It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163051 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#124326 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my request with data confirming the crater slough was caused by a seismic event. Instead you rightfully requested data confirming it was caused by a global flood, reflecting your now stated understanding that there is no such data. I'd say it has realization that there is no such data either way written all over it.

Actually, there was a real seismic event at the time. We have geological evidence of that little tremor but NO EVIDENCE of a GLOBAL flood.

None
nada
zip
nul
none
cero
zero
|0|

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124327 Dec 21, 2013
More posts KAB is frightened of responding to:124289-124293

As long as he is posting words he thinks he is in the game. The FACT that he has DEMONSTRATED consistent IGNORANCE of science notwithstanding.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#124328 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it necessary for those present and involved that the donkey literally physically talked or that it appearted that it did?
Balaam did, apparently.

Or are you claiming that it didn't happen?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#124329 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a good point going and then blew its impact with the weapon far from the scene reference. In the case of the global flood, it was at the scene in both time and place. Also, I'm not claiming conviction. I'm establishing opportunity.
Have you ever heard of the concept of a circular argument? You know. Where you use the point you are arguing to support to support the point you are arguing to support. Like a snake swallowing its own tail, it just doesn't work.

You have to show evidence that supports the occurence of a global flood. What you are saying, and since you lie all the time, you know this, is that here is evidence of the flood and we know it is evidence because the flood occurred.

If you spent more time working on your point and less time wasted trying to come up with drivel to insult me and everyone else, you might move forward a bit. I am being overly optimistic I know, but I am trying to help you.

Level 9

#124330 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my request with data confirming the crater slough was caused by a seismic event. Instead you rightfully requested data confirming it was caused by a global flood, reflecting your now stated understanding that there is no such data. I'd say it has realization that there is no such data either way written all over it.
You shouldn't respond when you are under the influence of drugs. It is amusing, but it doesn't make sense.

You have twice failed to provide the data indicating that the crater slough was the result of any flood. I surmised that this was because no such data exists. You now agree with that. So you can't conclude that it is the result of any flood, let alone a global flood, so all this time you have been lying by claiming it is. We knew that.

Level 9

#124331 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a good point going and then blew its impact with the weapon far from the scene reference. In the case of the global flood, it was at the scene in both time and place. Also, I'm not claiming conviction. I'm establishing opportunity.
Your aren't establishing anything. You have previously claimed on numerous instances that this was the "global scale flood gauge". You really can't make a post that doesn't have a lie in it somewhere can you.

If you were an honest person, you would have presented this data and explained your position around it. Then you would have continued searching for other pieces of data related to the crater after the weakness were pointed out. You on the other hand have some twisted, scatterbrained, agenda and methodology involving lies and thriving on the cracks of uncertainty, while running from facts and honest commentary.

Level 9

#124332 Dec 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice doublethink gibberish!
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he affirm lies? Why do you think a reasonable person, aware of and knowledgeable of the evidence, would decide to disregard it to make a false statement?
Is this what you have learned to do?
Glad you commented on it. I thought my eyes were going bad.

It read like a fictional collaboration between H.P. Lovecraft and Dr. Suess.

Level 9

#124333 Dec 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Balaam did, apparently.
He believes in the talking jackass because he is one.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124334 Dec 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Balaam did, apparently.
Balaam did what, apparently?

The incident is reported as happening. I'm not claiming it didn't.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124335 Dec 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard of the concept of a circular argument? You know. Where you use the point you are arguing to support to support the point you are arguing to support. Like a snake swallowing its own tail, it just doesn't work.
You have to show evidence that supports the occurence of a global flood. What you are saying, and since you lie all the time, you know this, is that here is evidence of the flood and we know it is evidence because the flood occurred.
If you spent more time working on your point and less time wasted trying to come up with drivel to insult me and everyone else, you might move forward a bit. I am being overly optimistic I know, but I am trying to help you.
I see you're not quoting me to make your circular argument point, nor will you.

I am never nor will be first to insult. See what happens when you stop.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124336 Dec 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't respond when you are under the influence of drugs. It is amusing, but it doesn't make sense.
You have twice failed to provide the data indicating that the crater slough was the result of any flood. I surmised that this was because no such data exists. You now agree with that. So you can't conclude that it is the result of any flood, let alone a global flood, so all this time you have been lying by claiming it is. We knew that.
Try quoting me on that. You won't.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#124337 Dec 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Your aren't establishing anything. You have previously claimed on numerous instances that this was the "global scale flood gauge". You really can't make a post that doesn't have a lie in it somewhere can you.
If you were an honest person, you would have presented this data and explained your position around it. Then you would have continued searching for other pieces of data related to the crater after the weakness were pointed out. You on the other hand have some twisted, scatterbrained, agenda and methodology involving lies and thriving on the cracks of uncertainty, while running from facts and honest commentary.
What facts have you provided confirming what caused the crater slough?

Level 9

#124338 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're not quoting me to make your circular argument point, nor will you.
I am never nor will be first to insult. See what happens when you stop.
The very nature of this forum results in you being quoted. You are making a circular argument.

Considering that you do insult people, how can you expect me to believe you didn't start it off. But you insult the intelligence of every intelligent person that has posted on here with your refusal to provide data, listen to reason and consider belief over evidence.

Level 9

#124339 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Try quoting me on that. You won't.
I already did in response to the very post that seemed as if it was written in a drug induced stupor.

Level 9

#124340 Dec 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts have you provided confirming what caused the crater slough?
I am still waiting for you to provide data that the crater slough was the result of a global flood as you have often and repeatedly claimed.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#124341 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you acknowledged that we only have a small number of several inch diameter peeks into the ice caps, and they show melt layers throughout the global flood timeframe?
We have enough and they should all show a massive disruption as 4500 years and they do not.
You need to explain how that could happen if your extraordinary hypothesis is true.
You have not.
Have you acknowledged that the diversity in the human mtDNA genome is dependent upon the uncertain (and that doesn't necessarily include varying) mutation rate?
There is not huge uncertainty in the mutation rate as it is readily observable by looking at mtDNA in living humans and seeing how many vary from their mothers'. Its been done. If there is any measurement error, its certainly not in the region of 30x magnitude difference required to compress 150K into 5K.
I would readily accept that a new measure might change the estimate by 5% or 10% but certainly not by 3000%
I'm ready, willing, and want to listen objectively to the Hindu and conclude accordingly.
You might believe that of yourself but I very much doubt it. You would in fact apply the same scrutiny to the claims made by the Hindus as we do to yours, and find them sorely wanting, as we do to yours. You dismiss the Quran (rightly) on the basis of one maths error made, but ignore the errors of your own favoured text. You have a double standard, and its hypocritical.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#124342 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Genesis presents the flood as an historical event and Jesus referred to it as such, it is necessary that the flood happened just as the talking donkey happened however the talking actually took place.
That is assuming Genesis was always right and Jesus was always right.

And of course, you have merely, unwittingly, proven that Jesus was not always right.

Christians who hold onto their money instead of giving it all away, plan for tomorrow unlike the lillies of the field, remain friends with their parents, and go to the doctor when they are sick hoping for medicine not prayers, will be highly relieved to hear that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124343 Dec 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you commented on it. I thought my eyes were going bad.
It read like a fictional collaboration between H.P. Lovecraft and Dr. Suess.

More like a fictional collaboration between H.P. Lovecraft on acid and Dr. Suess on crack.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124344 Dec 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He believes in the talking jackass because he is one.

Very insightful.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#124345 Dec 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Balaam did what, apparently?
The incident is reported as happening. I'm not claiming it didn't.

As already determined, it is quite reasonable that you would believe in yourself; i.e. a talking ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Aura Mytha 222,260
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr Eagle 12 - 32,459
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Science 78,741
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 22 hr Eagle 12 - 1,411
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! Sat Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web