It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 141789 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119985 Jul 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the stories about Jesus.
They were okay. I liked the Hari Seldon stories better.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#119986 Jul 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose point number 11.
"11. I await your data explaining why the flood myths of China are in no way similar to the global flood myth outside of the fact that all are about floods."
What data do you need to convince you that accounts can change as they are handed down thru time?

What data do you need to convince you that accounts can change as they are handed down thru time (examples, Judaism and Christianity)?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119987 Jul 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If nothing happened and by virtue of that no evidence could exist to be found, then you wouldn't expect a search for it would you.
What we are left with is a delusional group of freaked out fanatics desperate to show that a non-existent event occured. As one of the spokespeople for this group, you don't bring science, reeason, logic or data to the table. You bring, myth, speculation and word fencing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119988 Jul 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How was the 70K years determined?

With science.

Not a fan?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119989 Jul 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing my research. I'm sharing it one point/step at a time, seeking your concurrence before proceeding.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

And again

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical. Your response to data is to smokescreen with questions.
Do your own research. It is your job.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119990 Jul 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How much GD research does it take to reply with "accounts can change as they are handed down thru time?"

This is just another KAB smokescreen. He is boorish and droll.

He never has offered anything but word games.

If he can't play word games with a post he simply ignores it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#119991 Jul 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean "quinceanera" with a tilde over the second "n."
Would that be Gloria in Excelsis Deo?

Sorry. I came across a Latin ref earlier, and now I've gone all Classic Roman.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119992 Jul 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just another KAB smokescreen. He is boorish and droll.
He never has offered anything but word games.
If he can't play word games with a post he simply ignores it.
Self evident. But is droll worse than troll? In KAB's defense, he isn't the typical imbecilic (and often hostile) SOB who habitually trots out the stock ICR, CARM and DI excrement and drool. The worst KAB does is ignore 'data' and ask for more.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#119993 Jul 21, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mike.
You're pretty smart. Do me a favor if you would. I've got a Teletec DXP-L180 6 Meter power amp and it's got pins for disabling the preamp and hard keying the amplifier but I don't know what voltage level to apply or if they need to be grounded to disable/enable or what.
There is a link to the schematic at the bottom of this page but it opens in Photoshop and it's too blurry to read. Maybe you can get a better image. Maybe not.
http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/ProductManua...
I think the schematics are for L175 but I imagine the switching is the same.
73, Dolly.
I'll take I look when I get into work tomorrow.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#119994 Jul 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tend to dispute what is demonstrably true. It has been representatives of your side who have consistently done that.
BS

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119995 Jul 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self evident. But is droll worse than troll? In KAB's defense, he isn't the typical imbecilic (and often hostile) SOB who habitually trots out the stock ICR, CARM and DI excrement and drool. The worst KAB does is ignore 'data' and ask for more.

And it really isn't even KABs fault. His cult indoctrination takes away peoples ability (and opportunity) to think outside of the bounds set by the Watchtower.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#119996 Jul 21, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does believing in God have to do with the theory of evolution?
I'm responding to a very old post, my apologies for that.So, what does believing in GOD have to do with evolution? Not a thing.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#119997 Jul 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't leprechauns exist? They have not been proven not to exist.
What about Zeus? He hasn't been proven not to exist.
You don't understand how science OR logic work, but you want to pretend you use both to support your belief in magic. Before you lie to us, you have to lie to yourself.
Leprechauns have not been attested by a demonstrated reliable source.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#119998 Jul 21, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you can be treated for 'Off your ever lovin' rocker' but if you can I'm sure Dogen is your go-to guy.
In light of the fact that Dogen has been trying to engage you in intelligent conversation for over two years perhaps he, too, should be treated for 'Off his ever lovin' rocker.
Physician heal thyself.
Dr. D has been consistently posting demonstrated incorrect info here for over two years. I wouldn't "go-to" him for anything, especially messing with my mind!
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#119999 Jul 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are trying to get others to do your homework for you.
Maybe a fair exchange of services can be arranged. Do you have any skills at all to offer?
B.S. and self deception are not valued skills.
Apparently none of you can intelligently address the article.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120000 Jul 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not correct. Human bottleneck timing is established by science using the data of the human genome.
The assertion is that there was a global flood 4,500 ybp that wiped out all but 3 pairs of breading humans.
It is also not possible for a population to survive with that small of a gene pool. We have discussed why and references have been provided for that as well.
That makes 3 major reasons, just based on this cursory examination of genetics why the flood account in the bible is not possible.
1. Bottleneck
2. Genetic diversity (halotypes)
3. Minimum viable population (MVP)
And you have not been able to even call one of these into question.
You want to look at the MVP problem a little closer?
That problem with apply to every single species that went aboard the Ark.
Data has been provided showing species survival from a very small (handful) number bottleneck. As long as there is a breeding pair, there is no MVP guarantee.
KAB

Asia/Pacific Region

#120001 Jul 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokescreening and dodge.
All bottlenecks are on the table and have been.
You need to show 100% of species have bottlenecks. So far you are up to 0%. You need the cheetahs help bring your mythology back from the dead.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are lying again and retreating to your misleading tactics. You have made mention of the paper on the bottleneck in cheetahs, so it is clear you have the data. It is also clear you don't understand it, but it isn't my job to catch you up. Asking again for information previously provided is just another of your tricks. You are a liar. Is this what you learn from your blasphemous worship of the Bible over God?
Why do you mention the cheetah if I am up to 0%?

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#120002 Jul 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently none of you can intelligently address the article.
We have got to get people to stop saying your name out loud.

Apparently you can't either, though that hasn't stopped you from questioning it. If you don't understand the methodology in the article, then it is dishonest of you to pretend you do. I realize to whom I am speaking, but I can still attempt to turn from your dark path.

It is OK to admit you don't understand the article and that your assertions based on the findings of that article were merely speculation with no basis in fact. We all know.

Level 9

#120003 Jul 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Data has been provided showing species survival from a very small (handful) number bottleneck. As long as there is a breeding pair, there is no MVP guarantee.
We all know that there are extant species that show genetic bottlenecks, otherwise they would be extinct species.

The cheetah is an example of a species that is suffering from a low minimum breeding population in the rebound from the last near extinction event for that species. If it weren't for conservation efforts, it would likely be extinct or at least on its way out. It may still go.

No guarantee, but such a population would show evidence much like the cheetah population does and like the human population does not.

Wrong answer. Try again.

Level 9

#120004 Jul 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you mention the cheetah if I am up to 0%?
Because like you, cheetahs never prosper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min DanFromSmithville 168,505
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 4 hr Forced to be a Sock 187
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Secret Admirer 19,741
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 11 hr lozzza 6,160
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Mon Chimney1 560
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Sun Chimney1 178,667
Poll Should Topix create an Philosophy forum? (Oct '09) Jun 26 NoahLovesU 6
More from around the web