It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150632 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#121838 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What amuses me is that anyone thinks its relevant.
Yes, it wouldn't change anything about his contribution to science or the science itself.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121839 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagination..... I KNOW This--- Anything you can Imagine Is Possible...And there are things beyond your ability to Imagine that are possible. The Supreme Being has NO boundaries, and Nothing is beyond his ability.
Your Most intelligent scientist is a complete imbecile compared to God.
You can imagine to your heart's delight, which you obviously and literally do.
Since there is not a mote of evidence to the contrary, one can just as easily and accurately say that a chunk of crater sidewall detritus is a towering intellect compared to Jehovah.

(BTW & FYI, Moses is not credited with writing any part of the Pentateuch.)

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#121840 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagination..... I KNOW This--- Anything you can Imagine Is Possible...And there are things beyond your ability to Imagine that are possible. The Supreme Being has NO boundaries, and Nothing is beyond his ability.
Imagine that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121841 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
MikeF, Look Again.....Moses was taught the Ancient Egyptian Religion. Before Moses there was NO Jewish Religion, other than the bits and pieces they had borrowed from other people.
Ancient Egyptian creation myths - Wikipedia, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_creati... - Similar to Ancient Egyptian creation myths - Wikipedia, the ...
The ancient Egyptians had many creator gods and associated legends.... of a particular god in one of the major cities of Egypt: Hermopolis, Heliopolis,... but the eight lesser gods, and all other things in the world, were ultimately ... Amun eventually became the supreme god of the Egyptian pantheon because of this belief.
[ More results from en.wikipedia.org ]
The God of Gods | The Unspoken Bible
www.usbible.com/God/god_of_gods.htm - Similar to The God of Gods | The Unspoken Bible
Modern Christianity arose through the efforts to unify God under one secular authority. There is ... That these lesser beings are not gods is a matter of semantics. By pagan ... According to the Hebrew translation, there were many gods involved in creation..... For example, to the ancient Egyptians, the supreme god was Ra.
The Concept of Monotheism Since Ancient Times
www.submission.info/perspectives/monotheism/m... ...- Similar to The Concept of Monotheism Since Ancient Times
Yet traces of the original monotheism can be found in many, if not all, of these religions.... The Egyptian Book of the Dead demonstrates that the Egyptian people ... number of gods and goddesses and other spiritual powers of a lesser sort ... of spiritual beings organized into a kind of court with one Supreme Being over all.
How does that, in any way, refute my statement that the Egyptian - unlike the Jews - did not practice a monotheistic religion?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121842 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered the amazingly timely unique massive sidewall slough debris in the northern Canadian global scale flood gauge?
Side Response 1 - Are the other catastrophes the same as a global upwelling flood rising slowly over 40 days and subsiding over the course of most of a year?
Side Response 2 - What about an intact ice core precludes a global flood?
These are reasons why nobody objective would accept your position without exploring the part of the situation you don't provide.
I'm surprised you can even spell the word "objective". Certainly something you've never shown any interest in.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121843 Oct 31, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you can even spell the word "objective". Certainly something you've never shown any interest in.
I suspect he keeps a jar of holy water on his desk to put out his fingers when he accidentally types words like "objectivity" and "honesty."

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121844 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you have forgotten it was a one year flood.
Hardly. When we discussed it until we're all blue in the face.
KAB wrote:
Scientifically, a methodology with 500 year resolution would very likely not detect it.
Oh really? Haven't you cited your 'local floods' many times based on exactly the same thing?

We have been able to detect catastrophic flood thousands or millions of years ago. How did your magic stealth flood manage to stay under the radar?
KAB wrote:
Just provide data with capability of detecting a slowly upwelling and subsiding global flood 4500 years ancient.
Please provide data supporting the possibility of an upwelling - slow or otherwise - global flood before we go off the the same pointless wild goose chase.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121845 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing my observation.
And thanks for reinforcing mine.

Funny how you throw out these little quips when you are unable to come up with a more intelligent response.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121846 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The asteroid impact 65 million years ago was a one day event and our time resolution may be as poor as 100, 000 years that far back but still that event left unmistakeable traces detectable today.
A 1 year WWF only 4500 years ago would easily leave huge evidence by comparison.
Precisely!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121847 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anything is possible when you don't know what you're talking about" - Chip Todd

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#121848 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What amuses me is that anyone thinks its relevant.
Gotta admit it's funny, though.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121849 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I cannot prove the Bible is a document provided by the creator of all things anymore than you can prove evolution is the answer for the complete variety of life. This is as it should be (Hebrews 11:6).
What one can do gives no assurance of what he will do.
No matter how I may simplify things, I do not lie to my kids. Do you?

No, evolution CAN prove evolution is the answer for the variety of life.

You have kids? That is another strike in the benevolent God hypothesis.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121850 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I too am not interested in creationist comment. Perhaps the following will help to appease you and assist in making my point while I continue looking for the Parsons paper.
http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2008/01/...

Wow. 2008. Genetics information doubles about every 3 years so that was when we had 1/4 the data we have today.

And it was wrong then. There are thousands of articles on mutation rates.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...

To bad you did not read or did not understand my post earlier on this issue.

Mutation rates depend on environment and DNA length.

Think of mutagens as random bullets and DNA as the target. The bigger the target, the more hits it will take.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#121851 Oct 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does believing in God have to do with the theory of evolution?
Nothing at all, unless you are a Creationist or some other variety of religious literalist.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121852 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think some flood evidence is not local?

Correct. More important I made my statement in correction to your error.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121853 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you have forgotten it was a one year flood. Scientifically, a methodology with 500 year resolution would very likely not detect it. Just provide data with capability of detecting a slowly upwelling and subsiding global flood 4500 years ancient.

This is simply not true. We have evidence of lightening strikes which happen in a fraction of a second from hundreds of millions of years ago.

A global flood would leave global evidence.

We have discussed the nature of this evidence:
sedimentation.
bottlenecks
genetic diversity
lake sediment salinity.
lack of enough water available (including underground, ice, atmosphere,....).

To name only a few methods that have been used to refute your myth.

You simply cling to religious myths that were never intended to be taken literally.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121854 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing my observation.

Thanks for reinforcing ours.

Your desperate desire to defend your cult is amusing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121855 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if the mutation rate is much greater and the migrating pops generally contain a minority of older haps? Shall we move on to the archaeology and history for back-up?

YOUR source indicates a lower mutation rate.

You simply cannot defend on the thousands of fronts.

We have you at every turn.

Thank you science!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121856 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>

And our least intelligent scientists are geniuses compared to you.

What you are saying is that you will believe whatever you want to believe regardless of what the evidence shows. You have that right.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#121857 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
That may even be true. But the problem is that even your most intelligent creationist is a complete imbecile compared to someone with a basic school-level science education. Which is why no-one on Earth, including you, can even demonstrate that your god even exists.

Meaning your claims MIGHT not even be true at all.

The Cosmic Sheep farting the universe into existence is just as valid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 17 hr Thinking 11,668
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 hr ChristineM 195,576
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 hr Thinking 29,545
Humans Performing Dentistry 8000 Years Before F... Wed MIDutch 1
Science News (Sep '13) Tue scientia potentia... 3,621
News Exposing the impotence of the Neo-Darwinian theory (Jan '15) Tue asar 12
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Tue ChristineM 14,570
More from around the web