It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162492 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

MMLandJ

Charlotte, NC

#127090 Feb 20, 2014
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>THat is more interpretation. Anytime interpretation is involved, a bit of faith is also involved.<quoted text>I don't think so. Genesis doesn't say we have anything in commonality with the creatures created before Adam and Eve.
"Let the earth bring forth living creatures"
"God formed man from the dust of the ground"

Commonality established.
marksman11 wrote:
It's as if this place was designed for us because someone knew we were coming......If course the evolutionists says, it has to be that way, if it weren't we wouldn't be here!.....I know that, but we are here, and what are the statistical odds of that happening without an intelligent designer?....without the ability to explain the extreme complexity that is "US"!! If we are the product of natural causes, and this is the scientific conclusion, then someone is going to have to present an observation, test, and replication of the violation of the Law of Biogenesis, because currently it hasn't ever been observed violated in a lab nor nature.
"Let the earth bring forth living creatures"
"God formed man from the dust of the ground"

Violation established
MMLandJ

Charlotte, NC

#127091 Feb 20, 2014
mrksman11 wrote:
THe validity of human from non-human evolution is not determined by the number of man hours wanting it to be true. It is validated by the scientific method, and I can tell you in less than 5 seconds that human from non-human evolution has never been observed.
On your mark...get set...go!!!!!
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/09/fun-w...

Did you get to this in less than 5 sec.?

( Found this link while surveying the "Darwin Crowd" forum. Seems like you are being repetitive)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#127092 Feb 20, 2014
MMLandJ wrote:
<quoted text>
On your mark...get set...go!!!!!
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/09/fun-w...
Did you get to this in less than 5 sec.?
( Found this link while surveying the "Darwin Crowd" forum. Seems like you are being repetitive)
Repetitive doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. Same linky was also referenced here (quite some time ago)

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Markie's response - but how do you know God didn't do it? Therefore evilution is FAITH!

Years later we're still waiting for one fundie to deal with the evidence.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#127093 Feb 20, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you also now realize your post was nonsense.
Are you planning to demonstrate such any time this century?

“The love of Paleontology:”

Since: Jan 14

Discover, explore, imagine.

#127094 Feb 20, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start the analysis with the question which of the others claim to contain correctly and only God's thinking (2 Timothy 3:16)?
Jee that solves everything.

#127095 Feb 20, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start the analysis with the question which of the others claim to contain correctly and only God's thinking (2 Timothy 3:16)?
Nice Biblical quote but what does it mean?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127096 Feb 20, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It means:
KAB firmly believes in circular logic because KAB firlmy believes in circular logic becau.... The Bible is true because the councils of Constantine said the Bible is true because the councils of Constantine said the Bible is true becau....

#127097 Feb 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It means:
KAB firmly believes in circular logic because KAB firlmy believes in circular logic becau.... The Bible is true because the councils of Constantine said the Bible is true because the councils of Constantine said the Bible is true becau....
Oh, I see.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#127098 Feb 21, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever he wants.(shrug)

For example, if it happened to be the passage about Balam's talking donkey it means there was a sneaky ventriloquist which no-one knew about which followed him every step of the way. That way the Bible is never wrong.

Unless we do finally find evidence of talking donkeys at a later date, then the Bible was still right in the first place.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#127099 Feb 21, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever he wants.(shrug)
For example, if it happened to be the passage about Balam's talking donkey it means there was a sneaky ventriloquist which no-one knew about which followed him every step of the way. That way the Bible is never wrong.
Unless we do finally find evidence of talking donkeys at a later date, then the Bible was still right in the first place.
Isn't it the WTBTS contention that Francis the talking mule was the daughter of Balam's donkey and Mr. Ed? Well, there ya go then. A data-full assertion.
KAB

United States

#127100 Feb 21, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you planning to demonstrate such any time this century?
I asked you to explain. You stated there was no need.
The need is defined by the asking. Choosing not to do so likely indicates it is unexplainable (i.e., nonsense).

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#127101 Feb 21, 2014
Watchtower indoctrination

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#127102 Feb 21, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to explain. You stated there was no need.
The need is defined by the asking. Choosing not to do so likely indicates it is unexplainable (i.e., nonsense).
so then accordingly, the unexplainable falls under the category of "God works in mysterious ways" (i.e., nonsense).
KAB

United States

#127103 Feb 21, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jee that solves everything.
The start of an analysis doesn't solve anything. Conducting and concluding the analysis does. Your side has proven to be much more into assertion than analysis.
KAB

United States

#127104 Feb 21, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that all of the Bible is Inspired by God (original language literally "God breathed"), therefore, having God's backing.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#127105 Feb 21, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that all of the Bible is Inspired by God (original language literally "God breathed"), therefore, having God's backing.
Was this quote from the Bible written before or after the Bible was assembled with the specific books we now use?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#127106 Feb 21, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have previously dismissed the stance of "the bible is true because the bible says it is true." Apparently, there was a time when you realized it was an absurdity which would not bear the weight of your abysmally sorry dataless assertion that "the bible is a demonstrated reliable source," yet now you fully embrace it. Play the hand you've been dealt, and "pray for the best," eh?. "Lord knows" you've got nothing else.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#127107 Feb 21, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this quote from the Bible written before or after the Bible was assembled with the specific books we now use?
Who knows? Like half of the other books in the NT, 2 Timothy was supposedly written by Paul - the guy who stroked out or was hit by lightening on the Damascus road and never even met Jesus (since he was already dead)- though Paul AKA Saul said he did, and that's proof enough for KAB...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#127108 Feb 21, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh, KAB, you have done it again. How can your supporters continue to worship the Watchtower of you can't even get basic things right.

It means all scripture (the old testament) is supposedly (according to one N.T. author) God breathed. But reference to that passage in the Bible to support the Bible is circular.

BTW KAB, I just learned that a very high percentage of JWs were abused as children and I was wondering if you fit that mold as well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#127109 Feb 21, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

It is is not even clear who wrote that passage. It is in 2 Timothy which was attributed to Paul but has long been known to be a pseudonymous work of unknown authorship and authority.

It may have been written by a follower of Paul and passed off as Paul's after the later's death. But that is not known for certain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Ben Avraham 77,010
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min The FACTory 221,987
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min Into The Night 32,244
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 30 min The FACTory 4,317
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 45 min nanoanomaly 826
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Mon The FACTory 101
A musical evolution lesson. Mon Willy 8
More from around the web