It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 166398 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#119511 Jul 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
There are times when you almost make sense.
This wasn't one of them.

Seriously? What were you drinking when you thought he almost made sense?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#119512 Jul 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Ooops, that was suppose to be Chuckles, not KAB, but meh, same thing applies.
Your zero evidence has confirmed that. JESUS existed and he is still in existence today. Your sheer ignorance can never bend or change the truth, Kit.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#119513 Jul 12, 2013
This thread is 5872 ages long, and currently contains 119512 posts......and still, human from non-human evolution has NEVER been documented to have ever been observed, and you evolutionist still have no idea how life originated. I thank GOD for the scientific method!!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119514 Jul 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your zero evidence has confirmed that. JESUS existed and he is still in existence today. Your sheer ignorance can never bend or change the truth, Kit.

It really depends on what is meant by "evidence" in this case.

In her defense there are no 1st persons (eyewitness) accounts of Jesus. There is no direct physical evidence of his life (artifacts, etc). Much of his story can be culled from a collection of attributes of other gods & heros.

However, we have (at the very least) fragments of 3rd hand accounts and mention of him in late 1st century documents. We also have the 4 biblical accounts (which may have had earlier source documents) which tell similar (though clearly not exactly the same) stories.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119515 Jul 12, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
This thread is 5872 ages long, and currently contains 119512 posts......and still, human from non-human evolution has NEVER been documented to have ever been observed, and you evolutionist still have no idea how life originated. I thank GOD for the scientific method!!

Drive-by lie.

Evolution is well documented and the pre, proto and modern human records give a very clear account of our development as does our DNA.

Evolution meets every criteria of the scientific method and is still a hallmark scientific theory with no factual evidence to dispute it.

Still.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#119516 Jul 12, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
Oh I get it. Someone should have given Turkana Boy a notepad and pen so he and his buddies could document their own evoluton.

"I AM JUST CERTAIN THAT MY BRAIN IS .002 CM3 LARGER THAN DAD'S! COULD I BE EVOLVING???? "

Fortunately for us, even though they took no notes, they left behind enough fossil evidence for us to work it out for ourselves. Evidence predicted and explained by evolution, evidence the creationism neither expected us to find nor can explain away.

And that hasnt changed on 100k of posts either.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119518 Jul 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
To meet your BS requirement of a one year resolution that is exactly what would be required. Everything would have had to have occurred and recovered within a year.
<quoted text>
Atacama was not the only thing referenced. You need to see about that CRS.
I was only relating the one year resolution to cosmic ray exposure data. Perhaps you want to provide other data.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119519 Jul 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the author(s) of the story didn't either.
I suspect the author of the account knew where the crossing took place.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119520 Jul 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The evidence all disappeared over the following 4500 years, despite the fact that flood evidence from millions of years ago still exists. But, only from that one flood, the greatest flood the planet would have ever known. But, evidence from much smaller floods continues to exist around the world from much longer ago, as well as from more recently.
Cite a specific flood, and we'll see if it was characteristically the same as the Noachian flood.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119521 Jul 13, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
But you really need that to be true for your theology to work.
And it isn't true, is it.
No, I don't need all effects of the global flood to disappear in one year, and I'm sure they didn't. Some may, in fact, still remain.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119522 Jul 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you need a one year resolution to show that sediments that have not been moved before or since a single event are still there? You are either too stupid to understand or, as I think, just lying to seem like you know something. They were not trying to find a particular time period and they didn't need to. If you are looking to see how old something is and you determine that the age is older than a flood you think occurred then it is logical that the flood did not occur when you think it did. For a flood that is claimed to have eroded the Grand Canyon, it was apparently as gentle a spring breeze on the sediment of the Atacama.
The surface sediment of the Atacama shows ages exceeding 100,000 years.
This sediment would not be where it is if a flood of global scale occurred 4500 years ago.
The sediment is there.
NO FLOOD.
I know, I know. These guys weren't looking for evidence of a global flood. You would look for the flood because you feel that somehow that would magically change the results. You know why tehy weren't looking for evidence of a global flood? They weren't morons.
I don't claim the Noachian flood eroded the Grand Canyon.
KAB

Tokyo, Japan

#119523 Jul 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If the mythical flood allegedly formed our current topography and that is the only explanation for how mountains formed etc., how come there are mountains on the moon and other planets?
I'm sure you know that a global flood is not the only way to form a mountain.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#119524 Jul 13, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Fortunately for us, even though they took no notes, they left behind enough fossil evidence for us to work it out for ourselves.
Fossil evidence? Really? You believe and accept evolution based on fossils in which the only information they can convey is that something once lived, died, and left an image of itself. They can not give any information on heredity, just that something once existed, and that is all. Human from non-human evolution has never been documented observed in the history of our planet, we don't observe it today, it can not be replicated and there is no test to prove it true. It is nothing but a faith based belief, and an atheistic philosophy. Nothing more, and never has been.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#119525 Jul 13, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
And, in all those posts, nobody has EVER shown 1.10 to be greater than 1.9!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119526 Jul 13, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil evidence? Really? You believe and accept evolution based on fossils in which the only information they can convey is that something once lived, died, and left an image of itself. They can not give any information on heredity, just that something once existed, and that is all. Human from non-human evolution has never been documented observed in the history of our planet, we don't observe it today, it can not be replicated and there is no test to prove it true. It is nothing but a faith based belief, and an atheistic philosophy. Nothing more, and never has been.
The claims regarding science made by someone who has explicitly admitted that he can't tell whether a skull belonged to a human or an elephant unless they're alive so he can see if there's a soul that he can somehow identify without being able to objectively demonstrate it, and thinks he can see electrons because he sees lightning, and thinks the map is the place, and thinks phenomena explained by a theory ARE the theory...these claims can be immediately dismissed as ridiculous balderdash. You're too stupid to understand how stupid you are, and that makes you think you're the smartest person in the world. You're Dunning-Kruger^Dunning-Kruger.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119527 Jul 13, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you know that a global flood is not the only way to form a mountain.
Hell, you can't demonstrate that a global flood could form a mountain in the first place.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119528 Jul 13, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't need all effects of the global flood to disappear in one year, and I'm sure they didn't. Some may, in fact, still remain.
Right. You just can't find any of it. Nor can anybody else. Like that universal genetic bottleneck.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#119529 Jul 13, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite a specific flood, and we'll see if it was characteristically the same as the Noachian flood.
No. We still see evidence of floods that happened far earlier, and for far less time, than the alleged flood you think happened. We still see evidence of floods more recent that lasted far less time than your Bible story flood. We also see evidence of floods that have lasted much longer than this storybook flood, both from earlier and later than the Bible story flood. Yet, we can't manage to find evidence of the most cataclysmic event to ever strike the face of the Earth, from a mere 4500 years ago. Millions of years ago? Lasted a few weeks or months, even? Yep. Thousands of years ago, lasted a whole year, affected the entire planet? Nope. Can't find anything for that. How far do you have to suspend disbelief to accept these myths as anything more than such?
KAB

Taiwan

#119530 Jul 13, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter? We share over 70% of the same DNA with zebra danios.
The amount of genetic diversity among humans goes to how long it might take to generate that diversity.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#119531 Jul 13, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim the Noachian flood eroded the Grand Canyon.
Well that is a step in the right direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 87,614
What's your religion? 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 774
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 13 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,843
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Feb 21 Anonymous 1,825
Scientific Method Feb 15 stinky 20
Evolving A Maze Solving Robot Feb 6 Untangler 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 1 Rose_NoHo 223,358
More from around the web