It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162433 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#128239 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Nebuchadnezzar is specifically identified as accomplishing what is recorded in verses 7-11 which only directly declares destruction for the mainland settlements of Tyre. BTW, I think you have acknowledged that he did destroy them.

Keep slithering snake. You just admitted the Bible is in error about the prophecy of Nebby.

You admit it is a verified unreliable source.

But we knew this.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128240 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
We got agreement on something. That's progress. Note that all it took was both of us directly considering the actual data, in this case the words on the page.
This leaves you well positioned to note that the prophecy also does NOT say ALL of the walls and ALL of the towers would be destroyed. Do you think some of the walls were destroyed?

Again your reading comprehension fails.

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. As you correctly state (for once), only PARTS of Tyre was destroyed. However, Ezekiel 26 does NOT say that only parts of Tyre would be destroyed.
"They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock"
It does NOT say only SOME of the walls and SOME of the towers. It is obvious that this so-called prophesy "predicts" the total destruction of Tyre. "Bare rock" doesn't leave any wiggle room. The prophesy fails.
If I destroyed South Philadelphia, could I claim to have destroyed Philadelphia? Of course not. But you will argue the opposite. Because you're nuts.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128241 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible's blood injunction is not based on what a human cannot live without. If you would read the verses for comprehensive content comprehension (that's code for don't leave things you don't like out of the consideration) You would know why blood eating is enjoined.

You have already been demonstrated as an unreliable source on this matter.

We are too smart for you cult musings.

Not that we are all that bright. Just smarter than you.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#128242 Mar 27, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement that one can lose most of his RBCs and survive cannot be generalized to all patients. Some with diminished capacities such as unstable heart patients can be thrown into cardiac arrest with a minor drop in hemoglobin.
Humans cannot live without blood...that is true. Humans cannot live without kidneys, brain, liver, heart, skin and other vital organs either. Is it therefore immoral to eat liver?
Is this before or after Jesus allegedly changed all the laws around?

Explain orthology Hooter.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#128243 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a quote to confirm, you will have to be considered incorrect, as such assertions from your side routinely prove to be.
Ah, in that case then no shape-changers were responsible for the voice of the talking lizard or donkey, in which case we're left with ventriloquists, or talking lizards and donkeys.

Of which there is ALSO a dearth of data...
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128244 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem so.
“This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you, then I will bring you down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of long ago. I will make you dwell in the earth below, as in ancient ruins, with those who go down to the pit, and you will not return or take your place in the land of the living. I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
How does the Word Weasel Official Dictionary define the words "desolate" and "inhabited"?
Desolate brings to mind a wasteland, and inhabited harks of someplace populated. Neither inherently brings forever to mind.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128245 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The mainland settlements were destroyed as prophesied.
Dead parrot sketch.
No observational data accepted.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128246 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm addressing any group which forms based on any shared conclusion(s).
I see...

Moonies
Church of Bible Understanding
Manson Family
Scientologists
Heaven's Gate
Jehovah Witnesses
Order of the Solar Temple
Branch Davidians

Perhaps you had other similar groups in mind?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128247 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been rebuilt. More than once.
Please cite the reference to "Queen of the Seas" in Ezekiel.
Queen of the Seas is an extra-Biblical designation for Tyre, obviously in deference to its prominence as a premier ancient seaport.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128248 Mar 27, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not overly bothered by this. You have a cult embargo on blood transfusion, so be it. A resident blood expert can tell you that transfusions save lives, and you can ignore it since you do not refuse them on the basis of their usefulness, but on supernatural hysterical mumbojumbo about blood being at the essence of your soul or something.
You think you can save the Tyre prophesy in the same manner that Clinton saved his ass over Lewinsky - with mealy mouthed legalism. As if.
And you still cannot answer my explanations about why the mtDNA analysis proves that there was no human bottleneck of n=3 females 4500 years ago. You just sneaked away from that one hoping nobody would notice.
I know cults, KAB, and you are just a cultist. Different beliefs, but the same old BS framework that applies from every cult from Scientology to the damned Nazis. You cannot even see your way out of it - they have blocked your rational critical faculty with self referential loops of pure garbage and you have accepted it - cos you think there is something in it for you.
I have nullified every n=3 females 4500 years ago point you have made, and will continue to do so. Thus, who is sneaking away?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128249 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Does it predict the destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar or not?
It does not predict the destruction of ALL of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar. It specifically designates destruction of mainland elements by him which is what occurred in fullfilment of the prophecy.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128250 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the statistics for JWs who suffer major blood loss by trauma or surgery, refuse transfusions and survive?
Here are some results of bloodless surgery on JWs,

"What have been the long-term results of ‘bloodless heart surgery’ on adults and children? Dr. Jerome H. Kay of California wrote:“We have now done approximately 6,000 open-heart operations at the Saint Vincent’s Hospital in Los Angeles. Since we have not been using blood for the majority of patients, it is our impression that the patients do better.” A Canadian study provided specific details, revealing that when nonblood fluids, such as dextran and Ringer’s solution, were used instead of blood “the number of deaths dropped from 11 per cent to 3.8.”101 This type of surgery has also successfully been done on Jehovah’s Witnesses and children in Norway, Australia, South Africa, France, England and Japan."
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128251 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. So there is no basis for your incessant whining about Tyre no longer being an island in modern times.
Whether the Bible refers to Tyre as an island or not does not change the fact that Tyre as it existed then has not been rebuilt.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#128252 Mar 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is WHY JWs need to deny blood. It has nothing to do with the OT and everything to do with their distorted NT dogma. You do understand that, do you not?
I understand that the origin of the Biblical blood prohibition has everything to do with the OT, starting with Genesis 9:3-6.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#128253 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nullified every n=3 females 4500 years ago point you have made, and will continue to do so. Thus, who is sneaking away?
That's a load of crap. You have ignored the data and offer not plausible alternative.

Level 9

#128254 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether the Bible refers to Tyre as an island or not does not change the fact that Tyre as it existed then has not been rebuilt.
The hilarious qualifications that you come up with.

Level 9

#128255 Mar 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that the origin of the Biblical blood prohibition has everything to do with the OT, starting with Genesis 9:3-6.
Taking anything the Bible says about blood and expanding it to transfusions is just interpretation and not the literal word of the Bible. Like eating fish on Friday.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128256 Mar 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see...
Moonies
Church of Bible Understanding
Manson Family
Scientologists
Heaven's Gate
Jehovah Witnesses
Order of the Solar Temple
Branch Davidians
Perhaps you had other similar groups in mind?

Mormons, Church of Christ, Church of Christ (scientists)......

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128257 Mar 28, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some results of bloodless surgery on JWs,
"What have been the long-term results of ‘bloodless heart surgery’ on adults and children? Dr. Jerome H. Kay of California wrote:“We have now done approximately 6,000 open-heart operations at the Saint Vincent’s Hospital in Los Angeles. Since we have not been using blood for the majority of patients, it is our impression that the patients do better.” A Canadian study provided specific details, revealing that when nonblood fluids, such as dextran and Ringer’s solution, were used instead of blood “the number of deaths dropped from 11 per cent to 3.8.”101 This type of surgery has also successfully been done on Jehovah’s Witnesses and children in Norway, Australia, South Africa, France, England and Japan."

There is no record I could find of Jerome H. Kay publishing any peer review research of this nature.

See Pubmed for lack of citation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#128258 Mar 28, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Incorrect. It has to do with the nature of the divinity of Jesus. The OT is just a red herring.

Never studied you cult objectively, have you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Ben Avraham 76,859
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 20 min yehoshooah adam 4,294
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 26 min Al Caplan 692
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min Dogen 221,771
News Intelligent Design Action Network Meeting 2 hr The FACTory 1
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 8 hr The FACTory 425
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 8 hr The FACTory 13,744
More from around the web