It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
117,341 - 117,360 of 136,100 Comments Last updated 45 min ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not stated that the effects of the global flood disappeared as soon as the flood subsided.

But you really need that to be true for your theology to work.

And it isn't true, is it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 11:1 is the starting point data for questions regarding Hebrews 11:1, which is what began this analysis. Perhaps you missed that.

No, sorry. Heb. 11:1 was thrown in by you as a smokescreen and therefore is not relevant to this conversation.

Perhaps you forgot that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not peer beneath the surface of the Red Sea.

More smokescreen.

You just can't quit your compulsive lying.

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The mass extinction and deposition layer would be detectable over hundreds of millions of years. The KT boundary was first proposed as "proof" of the global flood - and as quickly dismissed as wishful thinking.
Funny how an abject lack of evidence for any of hundreds of (geologic and historically modern) biblical claims are met with "but that doesn't prove it didn't happen", but if a tooth were missing from a fossil jaw the same folks would claim it debunks warehouses full of evolutionary data.
Oh, BTW KAB... did you happen to check out the topology of the Red Sea bottom at the lat and long you cited?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your observations further expose your error and ignorance.

No, my observations were dead-on-balls accurate. Review my post again and prove me wrong if you can.

Remember, your cult members are uneducated and ignorant EVEN BY CULT STANDARDS!! More H.S. drop outs than college graduates by far.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A number of untrue statements, the silliest of which is the idea that people (other than scientists, of course) are actually convinced by data.
Most of your beliefs are well removed from the data. How does one who values data join such a obviously warped, data adverse, mind control cult like the Watchtower cult? The clear answer is that such people would never join such a cult.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes

Why does it matter? We share over 70% of the same DNA with zebra danios.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read and understood it then you can explain how the measurement technology/methodology would detect a one year inundation. I suggest the approach to take is to assume a one year inundation 4500 years ago and consider how that would affect the data collected/observed by the scientists.
Why would you need a one year resolution to show that sediments that have not been moved before or since a single event are still there? You are either too stupid to understand or, as I think, just lying to seem like you know something. They were not trying to find a particular time period and they didn't need to. If you are looking to see how old something is and you determine that the age is older than a flood you think occurred then it is logical that the flood did not occur when you think it did. For a flood that is claimed to have eroded the Grand Canyon, it was apparently as gentle a spring breeze on the sediment of the Atacama.

The surface sediment of the Atacama shows ages exceeding 100,000 years.

This sediment would not be where it is if a flood of global scale occurred 4500 years ago.

The sediment is there.

NO FLOOD.

I know, I know. These guys weren't looking for evidence of a global flood. You would look for the flood because you feel that somehow that would magically change the results. You know why tehy weren't looking for evidence of a global flood? They weren't morons.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter? We share over 70% of the same DNA with zebra danios.
Huh..'magine that. Must have happened when Jonah had to relieve himself in those 3 days within their Megalodanio ancestor.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Never happened. The pyramid that was in construction 4,501 years ago was still in construction 4,500 years ago and 4,999 years ago.
Writing dates back 5,500 years at the very least. Civilizations, writing systems, architecture, art..... were unchanged from 4,501 ybp to 4,999 ybp.
http://www.historyofinformation.com/index.php...
Of course there are cave paintings made from water soluble "paints" that go back a lot longer than that.
Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately, it lacks data regarding how the artifacts were dated.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately, it lacks data regarding how the artifacts were dated.
If the mythical flood allegedly formed our current topography and that is the only explanation for how mountains formed etc., how come there are mountains on the moon and other planets?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stick with the physical evidence. How are the time intervals which are then totaled back to the common ancestor determined?
You know, I started down this road explaining how it would work to you a few days back. Your response indicated that you could not even follow what I was saying. Want to try again?

In summary, the dispersion of a single haplotype variation depends on the generation time. In a stable population the number of pure female lines will diminish by 1/4 in the first generation, 1/4 of the remaining 3/4 in the next, and so on, until we are down to single haplotype line. This is because in a stable population, approx 1/4 of females will fail to provide a female heir.

If you started with say 1000 females, in a stable population, this means it would take 24 generations to get to ONE.

= 1000 x 0.75^24 = 1 (^ means "to the power of")

However, if there had been one woman in the original population with a particular variant haplotype, what are the chances that HER variant would be the one to survive 24 generations? One in a thousand of course!

So you can see its going to take a very long time for a new haplotype to express through a population.

Not only that, but new variations enter the picture during the 24 generations. We have one haplotype variant giving rise to daughter and granddaughter additional variations, forming a nested hierarchy (and this is how the real human migration pattern of the last 60,000 years was worked out, too).

I am confident that when scientists taking this and other complications into account say that the descent from mt-Eve took 200,000 years and could not possibly be squeezed into 5000, that they are making sense.

This is a body of evidence that not a single creationist objector has ever been able to fault to any degree that would make a 5000 year window possible.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being such a dick. You know as well as we do how the dating was arrived at.

You insistence at providing every piece of supporting data for each and every comment is both childish and tiresome.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being such a dick. You know as well as we do how the dating was arrived at.
You insistence at providing every piece of supporting data for each and every comment is both childish and tiresome.
Well, we already know his established protocols when dealing with facts. If he can't wave them away, he'll lie about them.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB demands that you deliver an entire thesis plus all supporting documents before he will accept anything, right here on topix. Oh, wait, even that is not enough.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately you have the capacity to ignore the actual data and play make believe. No amount of data can stop that. But the data actually fully rules out the possibility of a global flood 4,500 years ago.
Unless you can account for civilizations being rebuilt overnight with the same culture, language, art, technology, as existed prior to the flood.
Why would people just a few generations removed from Noah take up finishing a pyramid that was under construction prior to the flood?
You really have to be retarded to believe that stuff literally, especially since the Bible was not written by people who thought in literal terms.
What "under construction before, during, and after the purported Noachian flood" do you have in mind?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your understanding of the SHORTEST time the global flood EVIDENCE could have persisted?
That is the relevant issue, is is not?
The cosmic ray exposure interruption could have been as short as about one year.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. The famous imaginary lurkers. Marky was big on that fantasy as well.
What we care about is evidence. Facts. Your word salads are neither.
Do you consider the significant number of IDs beyond the regular posters for your side to be imaginary?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
We are the only ones here. If there were any lurkers do you think, based on the evidence presented, they would actually be on your side? If there were lurkers they would likely be here for the comic relief of your posts.
By the way, how can I get a hold of your animal trainer ("elder") so I can tell them how well you are doing. Maybe someday you can become a "faithful and discreet slave", though I think that unlikely due to your mental limitations.
You know that the Watchtower cult has the lowest average education of any religious denomination in the U.S.(With at least 500k members)? They also have the lowest average income, second lowest household income, lowest standard of living, lowest employment rate, highest rate of mental illness.
References happily provided upon request.
Have you not noticed the significant number of IDs beyond the regular posters from your side?

Also, please provide those references.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider the significant number of IDs beyond the regular posters for your side to be imaginary?
I have no idea. Not something I concern myself with.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your side" being "people who demand evidence to support claims, and who accept the best understanding of reality as arrived at via the scientific method." Yes, people on THAT side don't care. But, if there are morons who are just looking for someone who sounds kind of smart and shares their religious beliefs, you might be a useful idiot.
Actually, I have in mind those who require data rather than understanding, and recognize the difference.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you seek to prove there was a fire-breathing dragon living in my basement?
I would monitor your basement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••