It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
120,361 - 120,380 of 136,371 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122538 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He focus on the wording and not on the meaning. He will go after a punctuation error and miss the entire point of a post...by design!
He simply cannot deal with the reality.
Sometimes I think he isn't even human. More often that not, he sounds like ELIZA, the old DOS psychoanalytic program that twists all of your statements back at you as questions.
Doesn't Topix have a rule against bots? Why doesn't it encompass godbots?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122539 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be no upward force if the water can't get under the ice sheet, and what would prevent the salty sludge from being washed off the sheet?
Is this a segue to your next proposal, "Why the global flood couldn't find the Hallstatt salt mine."?
KAB

United States

#122540 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotcha!
Yes it does.
Now, how does gravity which pulls down on the ice column produce the upward force on that ice column?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122541 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a distortion (aka a lie).
But gravity IS the ultimate cause.
No gravity = no problem with density.
Again, you have to lie, distort, twist, dodge, hide, ignore.... just to pretend to stay in the game.
Let me put this to you:
If you are FORCED by your mind control cult to lie
AND IF Satan is the author of all lies then:X
[solve for X]
Anyone know where we can have this type of discussion where there is a minimum knowledge and ethical requirement?
The House Committee on Science.
KAB

United States

#122542 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pond liner manufacturers design liners not to float"
You are on the wrong track. You need to demonstrate that tons of upward force will not separate ice from a base.
first you have to generate the tons of upward force.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#122543 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
When you push the balloon against the floor, does it really form an airtight seal, and does the elasticity of the balloon disappear, and is there really no portion of the balloon's surface facing downward yet not in contact with the floor? These are just some technical issues you wouldn't be expected to understand/appreciate since you're so not technically savvy.
C'mon, KAB. I'm just messing with you. I'd no more attempt a serious discussion with a Witness than I would with a fire hydrant or a bucket of paint.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#122544 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, how does gravity which pulls down on the ice column produce the upward force on that ice column?
{FACE/PALM}

Is gravity also affecting the MORE DENSE *water* that the iceberg is suspended in?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122545 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
first you have to generate the tons of upward force.
No, first YOU have to prove that every single glacier on Earth that is over 5,000 years old was "adhered to the ground." The buoyancy comes as soon as you add your inundation of water.
KAB

United States

#122546 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Water is displaced no matter where the ice is in the water.
Ice that is out of the water does not displace it.
I tire of you playing stupid. Which is not to say that you are not very good at it.
But seriously, a good remedial book on physics would help you massively.
The discussion was about displacing the ice, not the water. I never tire of watching you fail to pay attention and/or comprehend.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122547 Nov 12, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
{FACE/PALM}
Is gravity also affecting the MORE DENSE *water* that the iceberg is suspended in?
Gravity is also affecting the column of air above the body of water, so you have a head start of >22,000 lbs/m2 at sea level.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122548 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was about displacing the ice, not the water. I never tire of watching you fail to pay attention and/or comprehend.
Do you think that aircraft carriers float by displacing steel and airplanes?
You don't want to comprehend displacement of water because...?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#122549 Nov 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! Well done!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122550 Nov 12, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, KAB. I'm just messing with you. I'd no more attempt a serious discussion with a Witness than I would with a fire hydrant or a bucket of paint.
Hmm.. Roughly 1" of rain = 10" of snow. That means that the amount of snow falling near the poles during KAB's Glib-al rain event would be on the order of an >absolute minimum< of 10 feet per hour for 960 hours. It's either that or a near complete thaw of the permafrost... which was it, KAB? Don't be skeert to link yer data.
KAB

United States

#122551 Nov 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Basic math error again.
You are looking at the adhesive surface area. That expands in a liner fashion. Volume increases geometrically.
You are trying to dodge your way out of another basic science error. What you are saying is true, but it is not what is being discussed in context.
As you note, what I stated is true, unlike what you stated.
KAB

United States

#122552 Nov 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you tried.. and you got it half right. I did word it poorly and I posted before I caught it. Volume does not scale up 1:1, so the mass within that volume does not scale up 1:1. This is elementary and has been explained to you.
Volume and mass are not synonymous. Water ice and water liquid are the same thing, but equal masses do not occupy the same volume, especially when the ice contains air pockets. That means they have different displacements and the ice is buoyant. The larger the ice mass, the more buoyancy it has. And this has all been explained to you, as well.
I get the impression that you are probably a southerner and that all you know about ice could fit in a soda glass.
Depending on what you intend some of your phrases to mean, you may have gotten this one right except for the southerner part.
KAB

United States

#122553 Nov 12, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 6:7 (ESV)
7 So the Lord said,I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.
Genesis 6:17 (ESV)
17 For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die.
Yes, yes....I understand now.
That makes it much clearer. Instead of killing every Man, woman, child on earth as well as all the animals, He kills every Man, woman, child on earth as well as all the animals.....
...wait, WHAT?
It appeared earlier that someone was trying to throw in the aquatic creatures and plants.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#122554 Nov 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
His entire argument is under it.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#122555 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appeared earlier that someone was trying to throw in the aquatic creatures and plants.
Because they aren't on the earth or of it. I see now.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#122556 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB, there's a reason I rarely respond to your lunacy.

That was it.

See, the water is denser than the ice, so the gravity is more effective on the water.

So the net effect on the ice is upwards.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#122557 Nov 12, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense. Even if they happen to be located near a coast for millenia, many plants and fishes couldn't survive the inevitable intrusion of brackish water - and since ice didn't float in those days because gravity pulls down on it, there wouldn't be any floes for the polar bears and penguins to rest on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min deutscher Nationa... 115,306
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 18 min One way or another 172,602
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 37 min The Dude 222
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 2 hr Chimney1 326
Science News (Sep '13) Aug 28 positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••