It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163061 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Taiwan

#119752 Jul 16, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU seem to have forgotten that such tsunamis hitting land would have left behind physical evidence that does not exist. Whoops, you failed.
What part of 'there was no land' do you not understand?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#119753 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a judgment call, so I won't argue the point. I try not to be emotionally caustic, avoid name-calling, and stick to readily demonstrable facts. That is not true for a number of you.

You don't avoid lying at all. Maybe you are so delusional that you really think you are who you pretend to be. As for the rest of us we see your dishonesty, your misplaced arrogance and your simplistic ideas about the world. We are amused and appalled at the same time.

Really, if you believe you are not lying then a visit to a mental hospital is in order (outpatient would take months to help you).

In the mean time let me point out (again) you avoid facts like the plague.

Here you are with a refuted idea (Biblical flood) and you are still going on about it as if the genetic and physical evidence did not exist.

Are you that desperate to support your cult,... or your own ego?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119754 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a Bible, or do you want to stick with physical data exclusively?

As the physical data has refuted you, you better retreat to the bible again.

How about another of your random Bible quotes?

Zechariah 7:9-10

http://www.sandersweb.net/bible/verse.php

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119755 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You indicated my statement about vitriol was a projection.

Do be stupid. You are too go at it for me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119756 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you have going for you. You will always be entitled to your opinion. However, it will never change the facts, which are available for anyone to examine.

All the REAL people here have examined them and they don't support you nor your cults nonsense. In addition to having the lowest income and lowest standard of education, your cult also has the highest rate of schizophrenia.

Those are the facts. What is your opinion on them?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119757 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that change the fact that you were demonstrably incorrect, AGAIN!?

LOL. That wasn't even a good try.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119758 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the African buffalo.

Was that buffalo a European swallow buffalo or an African swallow buffalo?

[From the book 'More Jokes KAB Does Not Get']

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119759 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Genesis may not be true is where I began decades ago and continue to this day as new data comes to my attention.

Another outright lie.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119760 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that none of the 4500 year old flood evidence is from a global flood?

Because we have established that there was no global flood.

You can't refute it so you try to ignore it away.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119761 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

What part of the mythical flood did not instantly cover all land nor instantly recede do you not understand?

Or have you forgot the flood has been refuted genetically (in addition to a couple hundred other ways).

Don't worry,
Lie happy now.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#119762 Jul 16, 2013
The Hang of God wrote:
You continue to breathe?
Truly the Mercies of the Almighty Endure Forever...
Yep, Odin sure is great!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119763 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're starting to appear confused. That can happen when you repeatedly veer off topic.

Your ability to dodge is failing you.

Chimney example is certainly detectable (evidence: it was detected). And if memory serves (and it does) I also provided you with some of the variables that would be involved in that detectability.
Issue resolved. See what happens when you make shit up?
<quoted text>
That is your arena of expertise so we will rely on your view.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119764 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you have going for you. You will always be entitled to your opinion. However, it will never change the facts, which are available for anyone to examine.
Just like you have your opinion about the Bible being true, but it won't change the facts.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119765 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the African buffalo.
And human beings. Where's the genetic bottleneck dating to around 4500 years ago?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#119766 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that none of the 4500 year old flood evidence is from a global flood?
Give it up. There are far too many place that show NO FRIGGIN EVIDENCE of your silly flood. You lose.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#119767 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So the land instantly flatten out.

How do you avoid the global meltdown? Scientifically, I mean. With evidence and data. Putz.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#119768 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
If there was no land, where did the mythical people build the make believe boat?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#119769 Jul 17, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Excuses clothed in fantasy are not explanations and need not be treated as such.
except that in not a single one of my refutations of your phony arguments did you ever identify an excuse or a fantasy. You merely waited a while and tried to repeat the arguments which I and others had discredited. You were incapable of refuting them so as a dishonest opponent merely tried to ignore them. It does not work that way in the world of reason and evidence Marksman. It might work in your fantasyland of ancient myths, for people who are ruled by hope and fear before logic.

Level 6

Location hidden

#119770 Jul 17, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the mainstream tell Copernicus he was wacked, and was he correct? That's the extent of the comparison. To wit, having everyone against you doesn't mean you're wrong, so you should cease using that fallacious line of reasoning.
Hell that is funny. Copernicus was a rare thing then, an empiricist who challenged an orthodoxy derived from interpretation of ancient scripture. Times have changed. Now its the scripturalists like you fighting a losing battle against empiricists, who won the race thanks to the courage of their early proponents like Copernicus and Galileo against scripturalists who were willing to torture and burn heretics.

They have even won to the point where a scripturalist like you has to pretend to be talking our language, as you prattle about data then conveniently ignore the main consequence of a data based approach. Namely, that your scripture fails to stack up.

Level 6

Location hidden

#119771 Jul 17, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't given any evidence yet. You've just been trying to reason your way thru the situation, and you're currently in conflict with yourself. You now acknowledge, not surprisingly, that haplotypes, in general, live to a ripe old age. Yet you gave a straightforward mathematical analysis of how each one, upon being introduced, disappears in about 24 generations. Now reconcile the conflict, or you could cut to the chase and provide direct observation data from the real world showing what does happen.
No, I gave you links to haplotype data way back. You then questioned how it worked and I have attempted to explain despite the limitations of this forum. I see you still dont get it. There is no conclusion from what I have posted that the max lifespan of a haplotype is 24 generations. You are forgetting that while 25% of females provide no mitochondrial haplotype to the next generation, the other 75% provide 100% Thus its a random process whether a given haplotype becomes more or less prevalent down the line and no maximum age limit.
You are drawing the wrong conclusions. I suggest you take a piece of paper or a spreadsheet and work it out for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 hr Agents of Corruption 222,265
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,461
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 14 hr Science 1,412
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 hr Dogen 78,757
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! Aug 19 Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web