It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160955 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#128756 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
O'brien is the co-author of what I referenced. Do you suppose he forgot about the 3529-years-ago calculation? It was back in 1992. So was a 6000-years-ago calculation in the same reference BTW.

Previously refuted.
KAB

United States

#128757 Apr 7, 2014
MMLandJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the paper?
<quoted text>
Is there something wrong with you?
I did read the paper. It is O'brien's data. Why isn't it within his 10,000 - 12,000 summary statement? Do you think it made it easier for him to toot his horn about his amazing finding?
KAB

United States

#128758 Apr 7, 2014
MMLandJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call instances of local or regional flooding, global? If 20 different locations around the world are flooded this week, would you call this global flooding?
Why do you call instances of flood data local?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#128759 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke of the moment is your not providing data confirming there was no tiger, lion, leopard or cat bottleneck 4500 years ago.
Look, I have an empty box. There's no tiger, lion, leopard, cat, sloth, kangaroo or giraffe bottleneck that all correspond to 4500 years ago. Feel free to fill it with something other than Bible.

(sound of crickets chirping)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128760 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read the paper. It is O'brien's data. Why isn't it within his 10,000 - 12,000 summary statement? Do you think it made it easier for him to toot his horn about his amazing finding?

To understand the data is to understand his 10-12k years. It encompasses all of the data. It does not deal with the data in the manor of your intellectual violence. Your effort is to pull off what you want to believe and leave all that does not conform in the waste bin.

You are intellectually dishonest with yourself.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128761 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call instances of flood data local?

Because they are limited in extent.

Duh.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128762 Apr 7, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I have an empty box. There's no tiger, lion, leopard, cat, sloth, kangaroo or giraffe bottleneck that all correspond to 4500 years ago. Feel free to fill it with something other than Bible.

His continued fixation on (and misunderstanding of) the cheetah data is a disingenuous smokescreen.

He wants nothing less than having to deal with the facts of other species genomes.

That is why he runs away from this question every time.
KAB

United States

#128763 Apr 7, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
(Genesis, Chapter 6) 7 So the Lord said,“I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”
17 "I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish."
(Genesis, Chapter 7) 4 "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”
21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.
Seems pretty conclusive to me.
I agree. The only ones not mentioned are those not dependent on the land.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#128764 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The only ones not mentioned are those not dependent on the land.
ASSUMING as much (and I do NOT agree that a world-wide flood would totally spare aquatic animals), you STILL would have to provide evidence for a near extinction event (NEE) for E V E R Y other species on earth.

Your turn.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128765 Apr 7, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when backed into a corner, you always throw that line.
Chickenshit.
I throw that line whenever an opinion is rendered which is probably incorrect.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128766 Apr 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Always with the could bes and might bes. You live on the what ifs.
Why can't killer whales have been on the ark? What about humpbacks or blue whales? It is fiction so anything could be on that ark. There I just added all cetaceans to the ark and now there are three Noahs.
What if I didn't? Then you would be left seeing things only the way you wanted and thinking that was the only possibility.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128767 Apr 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Still whining like a bitch to get others to support your assertions. You disgust me.
That's good to know.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128768 Apr 7, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"A ten-story building did not collapse today in Kalamazoo, Michigan today. Nobody was injured. Film at eleven."
Better still, macroevolution not confirmed again today. Still life goes on. No need for film.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128769 Apr 7, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You misuse that data and IGNORE the common region of overlap.
You know but do not use. Is that really knowing?
I don't think you even know what data I'm using. Please identify it. HINT: It doesn't involve overlaps.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#128770 Apr 7, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Better still, macroevolution not confirmed again today. Still life goes on. No need for film.
Evolution ("macro", "micro", and everything in between) long since confirmed.

Still no evidence whatsoever for a world-wide flood, or a NEE of mankind, or of every land-based animal on the planet.

Quite moving the goal posts, KAB.

It's so transparent.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128771 Apr 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You cherry picked from the results of the analysis of mutation rates of different vertebrate VNTR loci that were used to model that rate in the Cheetah which hadn't been calculated at the time. The least time it would take the cheetah to develop a level of genetic diversity observed since the bottleneck based on this method provides a time that is roughly coincident with the assumed date of a global flood. You are only guessing at the spread around this time given or any of the other three times calculated, but only one of those place the bottleneck anywhere near 2500 ybp. You fail to show that the lower number is the date we should consider. This is like your Pingualuit crater desperation that you cling to despite more plausible alternatives. Always, in the cracks, like the whiny little bitch that you are. Pathetic.
Thanks for reading and referencing the pertinent part of the article. It's much more rewarding to consider data directly, don't you think?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128772 Apr 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You also ignore the results of that bottleneck on the cheetah population at present. This is what happens to a species suffering from a severe bottleneck event. According to your belief, all species should be suffering just as the cheetah. Funny that they aren't.
I have no doubt that you will continue to ignore these facts. What can you expect from a cult zombie.
Did you know that there is tremendous variety in life? I wouldn't be too quick to expect all species to be like the cheetah. I will reserve judgment for each until its pertinent data has been gathered and analyzed.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128773 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not seeking biased confirmation to support biblical mythology. How can you morally suggest anyone should? "Creation Scientist" claims re: clams in Mt. Everest, geologically recent sandstone layers in the Grand Canyon, c-14 dating 230 MYO fossils and rocks, Noah's Ark "found", etc. are only valid entries for a Hall of Shame and your own claims of "global rain gauge", "glaciers frozen to their bases" and "demonstrated reliable source" would make perfect exhibits right alongside them.
If the Noachian flood had occurred, there would be ample and overwhelming evidence to completely rewrite our understanding of the natural sciences - or rather, the natural sciences >could never have been< written as they are. It shouldn't take even a much vaunted 9th grade JW education to understand that.
You have a truly dizzying intellect.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128774 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you finally admit there was no Noachian flood? Why do I doubt that?
You're the slow kid who has swung at and missed 4 good pitches and still refuses to drop the bat and leave the plate.
"2+3 might = 8 with God Magic" is not "examined evidence."
Now I understand. It's time for you to be relegated to the level of consideration accorded Dogen and MF.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128775 Apr 7, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to see there's a cheetah in there. Who's data do you want to provide next?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Science 67,179
Curious dilemma about DNA 23 min Subduction Zone 367
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 26 min Subduction Zone 28,655
What location did life started in? 40 min Confucius 11
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 48 min Confucius 1,766
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Subduction Zone 221,262
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,531
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 10 hr replaytime 332
More from around the web