It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 161966 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#123454 Dec 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how much Bob is enjoying your unravelling Doc. You can take comfort, however, in knowing that Tangled and the Guy are waiting on the other side.

Tangled and Guy have not been around lately. They are MIA on several forums and not just here. I suppose you have the delusion that you drove them off or something. Yeah, they had to run like hell to get away from giving you daily beatings. Thir por fists gots sos batterd & brused.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123455 Dec 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
We're already negotiating the first step of evidence. When there's agreement we'll take the next step. You can bail whenever you want.

Reminder: we are done. Maybe you're frigid.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#123457 Dec 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Good answer. Do you agree that buoyancy involves objects placed in media which can flow?
Typical Word Weasel's gamesmanship. Ask stupid question after stupid question until someone gives an ambiguous answer then jump all over it. What a putz.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#123458 Dec 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
We're already negotiating the first step of evidence. When there's agreement we'll take the next step. You can bail whenever you want.
Once again, there is no negotiation. You will either state your case or you will not. It has nothing to do with my participation.

If you can't provide any support for your claim, I understand. I myself have not found any evidence that supports a global flood occurring during the last 100,000 years.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#123459 Dec 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, there is no negotiation. You will either state your case or you will not. It has nothing to do with my participation.
If you can't provide any support for your claim, I understand. I myself have not found any evidence that supports a global flood occurring during the last 100,000 years.
You neither??? Imagine that.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123460 Dec 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read the Bible some time.
We do get to decide. Balls in our court. At least according to the Bible. But JWs worship and follow the WBTS and are not interested in what the Bible says but rather what the WBTS says about it.
Can God hear my prayers?
Warning: I have a quote from the Watchtower including the date.
Do you mean I should read 1 Corinthians 9:25-27?

Also, God can hear anyone's prayers.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123461 Dec 3, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Word Weasel's gamesmanship. Ask stupid question after stupid question until someone gives an ambiguous answer then jump all over it. What a putz.
You are so inattentive and/or lacking in comprehension, doubtless related to your uncontrollable bias.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123462 Dec 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean I should read 1 Corinthians 9:25-27?

What is that but a another verse you do not follow???
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Also, God can hear anyone's prayers.

You sure about that?
Try John 9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

So Yahweh cannot hear you.

But don't worry. I will pray for you.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123463 Dec 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that but a another verse you do not follow???
<quoted text>
You sure about that?
Try John 9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
So Yahweh cannot hear you.
But don't worry. I will pray for you.
You seem to be confusing what Yahweh can do with what he chooses to do.

Level 9

#123464 Dec 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How many lobotomies have you audited?
My father once joked, "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy". Since he didn't drink, I am guessing that a lobotomy is not at all pleasant.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#123465 Dec 4, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so inattentive and/or lacking in comprehension, doubtless related to your uncontrollable bias.
KAB exhibiting the height of hypocrisy. Again.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123466 Dec 4, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be confusing what Yahweh can do with what he chooses to do.

Not at all.

Want more?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123467 Dec 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>My father once joked, "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy". Since he didn't drink, I am guessing that a lobotomy is not at all pleasant.

Actually, they are very minor surgeries would not seem to be especially painful.

They were considered a wonder when they first started doing them as they seemed to have no side effects. But that was wrong.
KAB

United States

#123468 Dec 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Want more?
Please, no more unless accompanied by what you at least think is confirming data or reference to such apecific data.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123469 Dec 4, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, no more unless accompanied by what you at least think is confirming data or reference to such apecific data.

Already provided.

Yours is another admission that you have nothing and can't even defend your cult. Nay, you even disagree with them!!

Wait till your district overseer hears of this. Obviously the local peons give you leave but you owe "double honor", to the overseer.

How much is a 'double honor'? In dollars and sense (no error)?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#123470 Dec 4, 2013
Using novel techniques to extract and study ancient DNA researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, have determined an almost complete mitochondrial genome sequence of a 400,000-year-old representative of the genus Homo from Sima de los Huesos, a unique cave site in Northern Spain, and found that it is related to the mitochondrial genome of Denisovans, extinct relatives of Neandertals in Asia.

<small cut/paste snippet. full article at link below>

http://phys.org/news/2013-12-oldest-hominin-d...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123471 Dec 4, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible...

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/question...

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g...

Lastly, why should I care what JW's believe as they are not real Christians and are going to "burn in hell" (albet that is not literal).

Level 9

#123472 Dec 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Already provided.
Yours is another admission that you have nothing and can't even defend your cult. Nay, you even disagree with them!!
Wait till your district overseer hears of this. Obviously the local peons give you leave but you owe "double honor", to the overseer.
How much is a 'double honor'? In dollars and sense (no error)?
Sounds like a pyramid scheme. Do they sell products like Amway?
KAB

United States

#123473 Dec 4, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible...
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/question...
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g...
Lastly, why should I care what JW's believe as they are not real Christians and are going to "burn in hell" (albet that is not literal).
Thanks for the references, although I'm not sure what you are seeking to confirm.
KAB

United States

#123474 Dec 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a pyramid scheme. Do they sell products like Amway?
It's not surprising that you would be foolish enough to seek accurate info from Dr. D.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 min Nemesis 119
News Fearfully and wonderfully made 4 min David Jay Jordan 9
News 300,000 year-old "early Homo sapiens" sparks de... 5 min Subduction Zone 26
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 8 min Subduction Zone 296
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Nemesis 74,786
How can we prove God exists, or does not? (May '15) 28 min Will 504
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,063
More from around the web