It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162986 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#121929 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprisingly, you managed all that without a single shred of data!
Wow.

Just....wow.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#121930 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
This brings an important question to mind. Are you striving to be like dataless Dr. D?
It may be important to you, but without confirming data, your assertion is pointless. I provide all the data necessary to undermine your position. It is not my fault that you can't defend it. You don't seem very technically savvy. Perhaps there is another cult member you can turn to for help with the technical details.

Level 9

#121931 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What the oceans would do as they rose slowly and steadily everywhere at once and then subsided slowly is not an opinion. It is physical fact. Of course, one may express any opinion about what happens, but that won't change the observable reality.
You fail as always to provide data to back up your baseless assertion that flooding occurs from below. There is no observable reality where this has occurred. Floods occur largely from rainfall, but may be from melt water, earthquake or mass movement among others. This has been observed and is so well known it does not require further supporting data even for a drudge like you.

Level 9

#121932 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your suggestions wouldn't work for me. I have an aversion to lying.
You show a remarkable ability to overcome that aversion.

Level 9

#121933 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Try filling a basin on Earth slowly and steadily from the bottom.
Poor example. Basins don't fill from the bottom. Are you trying to say that you believe the earth is or was shaped like a basin? Where is the data for that. I see no supporting data. Nothing can be concluded because of your continued failure to provide data.

Level 9

#121934 Nov 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Just....wow.
In KAB's world, Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy were hired to hunt down serial killers, Lindsey Lohan is the the worlds greatest actress and George W. Bush spearheaded an administration that lead to 100 years of economic prosperity and cultural advance.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#121935 Nov 2, 2013
Why are you people wasting your time debating pointless arguments? Evolution and Creationism is a moot point. You will never reconcile your differences in these threads. In fact, I will stay away from these threads from now on.

Why isn't there a debate about what drugs works best to treat disorders and diseases or how to cure cancer and what causes mental disorders and how to cure it. You all are insane!
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121936 Nov 2, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And the evidence for the upwelling flood? What happened to that? Did you forget all about it, loony?
I don't know what evidence of an upwelling flood would be.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121937 Nov 2, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Word Weasel strikes again. All flood evidence is local to its location. Funny that you seem to think this is a significant point.
Duh!
Duh!
Duh!
You really don't need to rack up any more stupid points, you already got tons.
Well at least you broke ranks with Dr. D. That's encouraging.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121938 Nov 2, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why you are a confirmed liar. Dan may have mentioned it but you know damn right well it's been part of the discussion form the beginning. Liars are such despicable turds.
Smitty set the bounds of the challenge. I just complied with them.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121939 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your suggestions wouldn't work for me. I have an aversion to lying.
That explains something I've wondered about. Is that why you don't cut and paste reams from the Watchtower the way "normal" JW's do? The other cultists might look at you funny, but don't let it bother you - refer them to me and I'll vouch that your aversion to facts and data makes up for it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#121940 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprisingly, you managed all that without a single shred of data!
I've wasted enough data on you. I'm not playing your stupid games.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#121941 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

So you admit you're just talking out your ass. No evidence. No freaking DATA. Just fairy tail nonsense.

Thanks for admitting you're simply a fraud. We knew that but good to see a tiniest glimmer of honesty.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#121942 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you will find he and I are in complete agreement. Your inability to understand the context of an answer is not our problem.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121943 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you are starting to recognizeworks and hopefully accept, that mutation rates and estimates of such vary by orders of magnitude, so a researcher can generally get the answer he wants by
selecting the mutation rate which gives it to him.
Apparently, you do not know too far since I have not yet found any direct mother-daughter mutation observation data. I know the expectation is that there would usually not be any difference, but I haven't yet found any data demonstrating that to be the case.
No, that is not how it works. You cannot get the answer you "want" by changing the mutation rate. There is only one correct answer, whatever that happens to be.

As I said, parts that do not mutate at all woyld give no answer and parts that mutate too fast would give no pattern. You have to find part that do give a pattern....THEN find out their mutatuon rate by looking at how much they vary from mother to daughter today, THEN extrapolaate that back to a timescale determined by the rate found.

Now, if it was discovered that the parts found to give a pattern that works were mutating much faster than originally estimatedTHEN You would scale down your age estimate accordingly.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121944 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Five miles of rise and fall over the short period of roughly one year would leave massive evidence.
Where is your massive evidence?
We have already gone over why it would take over 5 miles of water so let's not play that game again.
What would the global flood evidence be? Also, if you want to believe that Everest has always been about 5 miles high and/or risen at a constant rate for about the past 5000 years, go right ahead. If you want to prove it, that's a different matter.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121946 Nov 2, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't explained any. I have shown that you don't comprehend material in references that you provide, but then you lie to cover up when your ignorance is exposed.
You have the skills of a second rate con artist and you don't even use those very well. The weakness of the cult you belong to is the very thing it requires of its member victims. Stupidity.
While you are entitled to your opinion that you explain technical points, there is no data to show that you have done so. I can only work with data and you avoid providing data.
Most recent technical point explained for you, so you could comprehend your thinking was incorrect,

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121947 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

As all river floods are of this nature it should be easy to find out. Generally you have a lots of mixed sediment, clumps of decaying organic material and erosion, just for a few evidences.

It does not take complex science to refute flood myths. Basic common sense will do it. However that capacity is generally lacking in mind control cult members.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121948 Nov 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually, he is in complete agreement with what I was saying.

But I realize it would take a modicum of technical savvy to discern that, so....
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121949 Nov 2, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I see the confirming data of your post initiating reference to archaeology. A rare offering of data from you. Thank you for confirming that.
I do owe you a bit of an apology. Apparently it was Chimney's recent reference to archaeology which predated mine. Thanks for drawing my attention to that, sort of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Endofdays 78,558
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 9 min Endofdays 789
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 min Eagle 12 - 1,362
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min Agents of Corruption 222,158
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,431
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web