It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160303 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Taiwan

#119727 Jul 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And you data for an upwelling flood?
Genesis 7:11
The Hang of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#119728 Jul 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The techniques used to detect a genetic bottleneck are more than good enough to show that none occurred around 4500 years ago for any species so far examined. That is more than enough to kill your flood theory no matter how you try to lie your way out of it...
Even I who would say that I am a Christian, am puzzled by the way some Bible believers cling to the actuality of many of the events recorded in the Bible.

***Make no mistake, I am in no way saying that the words of the Bible are not REAL***

The words of the Bible point to a reality and as a matter of fact, describe realities; but many people dont understand the nature of what is "real".

There is never any need to debate whether or not the stories of the Bible are analogical, mythological etc; for none of that undermines the reality and truth that they describe...

Reality is determined by equality (the essence of truth); not matter nor energy nor time.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119729 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how when you demand data, you expect measurements, graphs, narratives, dates of the last calibration of equipment used and color photograph with circles, arrows and a paragraph on the back.

Genesis doesn't PROVE shit. You need ***evidence***. Perhaps you've heard of it. Then again, maybe not.
KAB

Taiwan

#119730 Jul 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you do like pretend play.
Since you have nothing you want to pretend it never happened and start over so you can keep arguing.
Your previous comments about lurkers interests me. If such a creature existed then how do you think THEY would feel about your dishonesty, subterfuge, smoke-screening, and misleading prose? Don't you think they could see through that just as easy as the rest of us do?
I have little doubt that people like you, a number of such manifest here, will respond as you do. I also know and am thankful that not all people are like you. The unknown for me is whether any of them are observing this forum.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119731 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little doubt that people like you, a number of such manifest here, will respond as you do. I also know and am thankful that not all people are like you. The unknown for me is whether any of them are observing this forum.
The unknown for you is pretty much everything, Oh Clueless One.
KAB

Taiwan

#119732 Jul 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They are barely noticeable. What does that have to do with your gentle, upwelling flood?
Your comrades think that Earth would show unmistakable scars from the tsunamis generated from any significant transformation of Earth's surface contours resulting from the global flood. Please help me to educate them in this matter. They're much more likely to give positive attention to you.
KAB

Taiwan

#119733 Jul 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I recall several examples. I can't provide links, but you have expressed anger by use of colorful invective.
It's a judgment call, so I won't argue the point. I try not to be emotionally caustic, avoid name-calling, and stick to readily demonstrable facts. That is not true for a number of you.
KAB

Taiwan

#119734 Jul 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>But you are the one that needs to provide data. It is your assertion that the biblical flood is a real event. Where is the data? I have yet to see your data.
Do you have a Bible, or do you want to stick with physical data exclusively?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#119735 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

That does not provide any information as to the flood dynamics.

Why the interest in this bit of mythology?

Remember, we know from the data that no global flood ever happened and certainly did not happen 4,500 years ago.

Never argue with the data - Sheene.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119736 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comrades think that Earth would show unmistakable scars from the tsunamis generated from any significant transformation of Earth's surface contours resulting from the global flood. Please help me to educate them in this matter. They're much more likely to give positive attention to you.
If so then that is likely due to the fact they do not feel that I'm totally full of shit. A problem you have yet to overcome.

In any event, your absurd shifting of the earth's crust would cause massive tsunamis which would, in fact, deeply scar lands they came in contact with. Not in the open sea, doofus, where the water is deep but as it nears land and the ocean floor shallows.

BTW, your 'transformation' would also incinerate the planet. So the tsunamis would be small potatoes anyway.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119737 Jul 16, 2013
The Hang of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Even I who would say that I am a Christian, am puzzled by the way some Bible believers cling to the actuality of many of the events recorded in the Bible.
***Make no mistake, I am in no way saying that the words of the Bible are not REAL***
The words of the Bible point to a reality and as a matter of fact, describe realities; but many people dont understand the nature of what is "real".
There is never any need to debate whether or not the stories of the Bible are analogical, mythological etc; for none of that undermines the reality and truth that they describe...
Reality is determined by equality (the essence of truth); not matter nor energy nor time.

I have been trying to tell KAB this for years.

He is actually quite stupid this way.

Maybe a bit more information would help you understand; he is a member of a religious cult that is based on pseudoliteralism. By name the Jehovah (sic) Witnesses.

KAB

Taiwan

#119738 Jul 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I give an example of your vitriol as I was not discussing such. Which word do you need to have defined; vitriol or projection?
I was responding to your EXAMPLE of projection.
Didn't you get that?
Duh.
You indicated my statement about vitriol was a projection.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119739 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a Bible, or do you want to stick with physical data exclusively?
Sheesh!{head/desk}

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119740 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

They aren't. Sorry. Only smart people are here, save for yourself.
KAB

Taiwan

#119741 Jul 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that is a lie. What you ACTUALLY do is to make an assertion that something did occur. Then, based on that assertion, decide to seek data regarding the matter.
My approach was to provide the data that it is not possible based on a number of lines of evidence (most recently the bottleneck refutation).
At any rate the flood has been refuted. It is not possible based on the bottleneck data alone.
You know it and it eats at you.
I assert.
You lie.
I win.
One thing you have going for you. You will always be entitled to your opinion. However, it will never change the facts, which are available for anyone to examine.
KAB

Taiwan

#119742 Jul 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again.
We have already confirmed there was no Noachian flood other than in mythology.
Does that change the fact that you were demonstrably incorrect, AGAIN!?
KAB

Taiwan

#119743 Jul 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Chimney example is certainly detectable (evidence: it was detected). And if memory serves (and it does) I also provided you with some of the variables that would be involved in that detectability.
Issue resolved. See what happens when you make shit up?
<quoted text>
That is your arena of expertise so we will rely on your view.
You're starting to appear confused. That can happen when you repeatedly veer off topic.
KAB

Taiwan

#119744 Jul 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The techniques used to detect a genetic bottleneck are more than good enough to show that none occurred around 4500 years ago for any species so far examined. That is more than enough to kill your flood theory no matter how you try to lie your way out of it. And this is just one line of multiple lines of evidence that refute a global flood. You can hem and haw and behave like a child, but that evidence is not going away or is not going to change its story.
Fitting that you end your post in a lie, since you have been lying all this time.
Don't forget the African buffalo.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#119745 Jul 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So no data then.
KAB

Taiwan

#119746 Jul 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
"Broken tooth in dino tail 'proves' T. rex was predator"
http://phys.org/news/2013-07-broken-tooth-din...
Must have happened after "The Fall", eh KAB?
What makes you think that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Dogen 61,351
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Dogen 28,320
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 30 min Dogen 2,687
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 31 min Aura Mytha 220,637
Curious dilemma about DNA 7 hr Subduction Zone 2
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Mar 23 Regolith Based Li... 99
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mar 16 Dogen 180,394
More from around the web