It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 166371 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#124727 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How lowly would the next in command to the C-in-C be?
That could be the VP or General of the Armies of the United States, depending on what you mean.

That cold be Jesus.

Which, based on Jewish sources would make all of the archangels maybe 1 star generals and Michael maybe a 2 star since he is, at times, referred to as being the commander of the angels.

When we die that would make us maybe 3 or 4 star generals as we will be above the angels.

This is all somewhat forced to fit into your scheme, which I am allowing as it is too easy to beat you on my home field (science). Got to give you a chance.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124728 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You provide the data confirming your assertion of zero circa 4500 ybp content, and I'll consider it.

Sorry, but exactly none have been found that fits the time scale exactly. So your assertion that it exists is dataless. The responsibility is on you. And you will run away again.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124729 Dec 29, 2013
KAB has dropped below his 10% response rate. Must have run out of steam during his run up to that peek 15% response rate.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124730 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I never suggested the craters were caused by floods. I suggested (whimsically) that the collapsed walls were the result of the global lunar flood.
Your reading comprehension need substantial work. Perhaps you could find someone with a minimum amount of technical savvy of English to tutor you.
I have a nephew in 8th grade that can write a pretty mean paragraph and I am sure he would teach you for a reasonable price.
I have dubbed the Pingualuit crater a flood gauge (i.e., It was a flood gauge BEFORE the flood). You dubbed your moon craters flood gages.not caused by floods. Regardless of what you meant, that's what you wrote. Live with it. BTW, I don't doubt what you meant. Learn to write what you mean unambiguously if you don't want to be misunderstood. Perhaps your nephew can help, and if he knows you as I do it WILL BE for a price.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124731 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I persist because I stick with the data, ALL of it, unlike you. The malady was already gone before the cleansing ritual took place, and nothing is stated about the ritual serving as a preventative. That's what even you can understand as soon as you sign up to consider ALL the data objectively, and THEN draw your conclusion instead of employing your current selective data backward approach which includes not providing the data you don't want your readers to know. Not to worry. I'll continue to fill that gap for you. To the extent you do what you do in this regard knowledgeably and willfully, you are a disgusting human being.
Say what you will - you did not submit Lev. 14 even when it was clear that was what the original poster was referring to. You stated that the chapter doesn't mention doves. You initially claimed it was not about leprosy and then claimed it's about no other skin disorder, Now you make the feint that in that age of majicks it wasn't about skin disorders or maladies at all? I know what you are getting at, that it was a spiritual cleansing of those who had been unclean - but spirit and physical are inseparable to the superstitious and treating one is treating the other. The power of positive thinking should not be dismissed, but taking it to chowderheaded levels is what leads to your cult's phobia of modern medicine.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#124732 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have dubbed the Pingualuit crater a flood gauge (i.e., It was a flood gauge BEFORE the flood). You dubbed your moon craters flood gages.not caused by floods. Regardless of what you meant, that's what you wrote. Live with it. BTW, I don't doubt what you meant. Learn to write what you mean unambiguously if you don't want to be misunderstood. Perhaps your nephew can help, and if he knows you as I do it WILL BE for a price.
Somebodies panties are in a wad.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124733 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>In order to lay that much water onto the surface of the earth, it would be more than I can imagine. It doesn't describe something gentle and in order to get the water deep enough to be 15 cubits over the highest mountain would require something between 5-10 meters an hour of rising water. It would have rained like nothing anyone has ever seen.
The only person I don't agree with here is you. That is based on your complete refusal to support your argument with relevant facts, your bald-faced lies and your adherence to cult dogma. If you have some sort of report, you haven't bothered to show it here. There are no inlets or outlets to the lake. Maintenance of the water level is totally reliant on precipitation and evaporation. The only holes are in your belief and your head.
Your assertion about the rainfall rate is an unsupported, dataless opinion.
Your assertion about a hole in the bottom of the lake is an unsupported, dataless opinion.
You use of this lake to support your global flood delusion is totally reliant on unsupported speculation. This can be seen at a depth of over 30 meters in that lake, it is so clear.
Why do you insist on focusing exclusively on the rainfall to the exclusion of the springs of the deep clearly identified in the Bible account. Oh, have you not read the Bible account?

Here's the pertinent hole-in-the-bottom quote from the article you seem to quote when it suits your purpose,

"Nevertheless, the existence of a cryptorheic drainage system
(i.e. underground) between the Pingualuit Crater Lake and the
neighboring Lake Laflamme (Fig. 3) is strongly suggested by d18O
measurements of lake waters from both systems (Ouellet et al.,
1989). The groundwater drainage probably occurs along a major
and NeS oriented fault plan linking both lakes (Currie, 1965) and
would explain the relatively stable level of the Crater Lake (at least
over the last decades) despite a positive hydrologic balance. The
residence time of the waters in the Crater Lake is estimated at
around 330 years."
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124734 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no problem as the more dense liquid CAN, in fact, get under the less dense solid.
As you like to play pretend, may I suggest you continue your education in a nice preschool class.
At least you acknowledge that until the liquid gets under the solid, no floating influence arises. BTW, there are ways to keep the liquid from getting under the solid.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124735 Dec 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
??? why would there be scouring at the bottom of the Marianas Trench? Has anyone indicated that there should be such? Was not the point that it was the addition of 200 ft (approx) of water per day at the onset and removal of 200 ft (approx) of water per day at the end of the flood not really the issue?
Of course the answer is obvious to people who are honest with themselves.
Why do you assert equal rising and fallling rates? Did you forget to read the Bible account again? Does it make your position easier for you to believe?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124736 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He was referring to the craters on the moon that you seem to corroborate as flood gauges. From what I read, he considers them to be as likely as flood gauges as Pingualuit. I agree.
Actually, I have specifically stated that the moon craters don't appear to qualify as flood gauges. Thereby, Dogen is wrong. I have previously lamented the misfortune of your agreeing with Dogen and encouraged you to stop.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124737 Dec 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
So you are claiming that only a global flood could account for that Canadian geological formation you refer to as a global flood gauge? Yet others have shown other things could cause that formation.
So you have no actual global flood gauge then, just hoping to find an example?
I am not claiming that only a global flood could account for that Canadian geological formation. That formation is estimated to have been there 1.4 million years before the flood.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124738 Dec 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what you will - you did not submit Lev. 14 even when it was clear that was what the original poster was referring to. You stated that the chapter doesn't mention doves. You initially claimed it was not about leprosy and then claimed it's about no other skin disorder, Now you make the feint that in that age of majicks it wasn't about skin disorders or maladies at all? I know what you are getting at, that it was a spiritual cleansing of those who had been unclean - but spirit and physical are inseparable to the superstitious and treating one is treating the other. The power of positive thinking should not be dismissed, but taking it to chowderheaded levels is what leads to your cult's phobia of modern medicine.
Quote me on my statement that Lev. 14 doesn't mention doves. When I see you provide that I'll have further response for you. Another approach to further response is to admit you're wrong about this.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124739 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You still clearly are not able to master reading comprehension. I notice you are not quoting what I said anymore. I wonder why that is?

I can dub Micky Mouse to be a swiss watch. Insanity is what it is.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124740 Dec 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Somebodies panties are in a wad.

That is my assesement as well.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124741 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on focusing exclusively on the rainfall to the exclusion of the springs of the deep clearly identified in the Bible account. Oh, have you not read the Bible account?

Because it is meaningless. It does nothing to change the dynamics of the flood. River floods do billions of dollars of damage each year.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Here's the pertinent hole-in-the-bottom quote from the article you seem to quote when it suits your purpose,
around 330 years."

Again, no meaning for the current discussion. It does not change the fact that the damage to the crater was not done by a global flood since we have verified with 9 (nine) different lines of evidnece that such a flood did not happen.

Summary: smokescreen.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124742 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you acknowledge that until the liquid gets under the solid, no floating influence arises. BTW, there are ways to keep the liquid from getting under the solid.

No, that is not what I indicated or acknowledged. You lie on cue.

A square cube with a net density less than water, will float off the bottom of a flat pan when water is slowly added.

In fact, if you put a scale under water with the top of the scale at just under water level and the cube placed on it, the weight of the cube would be less than on a dry scale above water.

I know you will not read this with the technically savvy required, but others might so it is worth my time.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124743 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assert equal rising and fallling rates? Did you forget to read the Bible account again? Does it make your position easier for you to believe?

Equal rising and falling rates give you the best chance. The Bible (or the Babble, if you are reading the NWT) makes things harder on you.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124744 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have specifically stated that the moon craters don't appear to qualify as flood gauges. Thereby, Dogen is wrong. I have previously lamented the misfortune of your agreeing with Dogen and encouraged you to stop.

You assert flood gages. Since you made up the word I guess I can't stop you from changing the meaning as you wish, but the lunar craters have the same characteristics.

Does it make you sad that they know I am right. Your disinformation program is not serving you very well.

Have you weighed the good you have done for your cult (none) vs. the harm you have done (made it look as stupid as it is)?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#124745 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not claiming that only a global flood could account for that Canadian geological formation. That formation is estimated to have been there 1.4 million years before the flood.

Some of the craters on the moon have been there for billions of years before the global lunar flood.

'Global lunar flood' and 'global lunar flood gauge' are terms I have coined and can define how I please.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#124746 Dec 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the pertinent hole-in-the-bottom quote from the article you seem to quote when it suits your purpose,
around 330 years."
Because the rainfall is relevant the the fountains are not.

So you drafted your own reference passage to post here. Not a surprise. Even is this passage is real, it only changes the timing of the calculated overflow of the crater lake. It still over tops its own wall before a flood could come in from outside. However, neither outflow or inflow is important since no flood occurred.

Nice try though. That passage was a nice touch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min positronium 87,532
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 2 hr Dogen 5,838
What's your religion? Thu 15th Dalai Lama 772
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Wed Tom Honda 1,825
Scientific Method Feb 15 stinky 20
Evolving A Maze Solving Robot Feb 6 Untangler 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 1 Rose_NoHo 223,358
More from around the web