It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164919 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#120033 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide data confirming your contention about the Chinese flood stories, so I don't waste time chasing a myth.

Then don't bother. They are myths.

Just like all the other flood stories.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#120034 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep asking the question because none of the data provided so far has related to the 70K ybp human bottleneck time determination. In short, there has been nothing to examine.

Google it.

We are not your research assistant.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#120035 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories about Jesus are part of a demonstrated reliable source.

No. Again, they are in the Bible.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#120036 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
None

Good, so what do you need to convince you that the JW's are bat guano crazy and about as far from the historical Jesus as a group could get.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#120037 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now this has to be my all time favorite post.

Hysterical, to be sure.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120038 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your post,
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
What does your comment indicate is associated with the Burckle Impact?
Do you wish take back up ignoring where you ignored it last time?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#120039 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In principle, the potential would be there, but the Genesis account is part of a demonstrated reliable source (i.e. it's been rather thoroughly tested).
Thoroughly tested and consistantly found lacking. Many parts of your creation mythology aren't even original to Genesis. Gilgamesh ring any bells?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#120040 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishing that "accounts can change as they are handed down thru time" takes no research. It is a universally recognized/accepted reality.
Being "recognized/accepted " via Hebrews 11:1 does not make >anything< either universal nor a reality.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#120041 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments properly allude to the irrationality of endeavoring to provide appropriate bottleneck data for all species in any immediate timeframe. On the other hand, it is entirely rational to endeavor to provide data confirming no 4500 ybp bottleneck for a single species.
Sorry, Bub.
The presence of multiple alleles and the widespread genetic diversity in the animal kingdom pretty much blows your search for a universal 4,000 YA genetic bottleneck out of the water like a bundle of dynamite in a mud puddle.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#120042 Jul 22, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mike.
You're pretty smart. Do me a favor if you would. I've got a Teletec DXP-L180 6 Meter power amp and it's got pins for disabling the preamp and hard keying the amplifier but I don't know what voltage level to apply or if they need to be grounded to disable/enable or what.
There is a link to the schematic at the bottom of this page but it opens in Photoshop and it's too blurry to read. Maybe you can get a better image. Maybe not.
http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/ProductManua...
I think the schematics are for L175 but I imagine the switching is the same.
73, Dolly.
Not the best schematics in the world. PMing you on this.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#120043 Jul 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Bub.
The presence of multiple alleles and the widespread genetic diversity in the animal kingdom pretty much blows your search for a universal 4,000 YA genetic bottleneck out of the water like a bundle of dynamite in a mud puddle.
I love the visual of that.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120044 Jul 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Here is Dr. D disputing what is demonstrably true,

Here is the demonstration of the truth,

KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120045 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>We have got to get people to stop saying your name out loud.
Apparently you can't either, though that hasn't stopped you from questioning it. If you don't understand the methodology in the article, then it is dishonest of you to pretend you do. I realize to whom I am speaking, but I can still attempt to turn from your dark path.
It is OK to admit you don't understand the article and that your assertions based on the findings of that article were merely speculation with no basis in fact. We all know.
I know the article doesn't address bottlenecks, and yet that is the context in which it was offered by someone who apparently didn't understand it and thought it did. Do you understand how I understand it doesn't address bottlenecks? HINT: I understand the article. Perhaps you don't or, more likely, haven't even looked at it.

Level 9

#120046 Jul 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the point he never gets.
He also thinks there are invisible people watching this conversation who might think he is winning.
It's nice that he has someone.

Level 9

#120047 Jul 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hysterical, to be sure.
I am still laughing at it hours later.

Level 9

#120048 Jul 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the article doesn't address bottlenecks, and yet that is the context in which it was offered by someone who apparently didn't understand it and thought it did. Do you understand how I understand it doesn't address bottlenecks? HINT: I understand the article. Perhaps you don't or, more likely, haven't even looked at it.
You have cackled on ad nauseaum about how you never provide data, don't understand the evidence presented to you and how you are defending an untenable position, for so long, I have lost track of what article you are even talking about. I can almost guarantee you have no idea what the article means even when I don't know for sure which article you are referring to. That are you found an article about bicycle repair which you may well understand for all I know and are using that in some misleading way to support your untenable position.

Why don't you explain what you think you know? Why can't you just do that? What are you afraid of as if we didn't know? If you know what this article in question means then why the subterfuge as if we didn't know?
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120049 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>We all know that there are extant species that show genetic bottlenecks, otherwise they would be extinct species.
The cheetah is an example of a species that is suffering from a low minimum breeding population in the rebound from the last near extinction event for that species. If it weren't for conservation efforts, it would likely be extinct or at least on its way out. It may still go.
No guarantee, but such a population would show evidence much like the cheetah population does and like the human population does not.
Wrong answer. Try again.
Do cheetahs have less genetic diversity than humans? Data please.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120050 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>But finding one species won't help you. You will have to find more than one.
Why would I have to find confirmation of no 4500 ybp bottleneck for more than one species?
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120051 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>But that is the exact response you gave to my post about the Chinese flood myths. You offered to show me how accounts change and not why these particular accounts differ from other flood accounts.
Manipulation or ignorance?
Neither
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120052 Jul 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If it is a demonstrated reliable source, then why are you here?
I read in a demonstrated reliable source, that the stories in Genesis are all allegory.
I guess that answers your whole question.
That was easy.
What's your source, so we can test it for reliability ourselves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 8 hr Frindly 3,205
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 hr Regolith Based Li... 223,191
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 hr Dogen 83,810
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) Sun Al Caplan 1,995
Time Dec 9 THANKS 2
Evolution exposed Dec 8 Dogen 6
Roy Moore doesn't represent me. Dec 7 Dogen 2
More from around the web