It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164673 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129784 Apr 25, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The stone markers are on land and are inscribed with ancient text. If you google "chariot wheels red sea" you will find several sources. I'm not saying that it's proof. I think it's compelling evidence... and to date no one has exposed this as a hoax. The governments of Egypt and Saudi Arabia have refused to allow removal of these artifacts from the sea floor.
I don't see a lot of "reasonable alternatives". To my knowledge, this is the only place on earth that ancient chariot wheels have been found on the ocean floor. Why would they just happen to be found in the spot where Moses is historically believed to have parted the Red Sea?
Those who state that "no evidence" of Biblical truth exists are closing their eyes and hand-waving everything away. They are not open minded.
If you web search "chariot wheels red sea" all you get is endless repetition of one extremely dubious claim. Wyatt and his video are the only "evidence" that has been "brought to the surface." It hasn't been officially debunked because there simply isn't any hard evidence to examine.
The current favored hypothesis for the crossing of the Red (reed) Sea by biblical scholars is that it was to the north through the marshes.
KAB

United States

#129785 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That you can't provide. Pfft.
I have provided it already, and will do it again upon request from any who I'm not sure have already seen it, or to prove someone incorrect if that's what they want.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#129786 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be forgetting the global scale flood gauge (Pingualuit) data and now the Barrigner Crater sediment and post-Pleistocene gully formation data.
http://www.christianmchoi.com/uploads/1/5/0/1...
KAB

United States

#129787 Apr 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been said countless times before, it is your responsibility to provide extraordinary evidence for your extraordinary claims. Even ordinary evidence might do - but aside irrelevancies and ignore-ance you've come up with zilch. A lot of zilch.
The request was to confirm one of your side's claims. Do you want me to do that too?! If I knew how to do that I'd be on your side!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#129788 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided it already, and will do it again upon request from any who I'm not sure have already seen it, or to prove someone incorrect if that's what they want.
No you haven't Weasel. All you've done is referenced a handful up unrelated occurrences often separated by tens of thousands of years. You have no compelling evidence and you never will.

Where was the SCIEN-F'in-TIFIC reference for a human bottleneck 4500 ya again?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129789 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The request was to confirm one of your side's claims. Do you want me to do that too?! If I knew how to do that I'd be on your side!
The request was for YOU to confirm your OWN claims, Weasel. Something you've never done.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#129790 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a given that if you knew how to honestly provide, consider or even what constitutes evidence you'd already be on "my" side.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#129791 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I find it strange that removal of the artifacts has been barred while so many other excavations are carried out in the region all the time. It is possible I suppose, but strange.
The Egyptian government doesn't stop people from diving and taking pictures in the Red Sea, but they do frown on removing artifacts. That said, to my knowledge no one has ever "rediscovered" Wyatt's trove of "artifacts" to loot it, anyway.
KAB

United States

#129792 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No you haven't Weasel. All you've done is referenced a handful up unrelated occurrences often separated by tens of thousands of years. You have no compelling evidence and you never will.
Where was the SCIEN-F'in-TIFIC reference for a human bottleneck 4500 ya again?
Do you not agree the raw mutation rate has been shown to be sufficient to support a 4500 ybp bottleneck? Beyond that it's just a matter of which mutations sustained. Regarding the uncertainties there, don't forget the rabbits. BTW, I don't think any weasel data has been provided. That could prove quite interesting. Don't you think? Whereas you manifest the highest weasel interest level, perhaps you could provide some weasel bottleneck data.
KAB

United States

#129793 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The request was for YOU to confirm your OWN claims, Weasel. Something you've never done.
Here's the request,

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...

confirming you incorrect YET AGAIN!
I love interacting with you guys. Nothing has been so faith strengthening as the past 3 years here.
KAB

United States

#129794 Apr 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Egyptian government doesn't stop people from diving and taking pictures in the Red Sea, but they do frown on removing artifacts. That said, to my knowledge no one has ever "rediscovered" Wyatt's trove of "artifacts" to loot it, anyway.
Why wouldn't the Egyptian government authorize further exploration? Think what a money maker that could eventually be for them.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129795 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the request,
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
confirming you incorrect YET AGAIN!
Hardly. You're still zero vs hundreds.

You are so F'd up, it's a wonder you survive.

Here's what you said:
KAB wrote:
You apparently don't think an abundance of land-based life could have arisen in 4500 years. If you could confirm that, it could change a lot of minds.
To which I replied:
KAB wrote:
YOU have to confirm that it could, you nutcase,
Now for the ***massively*** stupid (and I mean massive):
YOU HAVE TO CONFIRM AN ABUNDANCE OF LAND-BASED LIFE COULD HAVE ARISEN IN 4500 YEARS.

The rest of us know it's bullshit.
KAB wrote:
I love interacting with you guys. Nothing has been so faith strengthening as the past 3 years here.
It's strengthen mine as well. My faith that JWs are a lying, arrogant bunch of lunatics. Next time one come to my door, I'll spit on them.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129796 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not agree the raw mutation rate has been shown to be sufficient to support a 4500 ybp bottleneck? Beyond that it's just a matter of which mutations sustained. Regarding the uncertainties there, don't forget the rabbits. BTW, I don't think any weasel data has been provided. That could prove quite interesting. Don't you think? Whereas you manifest the highest weasel interest level, perhaps you could provide some weasel bottleneck data.
Screw the rabbits. Were is the documented evidence of a human bottleneck 4500 ya???
KAB

United States

#129804 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw the rabbits. Were is the documented evidence of a human bottleneck 4500 ya???
The documented evidence of a human bottleneck 4500 ya is in the raw mutation rate measurements and the surprising short-time rabbit diversity following their bottleneck. Have you noticed how Dogen is sharing NONE of the rabbit article full text he claims to have and asserts is unfavorable to my postion? Why is that? Do you think?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#129805 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The documented evidence of a human bottleneck 4500 ya is in the raw mutation rate measurements and the surprising short-time rabbit diversity following their bottleneck. Have you noticed how Dogen is sharing NONE of the rabbit article full text he claims to have and asserts is unfavorable to my postion? Why is that? Do you think?
That is not documented evidence you lying weasel. That is your claim and it is unsupported. You are just all over the place desperately reaching for anything you can twist and misrepresent to support your failed assertions.

If Dogen has it, he probably hasn't shown it because you wouldn't understand it. And then you would lie about it anyway.

There is no documented bottleneck in the human population from 4500 ybp. You know this is true, but you will continue to spread your lie unsupported by any evidence.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129806 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The documented evidence of a human bottleneck 4500 ya is in the raw mutation rate measurements and the surprising short-time rabbit diversity following their bottleneck.

Rabbits prove a human bottleneck? Can you get any sillier?

[QUOTE who="KAB"]Have you noticed how Dogen is sharing NONE of the rabbit article full text he claims to have and asserts is unfavorable to my postion? Why is that? Do you think?
Ask him.

Level 9

#129807 Apr 25, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not. You certainly haven't provided anything to show that rate exists in human populations.

No you provide weasel data everytime you post. It only shows that you are a lying sack of shit, but we know that.

Do you and the church elders have a don't ask, don't call the authorities policy?

Level 9

#129808 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that probably falls under the church elders "don't ask, don't call the authorities" policy.

As usual he has htiched his wagon to a single fact and stretched it as hard as he can to try and support his dubious and unsubstantiated claims.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129809 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that probably falls under the church elders "don't ask, don't call the authorities" policy.
As usual he has htiched his wagon to a single fact and stretched it as hard as he can to try and support his dubious and unsubstantiated claims.
You're kinder than I. I'm not sure anything he says rises to the level of dubious. More like the ravings of someone on a bad trip.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#129810 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No I do not. You certainly haven't provided anything to show that rate exists in human populations.
But the rabbits! Isn't that enough???

{snicker}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post your Bible Science Verses that show Evolut... 29 min Science 61
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 83,066
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Science 2,558
The worst enemies of Creationism are "religioni... 23 hr Science 19
Evolution is a racist doctrine Thu Science 51
Golden Section in our DNA again proves DESIGN Thu Science 15
Science News (Sep '13) Thu Ricky F 4,008
More from around the web