It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151290 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121574 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide confirmed data before you state that. I have countered everything you have provided so far.

This would simply be a lie or a delusion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121575 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many species do you have in mind, and how realistic is it to expect to provide bottleneck data for ALL of them?

A major bottleneck (near extinction event) only 4,500 years ago would be obvious in all species that went through that.

Since you have provide NO data that is consistent with such a bottleneck in ANY species you stand refuted.

No species yet mentioned in this context show a bottleneck at the appropriate time.

Zero.
Null.
Nada
Zip.
None.
Nadir.

This is one of the plethora of refutations of the flood we have demonstrated to you.

But as long as you keep repeating it isn't true you are still winning, right?

You got to keep up appearances for the crowd.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121576 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to appreciate that I would readily be on your side if you had made your case. All you offer is unconfirmed supporting data while I provide compelling supporting data for a different understanding. I have no overriding priority allegiance to anything other than what is correct as best it is known.

Lie
lie
HUGE lie.

You do not even own your own brain. That is the property of your cult.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121577 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect anything from the regulars on here. I just provide info.

Again a lie.

You provide less information than anyone else here. You refuse to acknowledge you have lost over and over again.

The DATA calls you a liar.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121578 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Take note of your own same ol' same ol' track record while you're at it.

Translation: I got nothing.

Replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard the phrase "whipping a dead horse"? All you do is come back daily with the same stuff, just reworded hoping it means something different,,, bad news is it doesn't. Quit whipping your dead horse for it will not get you anywhere. Find a new horse to ride in on and see what happens. To put it in short; You repeat the same stuff and add nothing new but expect to get different results. Not going to happen bud.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121579 Sep 19, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A major bottleneck (near extinction event) only 4,500 years ago would be obvious in all species that went through that.
Since you have provide NO data that is consistent with such a bottleneck in ANY species you stand refuted.
No species yet mentioned in this context show a bottleneck at the appropriate time.
Zero.
Null.
Nada
Zip.
None.
Nadir.
This is one of the plethora of refutations of the flood we have demonstrated to you.
But as long as you keep repeating it isn't true you are still winning, right?
You got to keep up appearances for the crowd.
I'm not even trying to win, but it's apparent that it's important to you. I just provide info.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121580 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even trying to win, but it's apparent that it's important to you. I just provide info.

This is a lie and everyone is aware of it.

You just quibble and try to get by with rhetoric even as we pound you with the facts on a daily basis.

You have no rational basis or actual defense for (apparently) any of your beliefs.

I enjoy your obvious lies because it just demonstrates to the few people here how sad it is to be under the influence of a mind control cult.

Talk about scared straight.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121581 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many species do you have in mind, and how realistic is it to expect to provide bottleneck data for ALL of them?
Sorry, but we don't need ALL of them.

In fact we really only need ONE, proving that ONE got through the flood without a bottleneck. Every species we find that lacks the bottleneck GOT THROUGH. But if it were only one that had no bottleneck, we would suspect its some sort of special case.

But if we had tested only 50 species (its higher), and only the cheetah had a bottleneck, ALL the others must have got through the supposed flood period without a population crash.

Therefore, the story of Noah's ark and all the land creatures outside the ark dying is simply - FALSE.

If you cannot even follow this basic logic, there is little hope for you KAB.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121582 Sep 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My proposal didn't work for you because you erroneously chose to serially concatenate the 3500 year disappearance of each hap level. Try a staggered parallel progression.
I will honestly try that (again) just for you. But I will be busy this weekend which starts today over here...next week.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121583 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect anything from the regulars on here. I just provide info.
Uh-huh.

KABs standards:

Information from the regulars: Unconfirmed supporting data

Information from KAB himself: Compelling supporting data

Laughable.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121584 Sep 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This would simply be a lie or a delusion.
Delusion.
KAB

United States

#121585 Sep 20, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but we don't need ALL of them.
In fact we really only need ONE, proving that ONE got through the flood without a bottleneck. Every species we find that lacks the bottleneck GOT THROUGH. But if it were only one that had no bottleneck, we would suspect its some sort of special case.
But if we had tested only 50 species (its higher), and only the cheetah had a bottleneck, ALL the others must have got through the supposed flood period without a population crash.
Therefore, the story of Noah's ark and all the land creatures outside the ark dying is simply - FALSE.
If you cannot even follow this basic logic, there is little hope for you KAB.
I follow the logic completely. Now provide the "ONE" data confiming no 4500 ybp flood bottleneck. Be advised that science acknowledges that not genetically "finding" a bottleneck doesn't mean there wasn't one.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121586 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos and then some, because you've amply demonstrated that you are exceedingly proficient at not winning.
Actually, I'm completely baffled in finding any motivation for you to post at all, unless it's to fulfill some private fancy of living out a Monty Python sketch.
KAB

United States

#121587 Sep 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.
KABs standards:
Laughable.
If you stop laughing it will enable you to attempt to prove it wrong instead of just thinking it so. Relying on the thinking alone could eventually prove embarassing (Matthew 24:37-39).

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121588 Sep 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.
KABs standards:
Laughable.
"KAB's" and "standards" are mutually antagonistic.

Level 6

Location hidden

#121589 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow the logic completely. Now provide the "ONE" data confiming no 4500 ybp flood bottleneck. Be advised that science acknowledges that not genetically "finding" a bottleneck doesn't mean there wasn't one.
Yes, it does mean there wasn't one.

Because the genetic diversity we see today in that population is too great to have come from a few individuals so recently. Is it this very simple misunderstanding that has kept you sounding dumber than dumb for all this time, on this subject?

We have been looking just at mtDNA but the same applies to the whole genome. The higher the degree of diversity, the longer it has been since that population could have suffered a bottleneck.

So the genetic diversity is POSITIVE evidence of a large population going a long way back without interruption. Its not just lack of evidence for your case, its positive evidence falsifying your case.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#121590 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you stop laughing it will enable you to attempt to prove it wrong instead of just thinking it so.
You've been proven wrong repeatedly. It seems you are the only one who doesn't realize it.
KAB wrote:
Relying on the thinking alone could eventually prove embarassing
Which is why we stick to evidence while you stick to pipe-dreams.
KAB wrote:
(Matthew 24:37-39).
Blah, blah, blah.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121591 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Sorry, this is your job, not ours.

And you are incorrect in your statement about bottlenecks. There is no way that scientific research into a species genome that is looking for bottlenecks (in major land animals) is going to miss a near extinction event from only 4,500 years ago.

This is made WORSE for you in that many species (humans for example) show clear evidence of much milder bottlenecks much further in the past.

Try to work through it. See if you can borrow a brain from someone for 15 minutes.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121592 Sep 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you stop laughing it will enable you to attempt to prove it wrong instead of just thinking it so. Relying on the thinking alone could eventually prove embarassing (Matthew 24:37-39).

Why would he have to prove it wrong, again?

Your "logic" may work on dubs, but simply asserting the evidence does not support us (when it does) is not impressive.
KAB

United States

#121593 Sep 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos and then some, because you've amply demonstrated that you are exceedingly proficient at not winning.
Actually, I'm completely baffled in finding any motivation for you to post at all, unless it's to fulfill some private fancy of living out a Monty Python sketch.
The motivation is simple. I detest false religion (i.e., that which is in conflict with what is demonstrably true). I seek to provide correct info whenever/wherever I have opportunity for the benefit of those interested in receiving it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min ChristineM 34,575
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min ChristineM 14,882
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 44 min Chimney1 199,220
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... 4 hr DanFromSmithville 34
the dinosaurs of the lega-warega people: racial... 6 hr teri107 1
My Story Part 1 Fri JanusBifrons 1
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri Don Barros Serrano 179,706
More from around the web