It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160270 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#123152 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have flattened the planet and bult up mountains. You have had unimaginable quantities of water flood the planet then recede. You cannot account for the lack of geological evidence. You cannot account for the lack of bottlenecks. In sort, you can't account for a damn thing.
Mean while science - remember science Mr Not Technically Savvy - goes on to detect ancient flood after flood and tectonic plate movement billions of years in the past.
And you have nothing.
<quoted text>
{yawn}
Props Sqaured!

Level 9

#123153 Nov 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A small needle can float due to surface tension of the water.
Water can rise through a tube against the force of gravity due to capillary action.
Water can boil at temperatures below 100C and remain a liquid at temperatures both below 0C and above 100C.
A buoyant object can remain submerged due to bottom suction.(Similar to wringing Johansson gauges.)
Because something can does not infer that is likely or even possible given unsuitable conditions - unless you are KAB arguing against reason, probabilities and common sense.
It's part of KAB's ruse to over-exaggerate what seem to be exceptions to the rules in order to support that which is unreal.
KAB likes to find some tiny crack to crawl in and defend, however implausible or improbable that crack may be. KAB is a crack addict.

Level 9

#123154 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I suppose this is what passes for brilliance in JW circles.
It must be since real brilliance passes JW circles.

Level 9

#123155 Nov 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He cannot account for where all the water came from nor to where it all went.
Don't mind me. I am just piling on.
I believe it was in a giant, suborbital cloud floating around the earth, increasing pressure and temperature to the point that there was no life on earth when the flood finally came.

I don't know where all that water went, though I am sure I got billed for some of it.

Level 9

#123156 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Water unevenly melting layers on the ice cap is not in question. What is is if and how the discontinuity would manifest itself in every 5 inch diameter ice core independently extracted from the hundreds of thousands of square miles of ice cap? What does your god of common sense tell you to datalessly assert about that?
Looks like you have some work to do finding data to support your assertion that it was all washed completely away from every ice cap on earth. Don't forget to support the existence of this discontinuity seen in all the cores. Or more to the point, why it isn't seen.

It is time for you to hit a phone booth and change into your costume.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123157 Nov 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Technically savvy" is not evidenced by beginning with a false statement and tailoring it step by step to a false conclusion.
"Technically savvy" is not evidenced by beginning with a false question and ignoring every evidence which demonstrates it as false.
I do not engage in the step-by-step explanations because you are unwilling to accept them and I'm unwilling to waste time and screen space providing them.
What false statement do you have in mind?

What is a false question?

I not only accept step-by-step explanations, but I am ready, willing, and desirous of engaging in them. Since you're not pursuing this from a scientific perspective I can understand your reluctance to risk using the step-by-step process.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123158 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have flattened the planet and bult up mountains. You have had unimaginable quantities of water flood the planet then recede. You cannot account for the lack of geological evidence. You cannot account for the lack of bottlenecks. In sort, you can't account for a damn thing.
Mean while science - remember science Mr Not Technically Savvy - goes on to detect ancient flood after flood and tectonic plate movement billions of years in the past.
And you have nothing.
<quoted text>
{yawn}
Were the detected floods you reference upwelling type floods, or does the evidence relate to conventional flow from higher to lower elevation, and how fast were the plates moving billions of years ago? I have accounted for the apparent lack of geological evidence and bottlenecks. Anything else?

Level 9

#123159 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the detected floods you reference upwelling type floods, or does the evidence relate to conventional flow from higher to lower elevation, and how fast were the plates moving billions of years ago? I have accounted for the apparent lack of geological evidence and bottlenecks. Anything else?
Do you know of any upwelling floods with no rain.

You have not accounted for the lack of geological evidence or for the lack of genetic bottlenecks that should be there and aren't. How have you done this seemingly miraculous thing? Closed your eyes and farted?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#123160 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Water unevenly melting layers on the ice cap is not in question. What is is if and how the discontinuity would manifest itself in every 5 inch diameter ice core independently extracted from the hundreds of thousands of square miles of ice cap? What does your god of common sense tell you to datalessly assert about that?
Quite easily actually.

Global variables such as CO2 concentration changes will show consistently in the ice cores. If there is a weird discontinuity at 4500 years so that just beneath it the layers show different readings (because at 1 site, 500 years of ice data was washed away and the next layer down is from 5000ya, while at another site 1000 years was washed away so the next layer down is at 5500 ya, etc), then it would soon become obvious that there was some great discontinuity event circa 4500 years ago.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123161 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witn...
So much for a demonstrably reliable religion.
My statement on JW position correctness was too broad. I had in mind Bible principles, commands, and directions. There have been errant expectations on fulfillment of prophecy.

BTW, It's the Bible I have referred to as demonstrably reliable.

Level 9

#123162 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement on JW position correctness was too broad. I had in mind Bible principles, commands, and directions. There have been errant expectations on fulfillment of prophecy.
BTW, It's the Bible I have referred to as demonstrably reliable.
Back to this unscrupulous declaration of unsupported fantasy.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123163 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Then provide irrefutable evidence of a global flood about 4500 years ago.
I've already provided irrefutable evidence of a global flood about 4500 years ago.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123164 Nov 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I suppose this is what passes for brilliance in JW circles.
I just answer the questions. Simple answers often suffice for simple questions.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#123165 Nov 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you have some work to do finding data to support your assertion that it was all washed completely away from every ice cap on earth. Don't forget to support the existence of this discontinuity seen in all the cores. Or more to the point, why it isn't seen.
It is time for you to hit a phone booth and change into your costume.
How many ice cores total are there sampling millions of square miles of ice cap? Oh yeah, that's why the discontinuity likely wouldn't be discerned in the ice cores.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#123166 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The water under the oil.

And if the oil is put under the water...?

The denial of reality is your specialty.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123167 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

There would be no ice cores if the mythical flood had been real.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123168 Nov 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>KAB likes to find some tiny crack to crawl in and defend, however implausible or improbable that crack may be. KAB is a crack addict.

He is so used to dishonesty he could go longer without breathing longer than he could without lying.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123169 Nov 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It must be since real brilliance passes JW circles.

Remember that JW's have the lowest average education of any tracked religion in the U.S. They prey on that demographic as they are easy to dupe and easy to keep duped. In his own circle KAB is above average. But that only shows how low the average is in that circle.

Level 9

#123170 Nov 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many ice cores total are there sampling millions of square miles of ice cap? Oh yeah, that's why the discontinuity likely wouldn't be discerned in the ice cores.
So you are defending something you have no evidence to support. Never would have seen that coming.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#123171 Nov 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it was in a giant, suborbital cloud floating around the earth, increasing pressure and temperature to the point that there was no life on earth when the flood finally came.
I don't know where all that water went, though I am sure I got billed for some of it.

Marksman proposed a 'firmament' of ice that melted.....

Marksman was nearly as dishonest as KAB and, if possible, even dumber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Aura Mytha 220,617
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 27 min Subduction Zone 61,244
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 46 min Aura Mytha 28,316
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 11 hr Subduction Zone 2,675
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Thu Regolith Based Li... 99
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mar 16 Dogen 180,394
How can we prove God exists, or does not? (May '15) Mar 15 fransherrell 227
More from around the web