It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Read more

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121076 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I meant to state that only conclusions based on confirming data do not require belief.

No, you mean that your only belief is in data that is based on conclusions.

The confirming data is that you believe what you are told, like a good little dub. Regardless of the data provided you maintain your conclusions because they are required to maintain your belief.
KAB

United States

#121077 Aug 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have to demonstrate a bottleneck in all land animals on earth. Since we know there is not a 4,500 ybp bottleneck in humans and many other species you have already lost.
But you you want the math then here is something to get you started.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1186%2F17...
From there you can do your own research, baby boy.
By the way, I wonder where you get your assumptions.
http://johnhawks.net/weblog/mailbag/noahs-ark...
Oh, an old piece of real research that has been distorted by creationists.
What if the disagreeing ones slander?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121078 Aug 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have data to support this? Or is this one of those times where you completely ignore your self-imposed data requirement?

Data only applies to non dubs. His data is that he is required to believe whatever the Watchtower tells him to believe.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121079 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not accept the Bible's direction on this matter of not keeping company with those described by 1 Corinthians 5?
I think you'd get along much better with Paul the Promoter than Jesus the Reformer.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121080 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see a specific concern from a specific document, I will respond.

Translation: I have no rational defense for the atrocities I know my cult has committed.

Thanks, that is the answer I expected.

Dogen wrote:
part 2.
Although I do not expect an answer from you, nor do I want one, to make certain that you, personally, are aware of the facts, I am sending you the following materials:
(1) A photocopy of the original "Erklärung"
(2) A photocopy of the "Erklärung" as it appeared in the German edition of the 1934 Year Book of Jehovah's Witnesses;
(3) A photocopy of the "Declaration" as it appears in the English edition of the 1934 Year Book of Jehovah's Witnesses;
(4) A photocopy of the Hitler letter, plus an English translation thereof;
(5) A copy of the Spring 1990 issue of The Christian Quest.
Since I am well aware that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, of which you are a senior member, is carrying on what amounts to a "Big Lie" campaign (1) to make Jehovah's Witnesses appear to be God's faithful and discreet slave class on earth and (2) to discredit other religions, as a former Jehovah's Witness, a professional historian, and as a Christian who
believes that God has no need of our lies, I feel forced to expose the facts to the general public. Hence, I am sending copies of this letter, plus the above listed documentation, to both religious and secular publications throughout the United States and Canada. I will, of course, also make them available to persons in other lands so that they may be made known wherever possible.
In closing, Mr. Henschel, I would beg the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, who carry heavy responsibility before God and humankind, to come clean and admit the facts. Hypocrisy and falsifying the historical record are serious sins, as I am sure you are aware.
Sincerely yours,
M. James Penton, PhD
Professor Emeritus
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtrut ...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121081 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not accept the Bible's direction on this matter of not keeping company with those described by 1 Corinthians 5?

But the JW LOVE the sexually immoral. They harbor and refuse to report cases of child molestation. And if the child, on coming of age, talks to the authorities then they are disfellowshiped.

What a racket if your are a child molester! Join the JW, repeatedly molest children and only have to say sorry to the elders to get away with it and do more.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121082 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see you cite a specific assumption of mine, I'll tell you where I got it.

You are attempting to assume around the issue. Is there a universal bottleneck 4,500 years ago?

Would there be one if there had been a global flood?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121083 Aug 28, 2013
Jenji wrote:
There are no facts for or against evolution, or God. It's a matter of personal choice,
Say what?!
Jenji wrote:
and one group does absolutely no good toward 'convincing' the other group of anything, when they engage in name-calling and nastiness and putdowns. I never slander someone for not believing the way I do, and I don't appreciate it when others tell me I'm stupid or ignorant something for the beliefs I have. I guess it's all part of my Live and Let Live philosophy, you go do your thing and let me do mine.

Science is based on evidence, not on belief.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121084 Aug 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the disagreeing ones slander?

All difficulty estimating unreserved increasing the solicitude.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#121085 Aug 28, 2013
Jenji wrote:
There are no facts for or against evolution, or God. It's a matter of personal choice, and one group does absolutely no good toward 'convincing' the other group of anything, when they engage in name-calling and nastiness and putdowns. I never slander someone for not believing the way I do, and I don't appreciate it when others tell me I'm stupid or ignorant something for the beliefs I have. I guess it's all part of my Live and Let Live philosophy, you go do your thing and let me do mine.
Right. Just like there are no facts for or against gravity or 2 H + 1 O = 1 H2O + energy. Nothing is really true or really correct, and every clai. Is just as valid as every other.

Idiot.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#121086 Aug 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All difficulty estimating unreserved increasing the solicitude.
Well done, sir.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#121087 Aug 29, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Just like there are no facts for or against gravity or 2 H + 1 O = 1 H2O + energy. Nothing is really true or really correct, and every clai. Is just as valid as every other.
Idiot.
Unlike you claiming there is not a God, I say I don't know if there is or not. So you claiming there is not a God show me 100% facts, proof or evidence there is not and we will let the case stand at rest and be passed. For in reality it is just as hard for you to show me there isn't a God as it is for me to show you there is a God. Now you can say "but the bible says",,,, What the bible says are the words of simple man, not the words of God.
The bible says the earth is a circle,,, Whoop-de-shyt! Sphere was not a word back in their day.
But the bible says the world was flat,,, Whoop-de-shyt! Let me take you to any ocean or desert and when you look out cross to the horizon it will look flat.
But the bible says "kinds",,, Whoop-de-shyt! Speciation did not exist back in there day.
Cherry pick it all you want with todays knowledge but try to read it with their limited knowledge and some of it, not all of it will make a little sense.
KAB

United States

#121088 Aug 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are. If it said it in Genesis you'd be defending it in every other post.
Genesis doesn't make points which are demonstrably incorrect.
KAB

United States

#121089 Aug 29, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Assertions without evidence are meaningless.
How did you demonstrate that the Earth isn't shrouded by a mirage that confounds our instruments and our mathematics/physics?
I didn't.
KAB

United States

#121090 Aug 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I merely follow the logic. Every birth is 50/50 male or female. Women have a finite number of children. I have explained the outcome of either a stable population or a doubling one. In both cases there is a calculable proportion of women who will have no female daughters.
You cannot counter any of this with logic so now you are trying out to pretend that its ME trying to distort the outcome? Your tactics are getting hilarious.
I agree that some women do not have daughters.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121091 Aug 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not to someone who thinks his immortality depends on believing that.

To anyone objective, the conflict with physical evidence is obvious from start to finish. We have pointed out numerous conflicts, and you have done your best to rationalise them, not hesitating to ignore all the known rules of physics when it suited you.

On that basis one could justify any random creation story. Magic makes all things possible. Since you accept magic but you are arguing with people who do not, why are you bothering?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121092 Aug 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that some women do not have daughters.
Its a long long way from there to understanding why the hap tree could not be generated in 4500 years. No creationist has been able to make it fit. So they do the next best thing, simply ignore it while claiming "no data conflicts with Genesis"

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121093 Aug 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All that is required from you is a single word answer to a simple "yes" or "no" question:
Did plants appear before the Sun and the planets?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121094 Aug 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It does.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121095 Aug 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah's Ark. Shown to be wrong by physics, geology and biology. A clever chemist could say how chemistry debunks that fairy tale too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Dogen 154,740
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 37 min One way or another 178,126
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min Dogen 17,925
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 47 min Dogen 911
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
More from around the web