It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#122937 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I have posted sites where scientists say that galciers flow. You are the one who now wants to make an extraordinary claim. It is your turn to provide one whit of evidence that supports you.
My minimal evidence defeats your no evidence hands down.
You make it so easy to defeat you since you never do any work yourself. I do wish sometimes that you could give me a challenge that would make me have to work.
So far you haven't.
Glacier flowing is not in dispute. What is is whether they freeze to underlying rock. Your references did not address that. Now you have the work you wanted to do. You needn't thank me for the assistance.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#122938 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the square area of the Greenland Ice Sheet? Do you know the diameter of an ice core? Do you know how many ice cores have been extracted down to at least the 4500 ybp level? What'd be the chances of hitting sludge which didn't get flushed away from the core locations?
BTW, I assure you there are 4500 ybp sediment layers all over the earth but not in every specific location one might choose to look. Things do change over the course of 4500 years.

Geologically speaking 4500 ybp is yesterday. Not much changes in a day.

But please do continue to demonstrate your ignorance. We live for this crap.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122939 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the references you provided. Deformation is the key word. Isn't that one way in which solids can move?

Are we still talking about it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122940 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "meets water"?

I would look into the web for that knowledge.

-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122941 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this leading to confirming data, or are we just supposed to accept your assertions which I don't and won't?

I don't know. Are we?
-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122942 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Until either of us provides confirming data, we are data even, and the answer may be either. I can live with that. Can you?

This is both a lie and an admission that being ignorant is just fine with you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122943 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have provided no data confirming glacial ice cannot be frozen to its base. Your two recent references gave no such analysis and made no such claim, did they? If you think otherwise, provide the specific statement/passage/section references.

Who are you talking about?

-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122944 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there are no melt layers in the ice cores, that the snow on the ice sheets never melts?

I've never heard of them before.
-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122945 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Those stats you gave for ice deformation. Is that another term for fracture?

Did for ice deformation keep it?

-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122946 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked back thru last Thursday. No ice reference from you. Perhaps you had in mind the one you hoped you would find but didn't.

What happened to it?

-chatbot

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122947 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I just follow the data step-by-step so as not to fall/jump off the path to the truth. You start with your conclusion and just keep asserting it with disjointed declarations. I grant you that your conclusion is what is overwhelmingly popularly believed, but then people, in general, are overwhelmingly not technically oriented/savvy. Please try getting to your conclusion scientifically. It might be helpful to enlist an expert as a guide. It doesn't seem that anyone among you and your comrades qualifies.

Right now I am kicking your but with a bot.

Seems you are not so technically savvy. In fact you are only good at lying and nothing else. Actually you are a weak liar too as we can see through them so easily.

You post to make yourself feel better. How sad your life is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122948 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion.

Do you mind if I tell other people you say I am entitled to your opinion?- Chatbot.

You are entitled to your uneducated opinion.
- Dogen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122949 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Glacier flowing is not in dispute. What is is whether they freeze to underlying rock. Your references did not address that. Now you have the work you wanted to do. You needn't thank me for the assistance.

I have already demonstrated that it would not matter if it was super glued to the underlying rock. It would not be enough to hold the ice down. But you are not technically savvy enough to read English and read it.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#122950 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You have no clue where major ice sheets end?
They end with water under the edges.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#122951 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion.
Not an opinion. That is a fact.

You have lost. By the rules of debate you have lost. By the rules of reality you have lost. In your little mind you may not think that you have lost yet, but that is the only place in this universe that you have not lost.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#122952 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
They end with water under the edges.
What kind of water?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#122953 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to. We know how vast ice sheets move over land from the marks left on ground by retreating glaciers. By the way, they don't retreat because the ice moves backward. We can observe by the striations on rocks that part of their flow is a sliding along the ground. They both flow and slide. They are never "frozen to the ground". That is one of the more idiotic claims that I have ever heard. If an ice mass was frozen to the ground the stress from flowing ice would quickly pull it lose.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#122954 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of water?
Salt water.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#122955 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to. We know how vast ice sheets move over land from the marks left on ground by retreating glaciers. By the way, they don't retreat because the ice moves backward. We can observe by the striations on rocks that part of their flow is a sliding along the ground. They both flow and slide. They are never "frozen to the ground". That is one of the more idiotic claims that I have ever heard. If an ice mass was frozen to the ground the stress from flowing ice would quickly pull it lose.
You haven't provided confirming data for glacial ice never frozen to the ground or for very slow glacial ice movement quickly pulling the ice loose from rock to which it may be frozen. BTW, how does the ice manage to gouge those scratches into the rock surfaces?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#122956 Nov 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't provided confirming data for glacial ice never frozen to the ground or for very slow glacial ice movement quickly pulling the ice loose from rock to which it may be frozen. BTW, how does the ice manage to gouge those scratches into the rock surfaces?

Nor is such necessary since I demonstrated that it does not matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Birds Evolved From Dinosaurs Slowly—Then Took Off 58 min emrenil 7
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Dogen 176,841
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr JM_Brazil 149,386
Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... 4 hr Denisova 611
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Denisova 16,707
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 6 hr Denisova 1,345
Brainwashed: Christian school taught Intelligen... 6 hr Denisova 6
More from around the web