evidence for what they want.
On a personal level every scientist wants to discover what hasn't been discovered before. So it's silly to claim they want science to remain stagnant and not find anything else out ever again.
suncore wrote:
And with pretty much endless money and man power they control what they say is real and fake as well as control what they research and don't.
Newsflash - people don't like spending millions if they get no results. There's no profit in faking results on a massive scale all for the sake of rejecting your invisible Jewish wizard. Science is not a worldwide atheist conspiracy. We know this because your computer works.
suncore wrote:
For you nor I can nor have the knowledge, money nor man power to say they are wrong. We have no choice but to either believe what they say or we can say you must be wrong but will be met with show your evidence on how we are wrong.
Wrong. We can learn to be scientists and find out for ourselves. Then if there really is a big conspiracy we can demonstrate it with evidence. If something's different to what science says we can then demonstrate it.
suncore wrote:
Now I don't know if God is the creator or if we just happened to be. What I am doing is asking for your opinions to see what can/will come up with either way.
Nobody's stopping you from coming up with a scientific experiment. If scientists are disappointing you due to their lack of progress in this area there's nothing stopping you from doing this yourself. Tell all the sheep that you think you have actual genuine scientific evidence for God and they will throw money at you. It's what the Discovery Institute does, except the DI doesn't spend it on science. That's why nobody's got anywhere in the field of "scientific creationism".
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#6 Aug 12, 2013
suncore wrote:
Ask science to look for evidence of God and science will say it is a waste of time and money for there is no God/creator. But yet they have no clue of other life or universes but yet waste so much time and money looking for that evidence which in all reality should be just as far fetched to them as God existing.
Common man can not find/show evidence of God for he does not have the time, resources or money. Science knows this so they stick to what they want to explore and find/show evidence for what they want. And with pretty much endless money and man power they control what they say is real and fake as well as control what they research and don't. For you nor I can nor have the knowledge, money nor man power to say they are wrong. We have no choice but to either believe what they say or we can say you must be wrong but will be met with show your evidence on how we are wrong.
That's not how science works. That's what creationists do. They already have a conclusion, and then try and fit science into their ideology to make a claim. That's why creationism and intelligent design is not science.

Concluding there is a God, go look for it, does not fit into the scientific method. Science follows the evidence, and so far, no evidence for a god. Sorry, that's just the way it works.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#7 Aug 13, 2013
suncore wrote:
It’s called research, research that has helped you live the life you live. Without such research in space it is doubtful if the transistor would exist in the form that allows you to post such comments. Such research has also provided you with many other benefits including advanced optics, weather prediction, instant communications and Velcro…

Science can show mathematically that the god depicted in KJV Revelation 19:6 cannot exist at the same time as you.

However science is not in the business of denying, science is in the business of evidence. At the moment there is no evidence (nor has there ever been) for the existence of a god, any god and there are around 3700 documented gods to choose from, 2400 of them claim omnipotence. There is however considerable faith in such gods, faith is not evidence.

New planetary systems are being discovered at the rate of 2 or 3 a day, it turns out that about 1% of those explored have planets in what can measurably be identified as in the “goldilocks zone” and have an atmosphere that contains water. To date we have only explored a tiny fraction of a fraction of a percent of our own galaxy. There are around half a trillion known galaxies each with around half a trillion stars.

Assuming that life is the pinnacle of universal possibilities then if no life has evolved elsewhere then my opinion is that the universe is a colossal waste of space

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8 Aug 14, 2013
suncore wrote:
Here's the key difference:

People searching for alien life are not claiming that aliens are interacting with people on a daily basis. That they are constantly watching over us, giving special orders to special people, causing hurricanes, healing people, granting visions, or telling one group to go and kill another group.

If scientists were claiming that aliens were doing all these things, then we'd have a much higher demand for evidence that they exist.

What scientists are saying is: "Gee, there might be life out there somewhere. Let's listen in and see if we can hear anything."

What Christians are saying is: "God speaks to me directly to tell me that he hates the same people I hate and that soldiers die because some people are gay."

That's a WILDLY different level of interaction.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9 Aug 14, 2013
suncore wrote:
Actually, most of the money and energy goes into finding new planets, which is a worthwhile scientific endeavor. It should be pointed out that what we *do* hav e is evidence that planets are common in the universe. We do have that the basic chemicals for life are common in the universe. We do have that planets the correct distance from their stars are common in the universe. We also have searched only a very, very small part of the universe for life, not even fully exploring our own solar system, let alone the many other stellar systems where life could be.
Give a test that can conclusively prove there is a God or conclusively prove there is not one. For that matter, give a test that would change the initial probabilities of either in any definite way. Until that can be done, there is no point for scientific funding attempting to find God. Science works via testable hypotheses. The existence of God doesn't qualify.
Any ideas how to test this possibility? Seriously, can you find a specific test that would distinguish between God existing and God not existing? Until you answer yes, there is nothing for science to do.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#10 Aug 16, 2013
suncore wrote:
You do know most scientists are theists right??
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#11 Aug 16, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know most scientists are theists right??
How do you figure that?

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#12 Aug 16, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that?
Since you don't understand science and it cast doubts on your recently invented notion of a literal interpretation of the Bible, then anyone that understands, supports and/or practices science is against Christianity and God. Facts and reality are not required for your conclusions. That about sum it up?

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

back in Wisconsin

#13 Aug 16, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that?
By sides most of the global population identifying them selves as theists??

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#14 Aug 16, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
By sides most of the global population identifying them selves as theists??
Didn't you know that anyone that accepts the theory of evolution is an atheist? They are atheist because they accept the theory of evolution. It is called the Circle of Lies.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#15 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you know that anyone that accepts the theory of evolution is an atheist? They are atheist because they accept the theory of evolution. It is called the Circle of Lies.
Like the Pope. Clearly an atheist.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

back in Wisconsin

#16 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you know that anyone that accepts the theory of evolution is an atheist? They are atheist because they accept the theory of evolution. It is called the Circle of Lies.
Well reliable resources at the discovery institute(a fine group of people who would never lie to anyone wink wink), said evolution is just another term for atheism and vise versa.

WHO TO BELIEVE!!??

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

back in Wisconsin

#17 Aug 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Pope. Clearly an atheist.
And Ken Miller of course. And my uncle whos a biologist. But of course there just not "real christians"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18 Sep 24, 2013
God has been absent from history for a long time but she does exist. God is coming to live and rule on earth. There have been a lot of Gods prior to her coming but she is the last. After the God of Israel comes, all other gods will disappear and be forgotten. Zechariah 14:9 "And the Lord shall be king over all the earth; in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". When the world witnesses the resurrection, that will be the absolute, final proof.

“I'm out hunting”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#19 Sep 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
God has been absent from history for a long time but she does exist. God is coming to live and rule on earth. There have been a lot of Gods prior to her coming but she is the last. After the God of Israel comes, all other gods will disappear and be forgotten. Zechariah 14:9 "And the Lord shall be king over all the earth; in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". When the world witnesses the resurrection, that will be the absolute, final proof.
All bullshyt!

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#20 Sep 25, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
All bullshyt!
Oh, not quite. The first part of the first sentence up to and including the word "time" are quite well supported by the evidence...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 38 min NoahLovesU 6,195
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Paul Porter1 168,713
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Chimney1 19,760
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Paul Porter1 141,815
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 6 hr Paul Porter1 197
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 6 hr Paul Porter1 561
three preventive measures for PID 15 hr qiu 1
More from around the web