It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151350 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#124339 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Try quoting me on that. You won't.
I already did in response to the very post that seemed as if it was written in a drug induced stupor.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#124340 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts have you provided confirming what caused the crater slough?
I am still waiting for you to provide data that the crater slough was the result of a global flood as you have often and repeatedly claimed.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#124341 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you acknowledged that we only have a small number of several inch diameter peeks into the ice caps, and they show melt layers throughout the global flood timeframe?
We have enough and they should all show a massive disruption as 4500 years and they do not.
You need to explain how that could happen if your extraordinary hypothesis is true.
You have not.
Have you acknowledged that the diversity in the human mtDNA genome is dependent upon the uncertain (and that doesn't necessarily include varying) mutation rate?
There is not huge uncertainty in the mutation rate as it is readily observable by looking at mtDNA in living humans and seeing how many vary from their mothers'. Its been done. If there is any measurement error, its certainly not in the region of 30x magnitude difference required to compress 150K into 5K.
I would readily accept that a new measure might change the estimate by 5% or 10% but certainly not by 3000%
I'm ready, willing, and want to listen objectively to the Hindu and conclude accordingly.
You might believe that of yourself but I very much doubt it. You would in fact apply the same scrutiny to the claims made by the Hindus as we do to yours, and find them sorely wanting, as we do to yours. You dismiss the Quran (rightly) on the basis of one maths error made, but ignore the errors of your own favoured text. You have a double standard, and its hypocritical.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#124342 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Genesis presents the flood as an historical event and Jesus referred to it as such, it is necessary that the flood happened just as the talking donkey happened however the talking actually took place.
That is assuming Genesis was always right and Jesus was always right.

And of course, you have merely, unwittingly, proven that Jesus was not always right.

Christians who hold onto their money instead of giving it all away, plan for tomorrow unlike the lillies of the field, remain friends with their parents, and go to the doctor when they are sick hoping for medicine not prayers, will be highly relieved to hear that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#124343 Dec 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you commented on it. I thought my eyes were going bad.
It read like a fictional collaboration between H.P. Lovecraft and Dr. Suess.

More like a fictional collaboration between H.P. Lovecraft on acid and Dr. Suess on crack.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124344 Dec 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He believes in the talking jackass because he is one.

Very insightful.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124345 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Balaam did what, apparently?
The incident is reported as happening. I'm not claiming it didn't.

As already determined, it is quite reasonable that you would believe in yourself; i.e. a talking ass.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124346 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Try quoting me on that. You won't.

Yes. It would be hard to quote you on your failure to provide information.

You can't stop being dishonest for one post.

You are like an addict who can't stop lying even when lying isn't necessary! Addicts can forget they are lying and manufacture their own truth.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124347 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As you can see from the link provided here you are patently confirmned wrong again!
So, by all means, please go with the data in the future.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
You asked a question which is patently misleading and inaccurate, then another, then provided a statement which the record shows is patently erroneous. I am patently confirmed accurate.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124348 Dec 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The very nature of this forum results in you being quoted. You are making a circular argument.
Considering that you do insult people, how can you expect me to believe you didn't start it off. But you insult the intelligence of every intelligent person that has posted on here with your refusal to provide data, listen to reason and consider belief over evidence.
As confirmed by the quotes in this forum, I am not making a circular argument.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124349 Dec 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have enough and they should all show a massive disruption as 4500 years and they do not.
You need to explain how that could happen if your extraordinary hypothesis is true.
You have not.
<quoted text>
There is not huge uncertainty in the mutation rate as it is readily observable by looking at mtDNA in living humans and seeing how many vary from their mothers'. Its been done. If there is any measurement error, its certainly not in the region of 30x magnitude difference required to compress 150K into 5K.
I would readily accept that a new measure might change the estimate by 5% or 10% but certainly not by 3000%
<quoted text>
You might believe that of yourself but I very much doubt it. You would in fact apply the same scrutiny to the claims made by the Hindus as we do to yours, and find them sorely wanting, as we do to yours. You dismiss the Quran (rightly) on the basis of one maths error made, but ignore the errors of your own favoured text. You have a double standard, and its hypocritical.
The "massive disruption" seen in the ice cores need be nothing more than a melt layer, and there are melt layers. You have provided no data confirming otherwise.

Please provide data showing single generation mutation measurements. I have not yet found any.

Regarding scrutiny, my methodology is nothing like yours. You declare errors by not allowing legitimate variations of meaning. I do not since such is itself erroneous.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124350 Dec 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is assuming Genesis was always right and Jesus was always right.
And of course, you have merely, unwittingly, proven that Jesus was not always right.
Christians who hold onto their money instead of giving it all away, plan for tomorrow unlike the lillies of the field, remain friends with their parents, and go to the doctor when they are sick hoping for medicine not prayers, will be highly relieved to hear that.
Regarding the lilies of the field, Jesus was discussing anxiety not planning, wasn't he?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124351 Dec 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked a question which is patently misleading and inaccurate, then another, then provided a statement which the record shows is patently erroneous. I am patently confirmed accurate.
It's ironic, tho not unexpected, that you are inaccurate even in declaring your accuracy.
You stated that I only make statements regarding Bible quotes. The statement you acknowledge was not regarding a Bible quote.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124352 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief that the Bible is true because the Bible says it's true is the classic of circular logics, just as your own claims of your own veracity regardless of the written evidence.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124353 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You mean the quotes in this forum that are mocking you?

You are making a circular argument. It matters not how wide the circle is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124354 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The "massive disruption" seen in the ice cores need be nothing more than a melt layer, and there are melt layers. You have provided no data confirming otherwise.

Incorrect. If only you had some inkling of how a flood would effect a layer of ice. Flooding over ice tends to seep into cracks and fissures and cause holes, ice caves, then collapse of large sections of ice then the sheet itself. And all of that from localized flooding without covering the entire sheet!

KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Please provide data showing single generation mutation measurements. I have not yet found any.

You have not really looked. Or, even more likely, you don't understand how to look for research and just try shooting a few key words through Google.

KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Regarding scrutiny, my methodology is nothing like yours.

True, the rest of us have to adhere to the scientific method while you are free to make up anything you please.

Tell us some new lies. Your old ones are tired.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124355 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding the lilies of the field, Jesus was discussing anxiety not planning, wasn't he?

Planning as a result of anxiety.

Most planning is driven by anxiety and it's close cousin Fear.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124356 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ironic, tho not unexpected, that you are inaccurate even in declaring your accuracy.
You stated that I only make statements regarding Bible quotes. The statement you acknowledge was not regarding a Bible quote.

This is a lie. He was commenting on your question, not on the statement in your post. You are losing your capacity to even dodge well.

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124357 Dec 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
More posts KAB is frightened of responding to:124289-124293
As long as he is posting words he thinks he is in the game. The FACT that he has DEMONSTRATED consistent IGNORANCE of science notwithstanding.

He is still running.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124358 Dec 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief that the Bible is true because the Bible says it's true is the classic of circular logics, just as your own claims of your own veracity regardless of the written evidence.
That's why it's not my belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min One way or another 35,319
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 32 min replaytime 199,441
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr hpcaban 14,950
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... Tue DanFromSmithville 36
Ribose can be produced in space Jun 27 JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation Jun 27 JanusBifrons 1
My Story Part 2 Jun 27 JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web