It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151417 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#124740 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Somebodies panties are in a wad.

That is my assesement as well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124741 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on focusing exclusively on the rainfall to the exclusion of the springs of the deep clearly identified in the Bible account. Oh, have you not read the Bible account?

Because it is meaningless. It does nothing to change the dynamics of the flood. River floods do billions of dollars of damage each year.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Here's the pertinent hole-in-the-bottom quote from the article you seem to quote when it suits your purpose,
"Nevertheless, the existence of a cryptorheic drainage system
(i.e. underground) between the Pingualuit Crater Lake and the
neighboring Lake Laflamme (Fig. 3) is strongly suggested by d18O
measurements of lake waters from both systems (Ouellet et al.,
1989). The groundwater drainage probably occurs along a major
and NeS oriented fault plan linking both lakes (Currie, 1965) and
would explain the relatively stable level of the Crater Lake (at least
over the last decades) despite a positive hydrologic balance. The
residence time of the waters in the Crater Lake is estimated at
around 330 years."

Again, no meaning for the current discussion. It does not change the fact that the damage to the crater was not done by a global flood since we have verified with 9 (nine) different lines of evidnece that such a flood did not happen.

Summary: smokescreen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124742 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you acknowledge that until the liquid gets under the solid, no floating influence arises. BTW, there are ways to keep the liquid from getting under the solid.

No, that is not what I indicated or acknowledged. You lie on cue.

A square cube with a net density less than water, will float off the bottom of a flat pan when water is slowly added.

In fact, if you put a scale under water with the top of the scale at just under water level and the cube placed on it, the weight of the cube would be less than on a dry scale above water.

I know you will not read this with the technically savvy required, but others might so it is worth my time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124743 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assert equal rising and fallling rates? Did you forget to read the Bible account again? Does it make your position easier for you to believe?

Equal rising and falling rates give you the best chance. The Bible (or the Babble, if you are reading the NWT) makes things harder on you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124744 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have specifically stated that the moon craters don't appear to qualify as flood gauges. Thereby, Dogen is wrong. I have previously lamented the misfortune of your agreeing with Dogen and encouraged you to stop.

You assert flood gages. Since you made up the word I guess I can't stop you from changing the meaning as you wish, but the lunar craters have the same characteristics.

Does it make you sad that they know I am right. Your disinformation program is not serving you very well.

Have you weighed the good you have done for your cult (none) vs. the harm you have done (made it look as stupid as it is)?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124745 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not claiming that only a global flood could account for that Canadian geological formation. That formation is estimated to have been there 1.4 million years before the flood.

Some of the craters on the moon have been there for billions of years before the global lunar flood.

'Global lunar flood' and 'global lunar flood gauge' are terms I have coined and can define how I please.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#124746 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on focusing exclusively on the rainfall to the exclusion of the springs of the deep clearly identified in the Bible account. Oh, have you not read the Bible account?
Here's the pertinent hole-in-the-bottom quote from the article you seem to quote when it suits your purpose,
"Nevertheless, the existence of a cryptorheic drainage system
(i.e. underground) between the Pingualuit Crater Lake and the
neighboring Lake Laflamme (Fig. 3) is strongly suggested by d18O
measurements of lake waters from both systems (Ouellet et al.,
1989). The groundwater drainage probably occurs along a major
and NeS oriented fault plan linking both lakes (Currie, 1965) and
would explain the relatively stable level of the Crater Lake (at least
over the last decades) despite a positive hydrologic balance. The
residence time of the waters in the Crater Lake is estimated at
around 330 years."
Because the rainfall is relevant the the fountains are not.

So you drafted your own reference passage to post here. Not a surprise. Even is this passage is real, it only changes the timing of the calculated overflow of the crater lake. It still over tops its own wall before a flood could come in from outside. However, neither outflow or inflow is important since no flood occurred.

Nice try though. That passage was a nice touch.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#124747 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the craters on the moon have been there for billions of years before the global lunar flood.
'Global lunar flood' and 'global lunar flood gauge' are terms I have coined and can define how I please.
Oh, I really like this. Good show.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124748 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is meaningless. It does nothing to change the dynamics of the flood. River floods do billions of dollars of damage each year.
<quoted text>
Again, no meaning for the current discussion. It does not change the fact that the damage to the crater was not done by a global flood since we have verified with 9 (nine) different lines of evidnece that such a flood did not happen.
Summary: smokescreen.
The global flood was indeed damaging if you consider the death of all but 8 people damaging.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124749 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not what I indicated or acknowledged. You lie on cue.
A square cube with a net density less than water, will float off the bottom of a flat pan when water is slowly added.
In fact, if you put a scale under water with the top of the scale at just under water level and the cube placed on it, the weight of the cube would be less than on a dry scale above water.
I know you will not read this with the technically savvy required, but others might so it is worth my time.
If the top of the scale is just under water then there is water under the cube, isn't there?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124750 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The global flood was indeed damaging if you consider the death of all but 8 people damaging.

In the last Douglas Adams book the entire universe was wiped out.

Works of fiction don't kill real people.

We have determined by multiple lines of genetic data that it could not have happened.

You like to ignore that. Reality refutes your just-so myth.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124751 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You assert flood gages. Since you made up the word I guess I can't stop you from changing the meaning as you wish, but the lunar craters have the same characteristics.
Does it make you sad that they know I am right. Your disinformation program is not serving you very well.
Have you weighed the good you have done for your cult (none) vs. the harm you have done (made it look as stupid as it is)?
I can't tell from the images provided if those lunar craters have the same characteristics as Pingualuit relative to serving as a flood gauge. One of them seems to have a major section of sidewall completely absent.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124752 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I really like this. Good show.

I like to feed his nonsense back to him with the hope he will recognize it and up his game.

While not gaining what my ultimate goal, I am having a lot of fun with him.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124753 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If the top of the scale is just under water then there is water under the cube, isn't there?

No.

it has a FLAT bottom (google 'cube') and the top of the scale is flat.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124754 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You still clearly are not able to master reading comprehension. I notice you are not quoting what I said anymore. I wonder why that is?
I can dub Micky Mouse to be a swiss watch. Insanity is what it is.
Here's the quote, again,

"Like the flood gages on the moon.
There is as much evidence for them being caused by floods (none) as your flood gage."

You're too easy. The inability (impossibility?) to ever, especially right now, do the same to me must grate you considerably.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#124755 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody found a human genetic bottleneck dated to, what, 4,500 ybp?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124756 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124757 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Because the rainfall is relevant the the fountains are not.
So you drafted your own reference passage to post here. Not a surprise. Even is this passage is real, it only changes the timing of the calculated overflow of the crater lake. It still over tops its own wall before a flood could come in from outside. However, neither outflow or inflow is important since no flood occurred.
Nice try though. That passage was a nice touch.
Another source of water contributing to the general rise faster than the rain so that inward overtopping occurs does seem relevant. Don't you think?

As to that passage I quoted, it is especially nice since it seals the coffin in which you chose to lie.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124758 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
it has a FLAT bottom (google 'cube') and the top of the scale is flat.
Is the scale's flat top underwater before the cube is placed on it?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124759 Dec 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody found a human genetic bottleneck dated to, what, 4,500 ybp?
That depends on what mutation rate is assumed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Into The Night 15,838
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 40 min ChristineM 90
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 57 min Igor Trip 201,141
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Thinking 40,366
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... Sat One way or another 6
The conscious God or the inanimate nature Sat Fear-God 8
Proof that all of Christianity is a lie Jul 21 THE LONE WORKER 41
More from around the web