It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162987 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

United States

#124042 Dec 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are claiming there are differences in the regions of the mt genome. You should move to Washington, they need a cheery picker like you.
The differences are functional, as you have described, not structural. A technically savvy person would realize that, and its significance.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#124043 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unaware of such. My expectation was that I was coining the term.
I see. "Coining the term". Is that what you call it? We generally refer to it as bullshit.
KAB

United States

#124044 Dec 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let's cut to the chase.
How many genetic bottlenecks at 4,500 YBP do you have evidence for?
That'd be none, yes?
You need ALL of them.
Is it possible that one estimated as 10,000 could actually have occurred at 4,500? I encourage you to answer scientifically.
KAB

United States

#124045 Dec 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Let's start easy.
Pick a species, any species, which shows a bottleneck aroun 4.500 YBP. And leave the cheetahs alone.
African buffalo
KAB

United States

#124046 Dec 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
"Demise" being define as coming to the realization that any further discussion with KAB is a complete waste of time and it would be more productive to try to teach calculus to squirrels.
That's one possibility.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#124047 Dec 18, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying its not about whether someone lied concerning their personal situation. The only lies I care about - or can verify- on this forum are those made about the science we are discussing. The rest I'll take at face value for the most part.
True indeedy.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#124048 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you constrain yourself to speaking for yourself you will avoid misrepresenting me. If you want my position on something, you can ask instead of foolishly incorrectly telling me what it is.
Pointing out the fact that evidence is irrelevant to your position is not a misrepresentation. Apologies if you have difficulty in understanding me, I speak English.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#124049 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be missing a basic point. There is not necessarily TOO MUCH DIVERSITY since the time needed to achieve the existing diversity depends on mutation rate which is not confirmed.
Sure there's too much diversity.

In fact come to think of it the existence of any life at all would be too much diversity.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#124050 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
African buffalo
You mean when Africa dried out about 4500 years ago - when the savannahs dried up - leading to a decline in the population? That bottleneck?

Please explain how a drier climate was caused by a global flood.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#124051 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that one estimated as 10,000 could actually have occurred at 4,500? I encourage you to answer scientifically.
That wasn't a question - or even a sentence.

One wht?
Estimated by whom?
10,00 what?

*Define your effing terms!!!*

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#124052 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
African buffalo
Wrong.
Caffer synceros has never even had a pan-African genome study done.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#124053 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already quoted the verse confirming otherwise. Thank you. Your agonizing attempt to maintain otherwise helps me to further appreciate why you generally don't provide data. It virtually always contributes to showing the opposite of your assertion.
You mean that killing everything on the earth doesn't support that God intended to kill everything on the face of the earth.

It is noteworthy that you don't provide the data, since it doesn't support your position.

Level 9

#124054 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The differences are functional, as you have described, not structural. A technically savvy person would realize that, and its significance.
No wonder you keep asking stupid questions. You aren't technically savvy.

Level 9

#124055 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unaware of such. My expectation was that I was coining the term.
A dataless assertion in support of a dataless assertion.

Level 9

#124056 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already answered each point when it was presented, as I did with all the points on Tangled's and the Guy's lists. Finally, they summarized their lists, repeated them ad nauseum, and then they were no more.
I don't recall that you addressed all points previously presented, but are seriously wanting to call the wrong answers you provided for some of these to be considered answering them.

In each case, data was presented that you failed to refute. You have offered nothing substantial in the way of supporting your claim that there was a global flood 4500 ybp. At best, token data, but really no data from you at all.

Level 9

#124057 Dec 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer this scientifically. We can't show you where your wrong if you keep avoiding the questions.
defender

Toledo, OH

#124058 Dec 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you answer this scientifically. We can't show you where your wrong if you keep avoiding the questions.
Who is we?... The others attempt to answer but you offer nothing but school yard insults which btw any fifth grader could do better at...
KAB

United States

#124059 Dec 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out the fact that evidence is irrelevant to your position is not a misrepresentation. Apologies if you have difficulty in understanding me, I speak English.
My position is not "that the Bible is true cuz the Bible sez so".
KAB

United States

#124060 Dec 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when Africa dried out about 4500 years ago - when the savannahs dried up - leading to a decline in the population? That bottleneck?
Please explain how a drier climate was caused by a global flood.
The flood receded within a year, and could have triggered significant climate changes.
KAB

United States

#124061 Dec 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That wasn't a question - or even a sentence.
One wht?
Estimated by whom?
10,00 what?
*Define your effing terms!!!*
MY terms maintain the continuity from YOUR question. Did you forget your question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Science 222,188
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Science 78,578
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 26 min Science 1,371
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 1 hr Science 791
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,430
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web