It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160830 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#126052 Jan 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!
We have a winner.
Dan, no offence, but if it took you 3 years to figure that out then,..... well, maybe the knife needs to be resharpened.
Like you have said before, I am an optimist.
SupaAFC

Elgin, UK

#126053 Jan 27, 2014
mrksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has never been well supported, it is a faith based humanist philosophy. After all the things you named above, human from non-human evolution has never been observed, tested, nor replicated, which is demanded by the scientific method. THus human from non-human evolution is not science. As far as creationism? It is a faith based belief system also. You can laugh about it if you want, there are millions who do not, but do laugh at human evolutionists. I witnessed it yesterday. I don't care who is our next president, who dies next year, and who wins the super bowl, world series, or the NBA champions, human from non-human evolution will still not be science.
I didn't ask for a rant, I asked what progress you and like-minded people have made in debunking evolution and getting it thrown out of scientific and academic circles.

What progress have you guys made? What are your projections for 2014? When's evolution getting thrown out of public classrooms? When are scientists going to dump evolution as a valid theory?

Where's the results of the last 4-6 years, Marksman?

Level 9

#126054 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the clarification. What important data did I disregard, and what data did I misrepresent, and how was it misrepresented?
I don't have time and Topix doesn't provide the space to list it all. Lets stay contemporary and refer back to my point that you initially responded to. You claimed I didn't provide an example when the example was clearly provided.

I will lump the remaining 5000 pages into this statement. YOU LIE ABOUT PROVIDING DATA TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS AND YOU LIE ABOUT OBJECTIVELY REVIEWING DATA SUPPLIED TO YOU.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#126055 Jan 27, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a start.
As demonstrated to you already, the Flood as described in the Bible did not happen.
So its not a great history book either, especially the earlier parts. Its a mythical / legendary chronicle of a people, and just like the Japanese or Hindu or Maori traditions, the early part is pure supernatural myth. Of course, if you ask a Hindu, he may still believe it too.
Flood? Did you say flood???

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/01/24/anc...
KAB

United States

#126056 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you understood, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post. You can argue all you want, but your hypothesis isn't supported by the haplotype data. If only a portion of the data supports your hypothesis, it isn't a complete hypothesis.
All the data which supports evolution also supports design. If you think otherwise, provide specific data for consideration.
KAB

United States

#126057 Jan 27, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a start.
As demonstrated to you already, the Flood as described in the Bible did not happen.
So its not a great history book either, especially the earlier parts. Its a mythical / legendary chronicle of a people, and just like the Japanese or Hindu or Maori traditions, the early part is pure supernatural myth. Of course, if you ask a Hindu, he may still believe it too.
It has not been demostrated that the flood described in the Bible did not happen. It has been demonstrated that various versions of the flood as described by your side did not happen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#126058 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the clarification. What important data did I disregard, and what data did I misrepresent, and how was it misrepresented?

You misrepresent nearly everything.

For example, in the above you suggest you don't know what you disregarded. That is a lie.

You suggest you don't know what data you misrepresented. That too is a lie.

You suggest you don't know how it was misrepresented. That, again, is a lie.

Keep working at driving people away from your Jehovah Witness cult. They see you as a representative and they run.

Pray continue.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126059 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Like you have said before, I am an optimist.

And as you know, I am contaminated with that affliction, as well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126060 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All the data which supports evolution also supports design. If you think otherwise, provide specific data for consideration.

This is false. There is NO data which supports design. Your inability of demonstrate any is support of that thesis.

Remember the standards of the scientific method.

oh,.... I'm sorry. I meant LEARN the standards of the scientific method!

Silly me.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#126061 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not been demostrated that the flood described in the Bible did not happen. It has been demonstrated that various versions of the flood as described by your side did not happen.
There's more than enough evidence from many different lines that show conclusively (to any RATIONAL individual), that a world-wide flood has not happened on earth in the last several million years.

You've seen just the tip of the iceberg of the evidence against this flood, without your providing one iota of evidence FOR this flood (and no, the Bible is *NOT* evidence).
KAB

United States

#126062 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have time and Topix doesn't provide the space to list it all. Lets stay contemporary and refer back to my point that you initially responded to. You claimed I didn't provide an example when the example was clearly provided.
I will lump the remaining 5000 pages into this statement. YOU LIE ABOUT PROVIDING DATA TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS AND YOU LIE ABOUT OBJECTIVELY REVIEWING DATA SUPPLIED TO YOU.
I readily acknowledged the contemporary misunderstanding, and made the correction as I always do. Beyond that, I knew you wouldn't provide data confirming your assertions because you can't. I couldn't/wouldn't/don't live like that. I always provide and have even repeated data confirming when someone is incorrect.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126063 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not been demostrated that the flood described in the Bible did not happen.

That is a lie. We have 10 independent lines of evidence just since I have been keeping track. 9 or 10. One is a bit iffy as it overlaps with another.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> It has been demonstrated that various versions of the flood as described by your side did not happen.

No. No global flood could have happened anywhere near the time frame you claim the Bible establishes. That has been the criteria for most of our refutations.

If there was a global flood 2,000,000,000 years ago then most of our objections fall by the wayside. But in the last 5,000 years. Nope. Never happened.

You are welcome to continue to lie about it however. Lying looks good on your JW resume.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#126064 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever claim to be logical again.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126065 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Lucifer also identified in Muppet Treasure Island and Ravel's Bolero or only in Isaiah 14?
Again, the quote has nothing to do with anything. Was Rob Petrie a comedy writer? Was Joe Friday a policeman? You claim that it was a -->certainty<-- that a serpent "spoke" with a woman. Bullcrap. You got nuthin'. No garden, no Eve, no puppet serpent, no invisible ventriloquist. Nuthin'. Not even a magic tree to get ring data from.
Kermit is every bit as real as Lucifer. So is Lambchop. Shari Lewis and Jim Henson didn't claim to speak for a god, a devil, or a cult - with that little bit of honesty they couldn't have trumped your "Truth" and "integrity" any more thoroughly with a 2 ton wrecking ball.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126066 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful there, KAB - "Lucifer" seems to be getting quite adroit at putting lies in your mouth.
It has been exhaustively demonstrated that the flood as described BY YOUR SIDE did not and could not happen.

“Headline”

Since: Jan 14

Hometown

#126067 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe it rained 4 inches per minute every minute for 60 days and nights?

Could you explain how Noah gathered the microscopic life that he could not see?

Why is there not mass build up of fossils in the strata from all different species that would have died at the same time?

How did Noah travel the earth and retrieve two of every species and how did Noah travel the earth and redistribute those same species back to their environments?

Level 9

#126068 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your claim. YOU provide the data. Bet you won't.

Level 9

#126069 Jan 27, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I readily acknowledged the contemporary misunderstanding, and made the correction as I always do. Beyond that, I knew you wouldn't provide data confirming your assertions because you can't. I couldn't/wouldn't/don't live like that. I always provide and have even repeated data confirming when someone is incorrect.
You have provided data in only a couple of instances over three years. I said your post was an example. I pointed out to you that your post was the example. How many ways can I say it so that you will understand?

You eat, sleep, breath and live lies on here in a continuous cycle. The only person you may be fooling is yourself.

I have asked you many times for the data you are using to make your assertions and have been ignored. You can pretend all you want, but that is a fact.

Level 9

#126070 Jan 27, 2014
HTN640509-040147 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe it rained 4 inches per minute every minute for 60 days and nights?
Could you explain how Noah gathered the microscopic life that he could not see?
Why is there not mass build up of fossils in the strata from all different species that would have died at the same time?
How did Noah travel the earth and retrieve two of every species and how did Noah travel the earth and redistribute those same species back to their environments?
For that matter, how were the environments re-established after a cataclysmic, global flood?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126071 Jan 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have provided data in only a couple of instances over three years. I said your post was an example. I pointed out to you that your post was the example. How many ways can I say it so that you will understand?
You eat, sleep, breath and live lies on here in a continuous cycle. The only person you may be fooling is yourself.
I have asked you many times for the data you are using to make your assertions and have been ignored. You can pretend all you want, but that is a fact.

Welcome to my world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min replaytime 66,321
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 17 min River Tam 28,467
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 221,195
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Eagle 12 3,417
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 3 hr Dogen 79
What does the theory of evolution state? 3 hr Dogen 103
What are microevolution and macroevolution? 5 hr pshun2404 4
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 8 hr Subduction Zone 137
More from around the web