It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#130882 May 12, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't need to shit for brains. If the surface was undisturbed by water before the alleged time of the flood and it is undisturbed after that time, then no flood. If there was a presence and erosional action of water it would show up. You can't accept reality and you haven't got anything to refute the data.
Suck on that.
Maybe there was no erosional action. Try raising water at the Biblical 40 day rate in a "gravelly" mix until overwhelmingly covered. Then cause the water to recede at the roughly one year rate, and let me know how disturbed the gravel gets.

Remember, just the possibility is sufficient ... for me that is, not apparently for you.
KAB

United States

#130883 May 12, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, you failed the technical savvy test again. Remember if at first you don't succeed, you must be KAB.
Does this mean that cosmic ray exposure measurements CAN detect a one year exposure hiatus?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#130884 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sufficient that it's possible the fountains contributed more water than the rain...
INSUFFICIENT! Possible doesn't count for squat. Where the friggin data???
KAB wrote:
...and that the mountains weren't nearly as high pre-flood.
DATA??? Data from geologists indicate this is mental masturbation.
KAB wrote:
I'm rather certain you will take immediate exception to the latter, but please do so with data.
Not a chance. You blow bullshit and then want everyone else to provide data. The balls in YOUR court, Weasel.
KAB wrote:
BTW, the Bible account is clear that it took 40 days for the waters to rise. That's rather gradual in gully-washer terms.
Where's your DATA???
KAB wrote:
Again, my position is satisfied with what is possible.
Because you're content to believe in fairy tales.
KAB wrote:
Yours apparently is that your way is the only way.
You mean those with data and not wet dreams like yourself? I suppose you right on this one point.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#130885 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise, where can we find the evidence that it wasn't so? I'll match you evidence-for-evidence.
LOL. Sure you can, dweeb.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130886 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The combinatin of the Bible flood record, and the Pingualuit and Berringer craters data are a good start.
Only behind the firewalls and filters of your mind.
KAB

United States

#130887 May 12, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Squint your eyes. Strain a little bit. Rattle that thought around a minute or two. Try to imagine if you had a brain and invested money, would you need to look at the market every day or could you just do it quarterly.
If a train leaves point A and travels west at 87 mph non stop and arrives at point D at midnight of the 25th on the only track between the two points. Do you need to have seen the train pass point B and C to be able to infer that it did?
I hate to have to talk to somebody like they are an ignorant child, but it looks like we are left with no choice concerning you KAB.
If you invest, there is no NEED to look at the market at all!
We don't know that there is only one track between A and D. That's the whole point!
Dealing with the openly ignorant, technically so in particular, is indeed a challenge.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#130888 May 12, 2014
what are the steps and causes of mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, amphibians, and invertebrates? all classes did have to come from one ancestor.

simply saying evolution caused the changes overtime along with survival needs is no different than saying god is real because the bible says so.

so scientifically explain how all the classes immerged, what caused them to immerge..
KAB

United States

#130889 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all.
What YOU desperately need here is a methodological demand on paleontology so severe that you will be sure that the fossil record will not disturb your bronze age mythology fantasies.
In REALITY in paleontology it goes like this (example: ancestry of amphibians):
1) we have layers down below in the geological column that do not contain fossils of amphibians
2) as we know that deeper geological layers MUST be older by very logic, we may conclude that in earlier geological eras there were all kinds of species, but no amphibians (and no reptiles, birds, mammals or other more recent species for that matter)
3) so there was a time without amphibians and at some point in history (the geological record) they appeared (in the Devonian)
4) now how could that be? Evolution: they descended from another species. What species would that be? Well one of the species we know were living at that moment in the Devonian. Here are some candidates: fish, plants, molluscs, trilobites, a lot of micro life (plankton, microbial etc.), brachiopods, placoderms, etc.
5) well, as primitive amphibians show most resemblance in morphology and anatomy and body structure with fish, those would be the most likely candidate. The bony fish to be precise. The lung fish to be even more precise. Panderichthys, for instance, which was suited to and lived in muddy shallows. Because other fish lack the bony structure in their fins to be sturdy enough to crawl and later walk. and the ability to breathe with lungs is also very convenient when walking the land
6) so the evolutionary prediction would be: we should find a species which resemble lung fish in having bony skeleton and lungs but exhibit clearly some decisive tetrapod ("four-limbed" in Greek) features (=land dwelling features)
7) this prediction has been fulfilled: Tiktaalik
Tiktaalik.
Fish-like traits:
- gills (on top of the lungs)
- scales
- fins
"Fishapod" traits:
- half-fish, half-tetrapod limb bones and joints, including a functional wrist joint but radiating, fish-like fins instead of toes
- half-fish, half-tetrapod ear region
- dorsal eyes (not left/right but on top of its skull)
Tetrapod traits:
- rib bones
- tetrapod mobile neck with separate pectoral girdle
- tetrapod lungs
8) now how more intermediate THAT could be
9) Tiktaalik ALONE suffices to make an almost decisive case. Because of the circumstantial evidence, posed in items 1-5. It is the total picture that counts.
THAT is why I won't allow you to cherry pick. You have to address the whole integral, concise picture.
10) but some more fossils would be closing the case decisively and thus be welcome. And we did: the NUMEROUS species of early tetrapods like (to name A FEW):
- Acanthostega, which had feet with eight digits,
- Ichthyostega with limbs.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrapod#Fossils... .
11) but evidence in extant species also provides more circumstantial evidence. For instance modern mudskippers are fish that also walk the land. Surely if nature can produce mudskippers today, it would be capable of producing them in earlier times.
Gee, amphibians, I shall add this to my list.
Why didn't you provide any confirmation that at no point along the way was intelligence involved in bringing about the progression?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#130890 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe there was no erosional action. Try raising water at the Biblical 40 day rate in a "gravelly" mix until overwhelmingly covered. Then cause the water to recede at the roughly one year rate, and let me know how disturbed the gravel gets.
Remember, just the possibility is sufficient ... for me that is, not apparently for you.
So now your explanation is the entire world was covered in gravel?

You are hilarious!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#130891 May 12, 2014
wondering wrote:
what are the steps and causes of mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, amphibians, and invertebrates? all classes did have to come from one ancestor.
simply saying evolution caused the changes overtime along with survival needs is no different than saying god is real because the bible says so.
so scientifically explain how all the classes immerged, what caused them to immerge..
GEEZ!

Start here: www.google.com

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#130892 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sufficient that it's possible the fountains contributed more water than the rain and that the mountains weren't nearly as high pre-flood. I'm rather certain you will take immediate exception to the latter, but please do so with data. BTW, the Bible account is clear that it took 40 days for the waters to rise. That's rather gradual in gully-washer terms.
Again, my position is satisfied with what is possible. Yours apparently is that your way is the only way.
You haven't provided data that supports either of your statements. See, I provided data.

Your certainty is based on your own deeply hidden realization that you are just beating off.

My position is based on data while as you have just stated, yours is based on belief. You could just say that, but you want to leave room to run away don't you princess. I understand.
KAB

United States

#130893 May 12, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't change the subject, pencil dick, You argued against erosion then and now you argue in favor of it. In short, you haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about.
But the, we all know that.
It's becoming increasingly clear that often you haven't the faintest idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure it's the technical savvy factor.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130894 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In support of your assertion, I couldn't help but note you fired out NO data points.
It must be because you are good at finding what you are personally familiar with. It is enough for me to know that is supported by the evidence.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130895 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In support of your assertion, I couldn't help but note you fired out NO data points.
I see that in running from my conclusion, I couldn't help but note that you fired out NO data points.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130896 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In squeezing out this assertion, I note that you didn't wipe with any evidence.

You are right though, you cling to a possibility, no matter how tiny and insignificant while the rest of us go with the facts. Again, your confessions are very much appreciated. I will add this to the list.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130897 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean that cosmic ray exposure measurements CAN detect a one year exposure hiatus?
It doesn't have to in the sense you are trying to squeeze out. If there is no change prior to an alleged event and none after, you can conclude no event. Add to that all the other evidence that has piled up and you can conclude with great certainty no event. All the possibilities in the world won't change that without data, that I note for the nth time that you FAIL to provide.

It is possible that I could become president, but it isn't likely to happen. It is possible that could run coast to coast, but it isn't likely. Neither possibility is going to draw much attention from those of us in reality.

But do keep clinging to the strands of what could be. It really shows the strength of you commitment.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130898 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you invest, there is no NEED to look at the market at all!
We don't know that there is only one track between A and D. That's the whole point!
Dealing with the openly ignorant, technically so in particular, is indeed a challenge.
You would be a fool. Sorry, I know you are one now, but I am predicting based on the facts.

I defined one track, therefore there is only one track.

Yes, I know, but there is no need for further confession, I will still try to help you as much as I can. You are a sad case to be sure, but I am an optimist.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#130899 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's becoming increasingly clear that often you haven't the faintest idea what I'm talking about.
I'll have to agree. Gibberish is notoriously difficult to decode.
KAB wrote:
I'm sure it's the technical savvy factor.
No doubt. We have it. You don't.

Level 9

cops upset?

#130900 May 12, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you provide any confirmation that at no point along the way was intelligence involved in bringing about the progression?
He is just asking you to answer some questions that you have constantly proclaimed the technical savvy to understand and address, while showing no understand and never addressing. TB's requests aren't new to you, just greater in number. Your avoidance is new either.

Are you just going with the possibility you could answer these as your answer?
KAB

United States

#130901 May 12, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It was YOUR f**king number, idiot. Where did you get it??? Answer the damn question.
I chose my number for illustrative purposes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 13 min One way or another 176,794
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Denisova 149,287
Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... 37 min Iconoclast 1 584
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 58 min Brian_G 16,615
Human Activity Has Accelerated Climate Change 8 hr Zog Has-fallen 1
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? 9 hr Zog Has-fallen 10
Science Under Siege 10 hr DanFromSmithville 7
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 13 hr Dogen 1,343
More from around the web