It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151419 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#124923 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, for the good of everyone see if you can get all your comrades to quit posting here. Then maybe I can encourage some data oriented individuals to contribute and stay.

How can you do that if you are gone on data free one?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124924 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I had in mind those whose present worldview is different from mine. The data-filled posts I seek are the protection against the lie (Acts 17:11). The dirth of such posts from your side is the reason for the difficulty experienced in this forum presently, too much assertion, too little confirmation.

Why are you, a known and confirmed liar, pretending to be against lying?

That would be another lie on your part. current count now up to 5.

If you are never willing to admit your are wrong, then how can we make progress in teaching you anything?

You can't even be taught basic science but yet continue to argue against it.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124925 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the ones I have listed.
You referred to craters on Earth. Your list is of craters on the moon.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124926 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Global flood has been refuted.
Quibbling about the specifics of myths is a waste of time.
I understand. Elicit the quibble then bail as soon as your back is to the data wall which in your case is usually immediately as in this instance.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124927 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Philosophy cannot provide the above as absolute certainty.
Only two thinks can be know for absolute certainty.
1. Cogito ergo sum.
2. 1st person reports.
Please give your reference for the only two things which can ;be known for absolute certainty.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124928 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom does not raise it up. Why would the bottom raise the cube?
Are you just being stupid again?
Since all force above the bottom of the container is downward, how does the cube get raised?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124929 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you, a known and confirmed liar, pretending to be against lying?
That would be another lie on your part. current count now up to 5.
If you are never willing to admit your are wrong, then how can we make progress in teaching you anything?
You can't even be taught basic science but yet continue to argue against it.
I am occasionally wrong, and such occasions have even occurred in this forum.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#124930 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I had in mind those whose present worldview is different from mine. The data-filled posts I seek are the protection against the lie (Acts 17:11). The dirth of such posts from your side is the reason for the difficulty experienced in this forum presently, too much assertion, too little confirmation.
I understand how you feel. You have made assertions and thus far have failed to back up those assertions with any data. You would think the way you describe your position, it would be a slam dunk, but alas, no data. The large volume of data we have presented seems to send you into denial and I hate to say this, but you lie about it or ignore it.

If we were to bar those with a worldview different than your own, this thread would be nothing more than another JW fantasy land with you posting into a sock all alone.

Level 9

#124931 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you hold the forum record for the length of duration of those occasions. All are still ongoing.

Level 9

#124932 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since all force above the bottom of the container is downward, how does the cube get raised?
Buoyancy.

Level 9

#124933 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. Elicit the quibble then bail as soon as your back is to the data wall which in your case is usually immediately as in this instance.
Are you saying that Dogen has the data behind him to support his claim? Is this finally an admission that you concede you have no data and that we have presented an overwhelming volume of data? Have we started to reach past that cult indoctrination to the mind that use to be in control?

The global flood has been refuted. Data has been presented to you countless times over the last couple of years. You quibble about trivial details in an effort to avoid the conclusion that deep down you know is the correct conclusion.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124934 Jan 1, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Buoyancy.
Buoyancy requires fluid under downward oriented surfaces of the object, doesn't it?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124935 Jan 1, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that Dogen has the data behind him to support his claim? Is this finally an admission that you concede you have no data and that we have presented an overwhelming volume of data? Have we started to reach past that cult indoctrination to the mind that use to be in control?
The global flood has been refuted. Data has been presented to you countless times over the last couple of years. You quibble about trivial details in an effort to avoid the conclusion that deep down you know is the correct conclusion.
You know what they say. The truth is in the details. BTW, the details are in the data wall that is leaving neither Dogen nor you anyway to escape, so you bail.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124936 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Try to make sense when you post.

Please.

Level 9

#124937 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Buoyancy requires fluid under downward oriented surfaces of the object, doesn't it?
Do you not think there are buoyant forces on the sides of an immersed cube? It seems that I will have to think of a way to dumb down my explanations since you are not technically savvy.

Level 9

#124938 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say. The truth is in the details. BTW, the details are in the data wall that is leaving neither Dogen nor you anyway to escape, so you bail.
Since the data is all on our side, I don't understand how you can say this. I can only conclude denial and lies in support of that denial.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124939 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give your reference for the only two things which can ;be known for absolute certainty.

Modern philosophy. More specifically Epistemology.

Look it up.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124940 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

No.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124941 Jan 1, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

We know.

You would be more accurate if you substituted 'always' for 'occasionally'.

Level 9

#124942 Jan 1, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to make sense when you post.
Please.
You mean he could have been making sense all along instead of what he has been doing. That would have helped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Into The Night 16,443
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min It aint necessari... 40,863
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 37 min DanFromSmithville 70
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 48 min DanFromSmithville 201,793
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 9 hr ChristineM 298
Sun could not have formed as thought 17 hr Creationtruth 1
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 23 hr MIDutch 24
More from around the web