It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164681 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Taiwan

#119913 Jul 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have that backwards.
We don't have to show data for something that does not exist. It is up to the person making the positive claim to support himself.
For example you don't look for data that there is not a second small moon orbiting Earth. You would look for data for the moon. One wouldn't look for data that there was no universal bottleneck, if you believe that there was a flood you would look for evidence that there was a universal bottleneck.
You are correct. The appropriate scientist/expert would look for data regarding the purported universal bottleneck. I don't know of any such scientist/expert. Do you?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119914 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have addressed nearly every item on your list during my tenure here. Which one do you want first this time?
Addressed? Sly choice of words. You may have addressed them but you haven't refuted any of them.
KAB

Taiwan

#119915 Jul 18, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible to detect evidence that is not present.
It is also not likely evidence will be detected which is not sought.
KAB

Taiwan

#119916 Jul 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your knee is evidently smarter than your brain. You have been given the data (repeatedly!) against a global flood from a variety of perspectives. You simply choose to either ignore it, lie about it or pretend it is incomplete.
The simple fact is that in all the research into genetics there has been no glaring, common bottleneck from 4500 years ago detected. If it had been, it would be front page news.
If you think there was a universal bottleneck 4500 years ago then prove it. Until then, it remains just another one of your useless assertions.
Odd how you rail again what you perceive as an assertion from anyone else but yet you hand them out like candy.
I also provide data supporting the assertions. That's all I ask of others and very often don't get.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#119917 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have addressed nearly every item on your list during my tenure here. Which one do you want first this time?
You have done nothing to explain or refute anything on that list or the many other items that challenge or completely rule out a global flood.

Pick anyone. Give yourself some time to develop a very convoluted, data-free argument and don't forget a backdoor to dodge your way out. Do a better job of trying to sound like you understand even a tenth of the material being discussed.
KAB

Taiwan

#119918 Jul 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have been told. Interesting that you don't dispute that.
I don't tend to dispute what is demonstrably true. It has been representatives of your side who have consistently done that.

Level 9

#119919 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also not likely evidence will be detected which is not sought.
If nothing happened and by virtue of that no evidence could exist to be found, then you wouldn't expect a search for it would you.

What we are left with is a delusional group of freaked out fanatics desperate to show that a non-existent event occured. As one of the spokespeople for this group, you don't bring science, reeason, logic or data to the table. You bring, myth, speculation and word fencing.

Level 9

#119920 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tend to dispute what is demonstrably true. It has been representatives of your side who have consistently done that.
Have you always been a liar or is this something you developed as you began to realize a lot of what you believe is pure nonsense?

I don't know about your side, but you are a pathetic liar that will stupe to any chicanary to support your completely demolished position.

Level 9

#119921 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I also provide data supporting the assertions. That's all I ask of others and very often don't get.
You almost never provide evidence of any sort to support your wild, illogical assertions. In those rare events when you have, it was poor data at best.

Now stop wasting time dodging and provide some evidence to support your wild assertions and get a grip.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#119922 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>It is also not likely evidence will be detected which is not sought.
No. You're suggesting incompetence on the part of the genetic scientists that FOUND a 70K year-old human bottleneck, but FAILED TO NOTICE a much more recent, and severe bottleneck.

Like locating a gnat in the Superdome, but not noticing the elephant on 2nd base-50-yard line.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119923 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, frankly no. You haven't, so the first one I'd like to see is your "honest" rationalization for completely mutilating both the spirit and the letter of the 9th commandment.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#119924 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Funny, I have been here longer than you and I don't even remember you ever making a serious move on any of them.

Don't be shy. Wow us.

Here is the list again, in case you forgot or are just trying to ignore your way out of it.

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>There is no reason to assume a global flood unless confirmed by data. I am awaiting data. I only respond to data. I provide data, but get no data in return.
1. I await your data explaining how most plant species survived being buried under hundreds of tons of water and sediment.
2. I await your data on how land animals from across vast oceans were able to get to the Ark and then disperse to their points of origin after a global flood.
3. I await your data explaining how the Atacama desert can have river beds that show no side of erosion for greater than 100,000 years.
4. I await your data explaining the absence of a genetic bottleneck in the animals purported to be on the Ark.
5. I await your data explaining how a wooden craft of the size described could maintain the structural rigidity to endure extended sailing in never before seen rough seas.
6. I await your data showing how extant cultures existed on either side of the timeline of the alleged flood.
7. I await your data explaining the existence of fossil meteor craters found world wide.
8. I await your data explaining how enough food and space was available to house and maintain all the animals said to be on the Ark.
9. I await your data on await your data explaining where all the flood water came when the volume necessary is not known to be available.
10. I await your data explaining why the monotheistic flood myth is predated by a similar (very much so) polytheistic flood myth.
11. I await your data explaining why the flood myths of China are in no way similar to the global flood myth outside of the fact that all are about floods.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119925 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The appropriate scientist/expert would look for data regarding the purported universal bottleneck. I don't know of any such scientist/expert. Do you?

Funny how no one is interested in researching the flat earth theory.

Why is that, do you think?

Maybe, and this is just off the cuff, maybe no one wants to research an idea that is refuted by evidence that already exists.

I know you are not so technically savvy as to be able to understand why, but that really isn't my problem, now is it?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#119926 Jul 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the Alice's adventures in Wonderland.
It is nice to see you are down to one line assertions. It makes your flailing about more obvious to all the lurkers.
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again, draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119927 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

This, again, are your delusions talking.

Since since this never happened we still are where we were before: the global flood myth stands refuted by multiple lines of evidence.

Most recently the human bottleneck data has shown that the story of Noah can not be true in the time frame you insist upon.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Santa Fe, NM

#119928 Jul 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Addressed? Sly choice of words. You may have addressed them but you haven't refuted any of them.
Hey, Mike.

You're pretty smart. Do me a favor if you would. I've got a Teletec DXP-L180 6 Meter power amp and it's got pins for disabling the preamp and hard keying the amplifier but I don't know what voltage level to apply or if they need to be grounded to disable/enable or what.

There is a link to the schematic at the bottom of this page but it opens in Photoshop and it's too blurry to read. Maybe you can get a better image. Maybe not.

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/ProductManua...

I think the schematics are for L175 but I imagine the switching is the same.

73, Dolly.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119929 Jul 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

This is a lie.

Remember, your cult is inspired by Satan who provides you with lies to tell.

The lack of a human bottleneck 4,500 ybp is demonstrably true.
You have disputed it.
Therefore you are incorrect in your statement.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119930 Jul 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If nothing happened and by virtue of that no evidence could exist to be found, then you wouldn't expect a search for it would you.
What we are left with is a delusional group of freaked out fanatics desperate to show that a non-existent event occured. As one of the spokespeople for this group, you don't bring science, reeason, logic or data to the table. You bring, myth, speculation and word fencing.

All of this is consistent with my hypothesis as to why KAB is here (other than to log time so he can get out of door knocking); that is to decrease his own cognitive dissonance regarding his internal doubts about the inconsistencies in his cult doctrine.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119931 Jul 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this is consistent with my hypothesis as to why KAB is here (other than to log time so he can get out of door knocking); that is to decrease his own cognitive dissonance regarding his internal doubts about the inconsistencies in his cult doctrine.
I think if he just ate more fruit and a little less cheese his cognitive dissonance would undergo some movement toward balancing his internal inconsistencies.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119932 Jul 18, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're suggesting incompetence on the part of the genetic scientists that FOUND a 70K year-old human bottleneck, but FAILED TO NOTICE a much more recent, and severe bottleneck.
Like locating a gnat in the Superdome, but not noticing the elephant on 2nd base-50-yard line.

Nice visual. I am very visual and the imagery is helpful to me.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min MADRONE 83,094
Post your Bible Science Verses that show Evolut... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 83
Golden Section in our DNA again proves DESIGN 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 8 hr Science 2,565
Bible 'Science' Verses opposing the Evolution R... 11 hr Science 120
Evolution is boring as Hell 11 hr Science 4
The worst enemies of Creationism are "religioni... 11 hr Science 22
More from around the web