It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160830 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Wilson, NC

#121823 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. I and others have slapped you down more ways than I can count.
Neither out of ammunition nor belly up. You just like the little snot-nosed kid who keep repeating "Why? Why? Why?". You're not interested in answers. You're just here to pat yourself on the ass.
Thanks for reinforcing my observation.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#121824 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think some flood evidence is not local?
That's a negative argument.

The ACTUAL argument is: is there any (real) evidence for a global flood?

The answer is....of course...."NO".
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121825 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We would expect those older haps to have disappeared if the migrations occurred far further back than under 4500 years ago. But YOU proposed they could disappear faster if only the new hap migrated and then the population staying behind died out. Yeah that would work....if you ignore the facts that there is no reason for the migrating pop to magically only contain the new haps, and just as magically, for this whole scenario to be repeated scores of times over and over with stay ay home populations continually and quickly dying out.
So yes, this scenario of yours as an explanation for the disappearance of all the older haptypes within 4500 years is wildly improbable and worse, archeology and history contradict it anyway.
How about if the mutation rate is much greater and the migrating pops generally contain a minority of older haps? Shall we move on to the archaeology and history for back-up?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#121826 Oct 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He will never admit he is wrong because he is brainwashed and frankly too dumb to break free from its reigns.
I agree. He just gets chewed up and then scrambles onto the next topic for more of the same.

Level 9

#121827 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if the mutation rate is much greater and the migrating pops generally contain a minority of older haps? Shall we move on to the archaeology and history for back-up?
You speak of the mutation rate as if one size fits all. What rates for certain mutations are slower? If the genomic rate is slower then it would potentially push back divergence times and alter conclusions regarding our ancestry, but it would demolish your creationist position even further.

What if's are interesting mental exercises, but they are not evidence. The archaeological and historical evidence indicates that no flood occurred and that the human species is older than 6,000 years.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121828 Oct 30, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
Did Darwin Repent?? Only Darwin Knows for sure.. Darwin was certainly entitled to pull his own little red wagon any way he chose to...
Why does the Bible Have to Be 100% Right or 100% Wrong? I learn enough from it that I believe in a Supreme Being, I believe in Jesus Christ and the Miracles performed by Jesus in the Bible.
I believe God formed Man from the Dust of the Ground, and breathed the Breath of life in him.
I believe the Universe started with the Big Bang, and I believe that God existed for Millions of Millions of Years Before the Big Bang.
I believe that evolution and creation have co-existed in God's Universe, neither to the exclusion of the other.
Science is NOT infallible Now, nor, never was infallible. The very top Medical Scientists probed Abraham Lincoln's brain with a Dirty Wire and their Nasty Germ Ridden Dirty Fingernails.
Most People Dont Realize Darwin Repented On His Knees Jane ...
www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8561.htm - Similar to Most People Dont Realize Darwin Repented On His Knees Jane ...
Jan 28, 2002 ... What most people dont realize is, that Darwin repented on his knees, about everything he taught regarding evolution and humbly received ...
Darwin's Deathbed Conversion—a Legend?- Answers in Genesis
www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1315.asp - Similar to Darwin's Deathbed Conversion—a Legend?- Answers in Genesis
Mar 31, 2009 ... Charles Darwin died in April 1882 and was buried in Westminster Abbey.... If he indeed repented, why did she not make this known? Also ...
The fact is it would be irrelevant whether Darwin disavowed evolution or not. Anyone who understands how science works understands this.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121829 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
When one group splits by some migrating out, there is no reason to assume the group that leaves should have a statistically different hap mix than the one that stays behind. Might happen occasionally by chance in small groups but then a migrating group with a tilt towards the older haps is just as likely or should I say just as unlikely.

As for the accelerated mutation rate, I cannot comment without seeing the original paper.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121831 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you have forgotten it was a one year flood. Scientifically, a methodology with 500 year resolution would very likely not detect it. Just provide data with capability of detecting a slowly upwelling and subsiding global flood 4500 years ancient.
The asteroid impact 65 million years ago was a one day event and our time resolution may be as poor as 100, 000 years that far back but still that event left unmistakeable traces detectable today.

A 1 year WWF only 4500 years ago would easily leave huge evidence by comparison.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121832 Oct 31, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Chimney, try this link.
http://www.bioforensics.com/conference08/mtDN...
Thanks Dan
Savannah Cracker

Savannah, GA

#121833 Oct 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
In your imagination, sure.
But in reality, you're plain wrong.
<quoted text>
You have this the wrong way around. Currently, "God" cannot complete with science. That is why for thousands and thousands of years no-one has been able to demonstrate that any such being even exists.
Your computer does not run on Jewmagic.
Imagination..... I KNOW This--- Anything you can Imagine Is Possible...And there are things beyond your ability to Imagine that are possible. The Supreme Being has NO boundaries, and Nothing is beyond his ability.

Your Most intelligent scientist is a complete imbecile compared to God.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#121834 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagination..... I KNOW This--- Anything you can Imagine Is Possible...And there are things beyond your ability to Imagine that are possible. The Supreme Being has NO boundaries, and Nothing is beyond his ability.
Imagination! Can you show evidence that is real? Of course not but it is real regardless.

What DUD for got to add is that for thousands and thousands of years no-one has been able to demonstrate that any such being does not exist.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121835 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever tried chopping down a fully grown Giant Redwood with a banana?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#121836 Oct 31, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin never "repented", nor did he disavow his Theory of Evolution.
The "Lady Hope" story is a lie.
Even the "Answers in Genesis" crowd acknowledge that.

Point #5.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

Level 6

Location hidden

#121837 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Even the "Answers in Genesis" crowd acknowledge that.
Point #5.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...
What amuses me is that anyone thinks its relevant.

Level 9

#121838 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What amuses me is that anyone thinks its relevant.
Yes, it wouldn't change anything about his contribution to science or the science itself.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121839 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
You can imagine to your heart's delight, which you obviously and literally do.
Since there is not a mote of evidence to the contrary, one can just as easily and accurately say that a chunk of crater sidewall detritus is a towering intellect compared to Jehovah.

(BTW & FYI, Moses is not credited with writing any part of the Pentateuch.)

Level 9

#121840 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121841 Oct 31, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
MikeF, Look Again.....Moses was taught the Ancient Egyptian Religion. Before Moses there was NO Jewish Religion, other than the bits and pieces they had borrowed from other people.
Ancient Egyptian creation myths - Wikipedia, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_creati... - Similar to Ancient Egyptian creation myths - Wikipedia, the ...
The ancient Egyptians had many creator gods and associated legends.... of a particular god in one of the major cities of Egypt: Hermopolis, Heliopolis,... but the eight lesser gods, and all other things in the world, were ultimately ... Amun eventually became the supreme god of the Egyptian pantheon because of this belief.
[ More results from en.wikipedia.org ]
The God of Gods | The Unspoken Bible
www.usbible.com/God/god_of_gods.htm - Similar to The God of Gods | The Unspoken Bible
Modern Christianity arose through the efforts to unify God under one secular authority. There is ... That these lesser beings are not gods is a matter of semantics. By pagan ... According to the Hebrew translation, there were many gods involved in creation..... For example, to the ancient Egyptians, the supreme god was Ra.
The Concept of Monotheism Since Ancient Times
www.submission.info/perspectives/monotheism/m... ...- Similar to The Concept of Monotheism Since Ancient Times
Yet traces of the original monotheism can be found in many, if not all, of these religions.... The Egyptian Book of the Dead demonstrates that the Egyptian people ... number of gods and goddesses and other spiritual powers of a lesser sort ... of spiritual beings organized into a kind of court with one Supreme Being over all.
How does that, in any way, refute my statement that the Egyptian - unlike the Jews - did not practice a monotheistic religion?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121842 Oct 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered the amazingly timely unique massive sidewall slough debris in the northern Canadian global scale flood gauge?
Side Response 1 - Are the other catastrophes the same as a global upwelling flood rising slowly over 40 days and subsiding over the course of most of a year?
Side Response 2 - What about an intact ice core precludes a global flood?
These are reasons why nobody objective would accept your position without exploring the part of the situation you don't provide.
I'm surprised you can even spell the word "objective". Certainly something you've never shown any interest in.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121843 Oct 31, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you can even spell the word "objective". Certainly something you've never shown any interest in.
I suspect he keeps a jar of holy water on his desk to put out his fingers when he accidentally types words like "objectivity" and "honesty."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Aura Mytha 28,472
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 66,324
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 221,195
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Eagle 12 3,417
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 6 hr Dogen 79
What does the theory of evolution state? 6 hr Dogen 103
What are microevolution and macroevolution? 8 hr pshun2404 4
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 11 hr Subduction Zone 137
More from around the web