It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 157534 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121761 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for demonstrating you're not technically savvy. There's no fault in that BTW. Not everybody is or is required to be. You should rely on someone who is, though, to help you understand enough of the points being made to enable you to draw valid conclusions.
Sez the clown who believes the bible is a 100% reliable source. Sooooo not technically savvy.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121762 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say. All flood evidence is local.
That's what makes global floods so hard to recognize! It can be difficult to distinguish one flood from another without a program. But hey, we do have a program. It's called the Bible.
Ka-ka And Bull,
The only conclusion to be drawn from your biblical claims is that you are programmed.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121763 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am entitled to my opinion, and apart from confirming data it's worthless.
I agree. Your opinion *IS* worthless.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121764 Oct 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
He is (a) a Creationist -- Duh.
and (b) A professor of Computer Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Hmmmm... My son runs the science education programs for the Morehead Planetarium and Science Center there. I'll have to ask him if he knows Plaisted.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121765 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think you have addressed the shortcomings of ices cores etc. But leaving that aside, the scientific principle of Occam's Razor works against you. Its says that the most straightforward and least extra-ordinary explanation for a phenomenon is best given two explanations that could be correct.
So if we see evidence that is compatible with a World-Wide Flood lasting for a year and covering all the land, ordered by an unproven supernatural deity who was angry with humans, AND compatible with a simple local flood (which we observe frequently even now), then we should choose the most ordinary alternative.
To prove your extraordinary case, you would need some evidence for it that was NOT easily explained by far more ordinary events.
Side note 1 - you would also need to explain why there is so little evidence for such a massive cataclysm, when far older catastrophes have left undeniable marks.
Side note 2 - you would also need to explain all the evidence which appears against your scenario, such as the intact ice cores, atacama, lack of bottlenecks in most species, etc.
These are the reasons that nobody who is objective would accept the WWF scenario today. When Ancients concocted that story, far less was known about the world than today.
You seem to be forgetting that KAB believes it was a stealth flood. That solves everything.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#121766 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. I and others have slapped you down more ways than I can count.
Neither out of ammunition nor belly up. You just like the little snot-nosed kid who keep repeating "Why? Why? Why?". You're not interested in answers. You're just here to pat yourself on the ass.
Props!

Level 9

#121767 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you cannot prove that the Bible is "a document provided by the creator of all things".
And even if you could, you cannot prove that the creator of all things would necessarily tell the truth. You can claim that God would never lie but at the same time you claim that He can do Anything - He is supposedly Omnipotent.
Perhaps the whole thing was meant to be an allegory, a moral lesson. Perhaps the people of Ancient times were not ready to have evolution, plate tectonics, and cosmology all explained to them in detail. We tell kids stories, don't we?
Props!

Level 9

#121768 Oct 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text> Previously refuted.
<quoted text> A global flood would not be at all hard to recognize for the plethora of reasons we have provided.
<quoted text>
A confirmed UNreliable sources does not an event make. The allegorical tales are just what they are. Allegorical tales. If you don't find the meaning in the story you are not going to find it in the geological column.
You have been lied to. Take it out on the people who lied to you. Not on the ones that bring you the message of the truth.
Props!

Level 9

#121769 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your article then attempted to find the original by Thomas J Parsons on Google.
After getting through 10 pages of references exclusively by creationist sites, also referring to the paper but never finding the paper itself, I gave up.
If you can find the original paper, I can comment. I am not interested in creationist comment on the original, as I have seen far too much quote mining to trust creationist comment on any legitimate research (deliberate lies about the works and statements of Coe, Prevot, Haldane, Kimura, Crow, Kondrashov, Gould, Dawkins, Von Neumann, Einstein, and Darwin for starters).
However, if I can read the original, I can draw my own conclusions. If it really supports your case, I will consider it.
Chimney, try this link.

http://www.bioforensics.com/conference08/mtDN...
KAB

United States

#121770 Oct 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You called it a study. It isn't. The author mentions facts that are not true. Any real points being made were in the excerpts from the actual study.
So, no this does demonstrate not only my ability to understand technical information in biology, but to see misinterpretation of that information.
I am sorry that you don't understand how your position has been completely destroyed by people that do understand science and aren't delusional.
The study I had in mind is the one from which the excerpts are provided. What specifics concern you? Since you gave none, your post demonstrates nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121772 Oct 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The study I had in mind is the one from which the excerpts are provided. What specifics concern you? Since you gave none, your post demonstrates nothing.

We have demolished everything you have evoked and have provided multiple lines of evidence.

You can pretend otherwise all you want, but everyone knows better.

If you are going to lie please learn to do it better so there is some challenge to debunking you.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-find-evidence-to...

Savannah Cracker

Savannah, GA

#121773 Oct 30, 2013
Did Darwin Repent?? Only Darwin Knows for sure.. Darwin was certainly entitled to pull his own little red wagon any way he chose to...
Why does the Bible Have to Be 100% Right or 100% Wrong? I learn enough from it that I believe in a Supreme Being, I believe in Jesus Christ and the Miracles performed by Jesus in the Bible.
I believe God formed Man from the Dust of the Ground, and breathed the Breath of life in him.
I believe the Universe started with the Big Bang, and I believe that God existed for Millions of Millions of Years Before the Big Bang.

I believe that evolution and creation have co-existed in God's Universe, neither to the exclusion of the other.

Science is NOT infallible Now, nor, never was infallible. The very top Medical Scientists probed Abraham Lincoln's brain with a Dirty Wire and their Nasty Germ Ridden Dirty Fingernails.

Most People Dont Realize Darwin Repented On His Knees Jane ...
www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8561.htm - Similar to Most People Dont Realize Darwin Repented On His Knees Jane ...
Jan 28, 2002 ... What most people dont realize is, that Darwin repented on his knees, about everything he taught regarding evolution and humbly received ...

Darwin's Deathbed Conversion—a Legend?- Answers in Genesis
www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1315.asp - Similar to Darwin's Deathbed Conversion—a Legend?- Answers in Genesis
Mar 31, 2009 ... Charles Darwin died in April 1882 and was buried in Westminster Abbey.... If he indeed repented, why did she not make this known? Also ...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#121774 Oct 30, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
Did Darwin Repent?? Only Darwin Knows for sure.. Darwin was certainly entitled to pull his own little red wagon any way he chose to...
Why does the Bible Have to Be 100% Right or 100% Wrong? I learn enough from it that I believe in a Supreme Being, I believe in Jesus Christ and the Miracles performed by Jesus in the Bible.
I believe God formed Man from the Dust of the Ground, and breathed the Breath of life in him.
I believe the Universe started with the Big Bang, and I believe that God existed for Millions of Millions of Years Before the Big Bang.
I believe that evolution and creation have co-existed in God's Universe, neither to the exclusion of the other.
Science is NOT infallible Now, nor, never was infallible. The very top Medical Scientists probed Abraham Lincoln's brain with a Dirty Wire and their Nasty Germ Ridden Dirty Fingernails.
www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8561.htm - Similar to Most People Dont Realize Darwin Repented On His Knees Jane ...
Jan 28, 2002 ... What most people dont realize is, that Darwin repented on his knees, about everything he taught regarding evolution and humbly received ...
www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1315.asp - Similar to Darwin's Deathbed Conversion—a Legend?- Answers in Genesis
Mar 31, 2009 ... Charles Darwin died in April 1882 and was buried in Westminster Abbey.... If he indeed repented, why did she not make this known? Also ...
Darwin never "repented", nor did he disavow his Theory of Evolution.

The "Lady Hope" story is a lie.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121775 Oct 30, 2013
"Over time, by never seeking the antithetical, through accumulating subscriptions to magazines, stacks of books and hours of television, you can become so confident in your world-view no one could dissuade you.

Remember, there’s always someone out there willing to sell eyeballs to advertisers by offering a guaranteed audience of people looking for validation. Ask yourself if you are in that audience.

In science, you move closer to the truth by seeking evidence to the contrary. Perhaps the same method should inform your opinions as well."

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-find-evidence-to...
Savannah Cracker

Savannah, GA

#121776 Oct 30, 2013
The trouble with making Scientific Declarations is that more often than not, your declaration of Scientific Fact is later proven to be inaccurate.

Albert Einstein said, "The Speed of light is the fastest thing in the Universe."

How Wrong could he be??

The Speed of THOUGHT is the fastest thing in the Universe. Nothing travels faster than Thought. Thought can get you from one side of the Universe to the other in a nano-second. If you had the Power of God, you could think your space ship across the Universe just as fast.

Scientists discount Alien Spaceships coming to earth because they have been taught that the speed of light is the fastest thing in the Universe. They are Wrong !!

Jesus Christ said, "I am NOT of this world."

Jesus Christ said, "Which of you, by taking thought, can change One Hair on your head?"

If science competes with God, Science loses every time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121777 Oct 30, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:

This story is a known fraud. Darwin's daughter was with him when he died. Nothing like this ever happened.

Darwin's theory of evolution has been confirmed in tens of thousands of research papers.

Believe in a God that does not have to run from science.
Savannah Cracker

Savannah, GA

#121778 Oct 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This story is a known fraud. Darwin's daughter was with him when he died. Nothing like this ever happened.
Darwin's theory of evolution has been confirmed in tens of thousands of research papers.
Believe in a God that does not have to run from science.
God has a sense of humor, he laughs at science.
I don't care what Darwin believed, Darwin was responsible for his beliefs, not I.

How many times has the Earth been created and destroyed? The Hopi Indians say it has been destroyed 3 times.

The Book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible says, "That which is, has already been of Old Times, is now, and shall be again." "There is nothing new under the sun."

Why wouldn't God let things evolve and adapt to the environment? I don't have a problem with evolution, other than to say, I don't believe Man evolved without interference from God.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#121779 Oct 30, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
Did Darwin Repent?
Savannah Cracker wrote:
Why does the Bible Have to Be 100% Right or 100% Wrong? I learn enough from it that I believe
Are either of these things relevant in the slightest?
Savannah Cracker wrote:
Science is NOT infallible Now, nor, never was infallible.
Nor do any rational people claim it to be.

Yet here you are typing on a computer.

Fact is evolution works. God or no God. Or God does not exist. Or God is a liar.

Personally I'm open to all three.
Savannah Cracker

Savannah, GA

#121780 Oct 30, 2013
A Mere Blip in Time.... The Scientific Problem with the Total Evolution of Man.
Evolution is a very Slow Process.

Prehistoric Time Line - Science - National Geographic
science.nationalgeographic.com/science/prehis... ...- Similar to Prehistoric Time Line - Science - National Geographic
Prehistoric time line, geologic time scale, photos, facts, maps, and more from National ... Humans have walked the Earth for 190,000 years, a mere blip in Earth's ... And 64 million years after dinosaurs went extinct, modern humans emerged in ...

Prehistoric World, Prehistoric Time, Photos Videos,...
science.nationalgeographic.com/science/prehis... - Similar to Prehistoric World, Prehistoric Time, Photos Videos,...
Prehistoric world, prehistoric time, photos videos, facts, quiz, maps, images, and more ... Humans have walked the Earth for 190,000 years, a mere blip in Earth's ...

[ More results from science.nationalgeographic.com ]
Prehistoric Time Line: RISE OF LIVE - The Truth Behind The Scenes
thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/07... ...
Jul 3, 2010 ... Humans have walked the Earth for 190,000 years, a mere blip in Earth's ... And 64 million years after dinosaurs went extinct, modern humans ...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#121781 Oct 30, 2013
Savannah Cracker wrote:
The Speed of THOUGHT is the fastest thing in the Universe. Nothing travels faster than Thought. Thought can get you from one side of the Universe to the other in a nano-second.
In your imagination, sure.

But in reality, you're plain wrong.
Savannah Cracker wrote:
If science competes with God, Science loses every time.
You have this the wrong way around. Currently, "God" cannot complete with science. That is why for thousands and thousands of years no-one has been able to demonstrate that any such being even exists.

Your computer does not run on Jewmagic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Into The Night 51,912
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 51 min Regolith Based Li... 218,785
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 24,756
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 20 hr scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... 20 hr scientia potentia... 1
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) Thu Dogen 1,137
The Fossil Record Does Not Support The Theory O... Wed scientia potentia... 48
More from around the web