It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151051 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#126070 Jan 27, 2014
HTN640509-040147 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe it rained 4 inches per minute every minute for 60 days and nights?
Could you explain how Noah gathered the microscopic life that he could not see?
Why is there not mass build up of fossils in the strata from all different species that would have died at the same time?
How did Noah travel the earth and retrieve two of every species and how did Noah travel the earth and redistribute those same species back to their environments?
For that matter, how were the environments re-established after a cataclysmic, global flood?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#126071 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have provided data in only a couple of instances over three years. I said your post was an example. I pointed out to you that your post was the example. How many ways can I say it so that you will understand?
You eat, sleep, breath and live lies on here in a continuous cycle. The only person you may be fooling is yourself.
I have asked you many times for the data you are using to make your assertions and have been ignored. You can pretend all you want, but that is a fact.

Welcome to my world.

“Headline”

Since: Jan 14

Hometown

#126072 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>For that matter, how were the environments re-established after a cataclysmic, global flood?
Given time the nature will self heal the environments as it has many times in the past with ice ages, asteroid impacts, and super volcanic eruptions

Level 9

#126073 Jan 27, 2014
HTN640509-040147 wrote:
<quoted text>
Given time the nature will self heal the environments as it has many times in the past with ice ages, asteroid impacts, and super volcanic eruptions
Those events always had a starter source of living things. According to the Bible all living things were wiped out save what was on the ark. No plants or other biota to start the process off. Add to that, a complete, global makeover was needed in less than a 1000 years (my rough estimate).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#126074 Jan 28, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Those events always had a starter source of living things. According to the Bible all living things were wiped out save what was on the ark. No plants or other biota to start the process off. Add to that, a complete, global makeover was needed in less than a 1000 years (my rough estimate).
I've mentioned this before, but it has been observed that when there is a mass die-off of biomass (as in the recent flooding of the land that now comprises the reservoir for the Three Gorges Dam in China), that there is a measurable uptick in greenhouse gasses, particularly methane, as the biomass decomposes.

I have seen no estimates of the biomass of 4500 years ago, but I'm confident that the amount of methane released due to the sudden flooding, and resultant decomposition of every living thing on earth would definitely be evident today, and likely rendering the planet essentially lifeless.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126075 Jan 28, 2014
HTN640509-040147 wrote:
<quoted text>
Given time the nature will self heal the environments as it has many times in the past with ice ages,

Yea, all it takes is several hundred million years or so. Ice ages left permanent scars on the earth. I live in one of those scars.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126076 Jan 28, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've mentioned this before, but it has been observed that when there is a mass die-off of biomass (as in the recent flooding of the land that now comprises the reservoir for the Three Gorges Dam in China), that there is a measurable uptick in greenhouse gasses, particularly methane, as the biomass decomposes.
I have seen no estimates of the biomass of 4500 years ago, but I'm confident that the amount of methane released due to the sudden flooding, and resultant decomposition of every living thing on earth would definitely be evident today, and likely rendering the planet essentially lifeless.

It would certainly be evident in volcanic rocks from that period.

Orlando

#126077 Jan 28, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>It would certainly be evident in volcanic rocks from that period.
And ice cores, and likely more.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#126078 Jan 28, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not been demostrated that the flood described in the Bible did not happen. It has been demonstrated that various versions of the flood as described by your side did not happen.
No. The specificversion described in the Bible, involving total inundation of the world's land and extinction of all land creatures outside the the Ark, has been demonstrated conclusively to be false.

I really don't care what you think, trapped as you are in a religious cult that makes it impossible for you to think rationally about the evidence you have already been given. When you bray for data, you get data. When you bray for the methodologies, you get those. When every suggestion you make to try and avoid the conclusions of the data and methods is shot down, you just come up with more and more nonsensical attempts to avoid the inevitable conclusion.

You will go to your grave with your delusion and that is not my problem.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#126079 Jan 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
...Lambchop. Shari Lewis...
WOW! Instant flashback. I used to love her show when I was a kid.

She wasn't hard on the eyes either...
http://volcanoseven.com/TheThunderChild/JimBu...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#126080 Jan 28, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The specificversion described in the Bible, involving total inundation of the world's land and extinction of all land creatures outside the the Ark, has been demonstrated conclusively to be false.
I really don't care what you think, trapped as you are in a religious cult that makes it impossible for you to think rationally about the evidence you have already been given. When you bray for data, you get data. When you bray for the methodologies, you get those. When every suggestion you make to try and avoid the conclusions of the data and methods is shot down, you just come up with more and more nonsensical attempts to avoid the inevitable conclusion.
You will go to your grave with your delusion and that is not my problem.
Here's his problem in a NUTshell:
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not been demostrated that the flood described in the Bible did not happen. It has been demonstrated that various versions of the flood as described by your side did not happen.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126081 Jan 28, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Instant flashback. I used to love her show when I was a kid.
She wasn't hard on the eyes either...
http://volcanoseven.com/TheThunderChild/JimBu...
http://oddlovescompany.com/wp-content/uploads...

Notice how the one on the right looks like a serpent? It must be what KAB would call "data."

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#126082 Jan 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://oddlovescompany.com/wp-content/uploads...
Notice how the one on the right looks like a serpent? It must be what KAB would call "data."
HA! Yeah.

I remember that show as well.

She wasn't hard to look at either...
http://image.xyface.com/image/f/artist-fran-a...

Level 9

#126083 Jan 28, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A very interesting point. Another nail in the coffin of KAB's demented dream.

I would imagine there would be a significant output of gas from tropical forests with most of the biomass above ground.

Orlando

#126084 Jan 28, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>A very interesting point. Another nail in the coffin of KAB's demented dream.
I would imagine there would be a significant output of gas from tropical forests with most of the biomass above ground.
A paper on the subject:

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090929/full/n...
KAB

United States

#126085 Jan 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the quote has nothing to do with anything. Was Rob Petrie a comedy writer? Was Joe Friday a policeman? You claim that it was a -->certainty<-- that a serpent "spoke" with a woman. Bullcrap. You got nuthin'. No garden, no Eve, no puppet serpent, no invisible ventriloquist. Nuthin'. Not even a magic tree to get ring data from.
Kermit is every bit as real as Lucifer. So is Lambchop. Shari Lewis and Jim Henson didn't claim to speak for a god, a devil, or a cult - with that little bit of honesty they couldn't have trumped your "Truth" and "integrity" any more thoroughly with a 2 ton wrecking ball.
For those who are into dataless rants, this was a good one. I can see how not being able to counter the data which has been provided could drive one to this. It happened with Tangled and the Guy just shortly before they disappeared.

Level 9

#126086 Jan 28, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A paper on the subject:
http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090929/full/n...
Thanks Kong. Much appreciated.

Level 9

#126087 Jan 28, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who are into dataless rants, this was a good one. I can see how not being able to counter the data which has been provided could drive one to this. It happened with Tangled and the Guy just shortly before they disappeared.
There you go with your unrequited obsession with Tangled and Guy.

The didn't leave because of anything you did or presented. As near as I can tell they were satisfied with the evidence and the conclusion that no global flood occurred.

If I hear anything from them, I will let them know you are pining away for them.

By the way, you provided no data.

Orlando

#126088 Jan 28, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Kong. Much appreciated.
No problem...thank you!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126089 Jan 28, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
divert, deflect ignore again, I see.
I thought we had established that just because something is between pages 1 and 1700 +/- of your book does not mandate that it is real - at least that is what you had once alluded to. Given that the only place that Lucifer exists IS as a character in a couple references between pages 1 and 1700+/- of your book, I'd say that the burden of proof still lies (appropriately) in your court.
I'm under no onus to provide "data" that boogie men and closet monsters do not exist. Likewise, I'm under no onus to prove the "certainty" that a snake talked to a girl.

I'd imagine "disappeared" is a euphemism for finally got fed up with your tactically inane bullcrap and left, or possibly they got banned for foul or threatening language. It doesn't indicate any pattern relevant to me, either way. Or perhaps it does, since your utterly oblivious drivel is the one reliable constant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min DREDD JUDGE 197,597
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min Chimney1 31,432
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr NightSerf 13,374
This is how christians fumble up the evolution ... 23 hr zxx838557 1
Rome Viharo debunks evolution Sun Paul Porter1 2
Evolution in action May 27 MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
More from around the web