this forum and evolutionary mechanisms

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

whiteboy

Moulton, UK

#1 Nov 15, 2012
Gene flow
Genetic draft,
Genetifc drift
Genetic hitchhiking
Horizontal gene transfer
Co-operation
Endosymbiosis
Symbiogenesis
Symbiosis
Paleopolyploidy (genome dupiclations)
Gene duplication
Group selection
Kin selection
Social selection
Somatic selection
Autoevolution
Molecular drive
Mutation
Niche construction
Saltationism
Self-organization
Epigenetics
Semiotics
Hybridization
Isolating mechanisms (Prezygotic and Postzygotic)
Natural genetic engineering
Orthogenesis
Nomogenesis
Hopeful Monsters
Directed Mutagenesis (directed mutation)
Adaptive mutation
Morphogenetic fields
Transposable element (jumping genes)
Hox genes
Controlling elements (Mcclintock)
Phenotypic plasticity
Genetic assimilation
Quantum Evolution
Process structuralism
Neo-Lamarckism
Panbiogeography

yet darwinist trolls on this forum only bang on about natural selection. please get a hint, evolution is much more than just "Darwinism". evolution thus is not "Darwinian". Yes evolution is a fact but please study the other mechanisms and stop the Darwin bum licking, it gives ammo to the creationists.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#2 Nov 15, 2012
whiteboy wrote:
Gene flow
Genetic draft,
Genetifc drift
Genetic hitchhiking
Horizontal gene transfer
Co-operation
Endosymbiosis
Symbiogenesis
Symbiosis
Paleopolyploidy (genome dupiclations)
Gene duplication
Group selection
Kin selection
Social selection
Somatic selection
Autoevolution
Molecular drive
Mutation
Niche construction
Saltationism
Self-organization
Epigenetics
Semiotics
Hybridization
Isolating mechanisms (Prezygotic and Postzygotic)
Natural genetic engineering
Orthogenesis
Nomogenesis
Hopeful Monsters
Directed Mutagenesis (directed mutation)
Adaptive mutation
Morphogenetic fields
Transposable element (jumping genes)
Hox genes
Controlling elements (Mcclintock)
Phenotypic plasticity
Genetic assimilation
Quantum Evolution
Process structuralism
Neo-Lamarckism
Panbiogeography
yet darwinist trolls on this forum only bang on about natural selection. please get a hint, evolution is much more than just "Darwinism". evolution thus is not "Darwinian". Yes evolution is a fact but please study the other mechanisms and stop the Darwin bum licking, it gives ammo to the creationists.
If you'd have spent any time here, you would know that you'd be hard pressed to find if any of the items on your list hadn't been discussed in the past.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4 Nov 15, 2012
whiteboy wrote:
yet darwinist trolls on this forum only bang on about natural selection. please get a hint, evolution is much more than just "Darwinism". evolution thus is not "Darwinian". Yes evolution is a fact but please study the other mechanisms and stop the Darwin bum licking, it gives ammo to the creationists.
Ah shaddap, Shadow.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5 Nov 15, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd have spent any time here, you would know that you'd be hard pressed to find if any of the items on your list hadn't been discussed in the past.
Indeed. And Shades HAS been here numerous times before, and got spanked just like any other fundie. Many of the mechanisms on his list are valid while others are complete woo. None of this matters to him though as he often spouts off all kinds of BS in his lame attempt to debunk "Darwinism" even though most of it is contradictory.

Anti-evolutionists tend to fall into one of three categories: 97% fundies, 2% nihilists, and 1% cranks. Shades appears to be the latter.
Shadow

Moulton, UK

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Utter nonsense the dude. All of those mechanisms on the list have proven to exist (read some journals). Yet Darwinist loons such as yourself continue to spam this forum with natural selection and nothing else. You clearly are anti-evolution becuase you seem to reject any progress in evolutionary biology in the last 60 years.

I am not anti-evolution and I have stated this many times, I am anti-Darwinian, not anti-evolution. Indeed non-Darwinian scientists such as Mae-Wan Ho and Rupert Sheldrake and James A. Shapiro have even invited me to their lectures.

Evolution and Darwinism are not the same thing but no matter how many times you are told this you will still peddle the same old straw man argument.

Rationalwiki the leading anti-creationist website has an article on non-Darwinian evolution:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Non-Darwinian_ev...

You have been given the evidence for non-Darwinian evolution many times but you choose to ignore it. At the end of the day you really are no different than a creationist becuase you are denying much of the evidence for evolution and setting up a straw man argument by associating Darwinism with evolution which feeds directly into the creationist hands.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Shadow wrote:
Utter nonsense the dude. All of those mechanisms on the list have proven to exist (read some journals).

I have. Which is WHY I know that some of those aren't even mechanisms but rather RESULTS of those mechanisms, and that one or two things on the list are complete and utter total bollox.(shrug)
Shadow wrote:
Yet Darwinist loons such as yourself continue to spam this forum with natural selection and nothing else. You clearly are anti-evolution becuase you seem to reject any progress in evolutionary biology in the last 60 years. I am not anti-evolution and I have stated this many times, I am anti-Darwinian, not anti-evolution. Indeed non-Darwinian scientists such as Mae-Wan Ho and Rupert Sheldrake and James A. Shapiro have even invited me to their lectures.
But of course they have. I believe you, you see. I guess that must be why you need to continuously create sockpuppets and spam us with any old new-age crapp, even if it utterly contradicts BS you've spammed us with before.

You're a 20 (ish) year old kid with zero knowledge of science who got verbally spanked when you first showed up. And now you got a chip on your shoulder because of it.

Don't worry, the exact same thing has happened to many a fundie.
Shadow wrote:
Evolution and Darwinism are not the same thing but no matter how many times you are told this you will still peddle the same old straw man argument.
Oh, the irony.
Shadow wrote:
Rationalwiki the leading anti-creationist website has an article on non-Darwinian evolution:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Non-Darwinian_ev...
You have been given the evidence for non-Darwinian evolution many times but you choose to ignore it. At the end of the day you really are no different than a creationist becuase you are denying much of the evidence for evolution and setting up a straw man argument by associating Darwinism with evolution which feeds directly into the creationist hands.
Highly unlikely. After all we are the ones here who debunk the fundies - without fail - every time they show up. You don't. Because you're not capable of arguing your position. But then that's probably because you don't HAVE a position, due to the consistently contradictory and inconsistent nature of many of your spams. In fact if I recall some of your early spam BS included creationist apologetics, because like them, you'll look for any old thing you can find (taking out of context if necessary)- in the end you only come across looking just like them, arguing against the mean old "Darwinist" conspiracy.

The modern evolutionary synthesis includes ALL *valid* mechanisms, whether anyone considers them to be "Darwinian" or not. Darwin (at the time) set biology towards the right path, but that doesn't mean he knew everything or got everything right. However this doesn't help your rants in any way. Because in the end you're nothing more than an internet crank.(shrug)

So, I hear you say, if that is you then what am I? I'm the Dude. I'm the guy who ultimately ends up p ssing off the cranks and fundies around here until they won't even talk to me any more. It can be rather annoying for fundies and cranks when reality doesn't agree with them. I merely point that out. Boo hoo. The Dude abides. Peace, man.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Shadow wrote:
...Rupert Sheldrake...
Morphic resonance. You betcha.
Shadow wrote:
...at the end of the day you really are no different than a creationist becuase you are denying much of the evidence for evolution and setting up a straw man argument by associating Darwinism with evolution which feeds directly into the creationist hands.
What a load of crap.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Shadow wrote:
Utter nonsense the dude. All of those mechanisms on the list have proven to exist (read some journals). Yet Darwinist loons such as yourself continue to spam this forum with natural selection and nothing else. You clearly are anti-evolution becuase you seem to reject any progress in evolutionary biology in the last 60 years.
I am not anti-evolution and I have stated this many times, I am anti-Darwinian, not anti-evolution. Indeed non-Darwinian scientists such as Mae-Wan Ho and Rupert Sheldrake and James A. Shapiro have even invited me to their lectures.
Evolution and Darwinism are not the same thing but no matter how many times you are told this you will still peddle the same old straw man argument.
Rationalwiki the leading anti-creationist website has an article on non-Darwinian evolution:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Non-Darwinian_ev...
You have been given the evidence for non-Darwinian evolution many times but you choose to ignore it. At the end of the day you really are no different than a creationist becuase you are denying much of the evidence for evolution and setting up a straw man argument by associating Darwinism with evolution which feeds directly into the creationist hands.
http://youtu.be/crnD2vsQq48
Shadow

Moulton, UK

#10 Nov 19, 2012
"But then that's probably because you don't HAVE a position"

Evolution is evolution, it has nothing to do with having a "position". You fail to understand that evolution is made up of many many processes and mechanisms. Evolution is pluralistic. Just becuase a certain mechanism may exist does not mean it contradicts or disproves the other processes.

"The modern evolutionary synthesis includes ALL *valid* mechanisms"

The neo-Darwinian synthesis is outdated, we now have a new synthesis and we also have something called the extended evolutionary synthesis look it up.

Things like phenotypic plasticity, genetic assimilation and saltational evolution were denied by the neo-Darwinian theorists in the 1940's but we now know they do exist. This is why evolution has progressed beyond neo-Darwinism. Indeed Prof Eugene Koonin has recently written three peer-reviewed papers on this and Todd Oakley published a paper titled "the new synthesis" explaining the shift.

The fact that you have logged into this website everyday for the last year since I last left this forum shows that you have no life whatsoever, you are clearly all unmarried lonely men. You only come on this forum to attack other people or annoy the "fundies" as you have even admitted. You clearly have no interest in learning about evolution.

You are not in University like myself learning about evolution, and none of your opinions are ever backed up with scientific publications. At the end of the day you are not in reality and this forum is a vent for your insecurities and anger problems. You will remain on this forum probably for years everyday posting. You are unproductive and the exact problem of people in the UK at the moment.

You clearly are 50 to 60 years old and have done nothing with your life so decide to take out anger on people much younger than yourself. You have no science education or degree so I really am wasting time giving you knowledge about evolution.

Continue to believe in your outdated view of evolution and attack people on this forum you clearly have no interest in learning about science or the real world. I noticed you even log on this forum at Christmas time, infact you have been on this forum for years, everyday. I am not posting on here again, I have much work to do. Perhaps you should go out once and a while, you are far too full of yourself thinking you are some kind of God on this forum with power. The internet has become a vent for old people such as yourself to let out their personal problems. It is not healthy what you old guys do on here abusing people.

If you want to learn about science then spending your life on here trolling with creationists is not going to help.

"I'm the guy who ultimately ends up p ssing off the cranks and fundies around here until they won't even talk to me any more"

Yes you have expressed already your life is this forum and arguing with creationists. Good luck with your unproductive life. Of course you could change your ways and accept you have done wrong, but it seems you enjoy getting "power" on this forum by putting other people down, so you are obviously not a nice guy.

Well the real world still exists out there you know if you want to step out and see it. cheers.

Ps dont bother replying back, I will be too busy getting good grades at University becuase of my decent work and open mind about science. Your personal insults will not be read.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#11 Nov 19, 2012
Sheesh. One lie after another.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#12 Nov 19, 2012
Shadow wrote:
"But then that's probably because you don't HAVE a position"
Evolution is evolution, it has nothing to do with having a "position". You fail to understand that evolution is made up of many many processes and mechanisms. Evolution is pluralistic. Just becuase a certain mechanism may exist does not mean it contradicts or disproves the other processes.
"The modern evolutionary synthesis includes ALL *valid* mechanisms"
The neo-Darwinian synthesis is outdated, we now have a new synthesis and we also have something called the extended evolutionary synthesis look it up.
Things like phenotypic plasticity, genetic assimilation and saltational evolution were denied by the neo-Darwinian theorists in the 1940's but we now know they do exist. This is why evolution has progressed beyond neo-Darwinism. Indeed Prof Eugene Koonin has recently written three peer-reviewed papers on this and Todd Oakley published a paper titled "the new synthesis" explaining the shift.
The fact that you have logged into this website everyday for the last year since I last left this forum shows that you have no life whatsoever, you are clearly all unmarried lonely men. You only come on this forum to attack other people or annoy the "fundies" as you have even admitted. You clearly have no interest in learning about evolution.
You are not in University like myself learning about evolution, and none of your opinions are ever backed up with scientific publications. At the end of the day you are not in reality and this forum is a vent for your insecurities and anger problems. You will remain on this forum probably for years everyday posting. You are unproductive and the exact problem of people in the UK at the moment.
You clearly are 50 to 60 years old and have done nothing with your life so decide to take out anger on people much younger than yourself. You have no science education or degree so I really am wasting time giving you knowledge about evolution.
Continue to believe in your outdated view of evolution and attack people on this forum you clearly have no interest in learning about science or the real world. I noticed you even log on this forum at Christmas time, infact you have been on this forum for years, everyday. I am not posting on here again, I have much work to do. Perhaps you should go out once and a while, you are far too full of yourself thinking you are some kind of God on this forum with power. The internet has become a vent for old people such as yourself to let out their personal problems. It is not healthy what you old guys do on here abusing people.
If you want to learn about science then spending your life on here trolling with creationists is not going to help.
"I'm the guy who ultimately ends up p ssing off the cranks and fundies around here until they won't even talk to me any more"
Yes you have expressed already your life is this forum and arguing with creationists. Good luck with your unproductive life. Of course you could change your ways and accept you have done wrong, but it seems you enjoy getting "power" on this forum by putting other people down, so you are obviously not a nice guy.
Well the real world still exists out there you know if you want to step out and see it. cheers.
Ps dont bother replying back, I will be too busy getting good grades at University becuase of my decent work and open mind about science. Your personal insults will not be read.
If you refuse to present evidence to support your claims, you will not be taken seriously.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#13 Nov 21, 2012
Shadow wrote:
Evolution is evolution, it has nothing to do with having a "position". You fail to understand that evolution is made up of many many processes and mechanisms. Evolution is pluralistic. Just becuase a certain mechanism may exist does not mean it contradicts or disproves the other processes.
You're quite right. Except that often the new-age/fundie BS you spam IS contradictory.
Shadow wrote:
The neo-Darwinian synthesis is outdated, we now have a new synthesis and we also have something called the extended evolutionary synthesis look it up.
Things like phenotypic plasticity, genetic assimilation and saltational evolution were denied by the neo-Darwinian theorists in the 1940's but we now know they do exist. This is why evolution has progressed beyond neo-Darwinism. Indeed Prof Eugene Koonin has recently written three peer-reviewed papers on this and Todd Oakley published a paper titled "the new synthesis" explaining the shift.
We're quite aware that the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis does in fact include many of the other mechanisms on your list. We've never denied this and in fact support the MET and have done from the beginning. We don't support pseudo-science however.
Shadow wrote:
The fact that you have logged into this website everyday for the last year since I last left this forum shows that you have no life whatsoever, you are clearly all unmarried lonely men.
We bow to your uncanny psychic powers.
Shadow wrote:
You only come on this forum to attack other people or annoy the "fundies" as you have even admitted. You clearly have no interest in learning about evolution.You are not in University like myself learning about evolution, and none of your opinions are ever backed up with scientific publications. At the end of the day you are not in reality and this forum is a vent for your insecurities and anger problems.
Considering your posting history that's quite ironic.
Shadow wrote:
You will remain on this forum probably for years everyday posting.
Well gotta do something to keep us occupied at lunchtimes. The pub's too far.
Shadow wrote:
You are unproductive and the exact problem of people in the UK at the moment.
Perrenian Senapathy.'Nuff said.
Shadow wrote:
You clearly are 50 to 60 years old and have done nothing with your life
Again, no need for tuning your psychic powers eh?
Shadow wrote:
so decide to take out anger on people much younger than yourself. You have no science education or degree so I really am wasting time giving you knowledge about evolution.
Never claimed to have a degree, but you have no knowledge of evolution period. Hence why your list is shall we say, unfiltered.
Shadow wrote:
Continue to believe in your outdated view of evolution and attack people on this forum you clearly have no interest in learning about science or the real world. I noticed you even log on this forum at Christmas time, infact you have been on this forum for years, everyday.
Good to see you've been keeping a close eye on us old fogies here that have no lives.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#14 Nov 21, 2012
Shadow wrote:
I am not posting on here again, I have much work to do.
Yeah, you've said that a few times. One of your sockpuppets always come back sooner or later. You just can't resist.
Shadow wrote:
Perhaps you should go out once and a while, you are far too full of yourself thinking you are some kind of God on this forum with power. The internet has become a vent for old people such as yourself to let out their personal problems.
Rarely do we discuss our personal lives except when it's talking about hobbies or whatever. We have no more power on this forum than you do. Except of course a little basic science knowledge.
Shadow wrote:
It is not healthy what you old guys do on here abusing people.
So you're a biologist, psychic and now a psychiatrist? Don't worry, Dogen is our resident counsellor on these forums and will help us out with our serious mental problems if necessary. Unless we haven't already driven him nuts that is.
Shadow wrote:
If you want to learn about science then spending your life on here trolling with creationists is not going to help.
Creationists and cranks (like you) troll, we merely correct them. Putting out correct information is helpful. But if you like instead I'll send everyone your way, since you're about to start a biological revolution with your gifted insight.

Apparently.
Shadow wrote:
Yes you have expressed already your life is this forum and arguing with creationists. Good luck with your unproductive life. Of course you could change your ways and accept you have done wrong, but it seems you enjoy getting "power" on this forum by putting other people down, so you are obviously not a nice guy.
I guess I'm not.(shrug) I tend to have little patience with liars, so if they keep trollin' then they will eventually get it with both barrels. You crossed that line ages ago. It's a burden but I live with it.
Shadow wrote:
Well the real world still exists out there you know if you want to step out and see it. cheers.
Ps dont bother replying back, I will be too busy getting good grades at University becuase of my decent work and open mind about science. Your personal insults will not be read.
Of course they will, Mr Wicker! You always come back. It's the law for cranks and fundies who have their ego's bruised here. I still even expect Josh to make a major comeback one day. He's had a few years now to lick his wounds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 7 min SoE 178,503
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Chimney1 18,450
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 38 min Chimney1 159,631
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 1 hr Chimney1 1,056
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 20 hr Dogen 141,211
Humans DID evolve from apes! (Oct '14) Fri Chimney1 68
Poll How Do You View The New Millerite Adventist Inv... Apr 13 Zog Has-fallen 1
More from around the web