It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 152131 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Ogden, UT

#121147 Aug 30, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you assert the impossibility without demonstrating it. Dataless assertion.
No. I assert that I didn't "demonstrate that the Earth isn't shrouded by a mirage that confounds our instruments and our mathematics/physics". You're welcome to try to prove otherwise.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121148 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I assert that I didn't "demonstrate that the Earth isn't shrouded by a mirage that confounds our instruments and our mathematics/physics". You're welcome to try to prove otherwise.
You're entitled to your opinion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121149 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.

Facts = Opinions in KAB land.

You are a well trained liar. A credit to your cult.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121150 Aug 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Word Weasel.

It is amusing that he seems to think he is doing well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121151 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide a specific example, or leave yourself with only your opinion apparently stemming from what you've been told.

Previously done a hundred times over.

What did you intend to accomplish with this lie???

Do you ever miss your brain?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121152 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide a specific reference for a Genesis demonstrably incorrect point.

Again, done a hundred times over.

Pretending something did not happen does not make it un-happen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121153 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "appear" relative to each entity you mentioned (plants, Sun, plnets)?

Reference: the Bible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121154 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not accept "magic" opposed to that which is demonstrable. You are welcome to attempt to prove otherwise with data. Anything else is opinion which you are entitled to and proves nothing.

False

Reference: Your own posts.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121155 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion, but in this case you open yourself to libel/slander.

Since this is a proven fact I will say it again.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
But the JW LOVE the sexually immoral. They harbor and refuse to report cases of child molestation. And if the child, on coming of age, talks to the authorities then they are disfellowshiped.
What a racket if your are a child molester! Join the JW, repeatedly molest children and only have to say sorry to the elders to get away with it and do more.

and again

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
But the JW LOVE the sexually immoral. They harbor and refuse to report cases of child molestation. And if the child, on coming of age, talks to the authorities then they are disfellowshiped.
What a racket if your are a child molester! Join the JW, repeatedly molest children and only have to say sorry to the elders to get away with it and do more.

And again

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>

Remember, I have provided references to this.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121156 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not accept the Bible's direction on this matter of not keeping company with those described by 1 Corinthians 5?

Yes, don't keep company with people who are sexually immoral.

You will never find a JW in my house for that very reason.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121157 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your demonstrably incorrect opinion.

This is another lie.

You and your cult lie with the authority of the author of lies.

Lying is the profession of JWs. Mostly it is in the form of lying to yourselves, but here is an example of your lying to others.

Again, you are lying to yourself because no one here, besides possibly yourself, believes that you are not lying.

Remember, we are alone. Drive by posts not withstanding.
KAB

Scottsdale, AZ

#121158 Aug 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>When all your arguments collapse, you wave the white "you're entitled to your opinion" flag.
I only wave the opinion flag when opinions are given instead of data. I see you have noted that is frequently, reflecting the relative dirth of data provided by your side.
KAB

Scottsdale, AZ

#121159 Aug 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are a deluded joke. You lie to us and you lie to yourself. We have pages of data to show this.
I notice you're not showing/citing even one item from any of those alleged pages!
KAB

Scottsdale, AZ

#121160 Aug 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Lies. You don't provide data. You have no idea how to interpret the data that is provided to you.
You don't like the conclusions provided by others because they force you to accept ideas that are at odds with your delusion.
You're entitled to your dataless opinion.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#121161 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you're not showing/citing even one item from any of those alleged pages!
Your "99 reasons" is a compilation of data-less assertions.
KAB

Scottsdale, AZ

#121162 Aug 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You could not even follow what I did say. I never said there would be a new hap "about every 6th generation".
I said that in a doubling from 3 original couples, we would expect one hap mutation to have occurred by then.
When the population grows, the number of hap mutations PER GENERATION grows because the total number of females grows. But this still is not connected to the likelihood that a new hap will become entrenched in the population permanently. THAT relates back to the very first calcs I showed you.
But you clearly did not get any of it. You keep getting it wrong and then saying I said things I did not (because as above, you misunderstand), or forming wrong conclusions.
Those who have followed the stats through have concluded a common ancestral female line from approx 200,000 years ago. Those creationists who know how it works and have tried to compress it to 4500 years have failed.
If you don't believe me, show me the alternative creationist calculations that make it work. They don't exist.
How is a new hap within "about every sixth generation" different from one having "occurred by then" (i.e., within 6 generations)?

Again, you acknowledge that new haps do become entrenched, so on average, how many become entrenched per generation? Remember that as the population grows, so does the number of haps in play.

I agree that one of us is getting it wrong. Beyond that I leave the data to stand on its own.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#121163 Aug 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap.

That's Urban Cowboy.

My apologies, KAB.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#121164 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be a universal bottleneck if there had been a global flood?
If your Bible flood story is true, it is the only possible outcome, by definition.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#121165 Aug 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your dataless opinion.
Just like your opinion that it's impossible for the Earth to be enshrouded in a mirage that confounds all our math and equipment.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#121166 Aug 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Urban Cowboy. Understandably difficult to keep the liars straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min The Northener 209,493
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min tcourville45 45,430
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,230
America evolving into lockdown on purpose 17 hr Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sat One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sat One way or another 4
News A better theory of intelligent design Sep 23 Chazofsaints 21
More from around the web