It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
117,321 - 117,340 of 135,622 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some common ground: demanding we prove a negative (prove there is no genetic bottleneck) is both dishonest and an abdication of the burden of proof, as well as an admission that you don't trust geneticists to competently identify genetic bottlenecks in the first place, or that you think they ARE competent but are engaged in a conspiracy to hide evidence. Prove your silly Bible story is true or admit you have no rational justification for believing it.

Beautifully worded. You say what I think better than I can.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your understanding of the longest time the global flood reports allow or it otherwise could have persisted?
Please cite the Bible's contradictory passages in this matter.
Tommy and Leon can be resurrected to live forever.
WTF? Global flood reports? Does USGS maintain records of global floods?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't expect any of the regular posters from your side to care at all. If I thought you were the only ones here, I wouldn't be.
Of course. The famous imaginary lurkers. Marky was big on that fantasy as well.

What we care about is evidence. Facts. Your word salads are neither.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your understanding of the longest time the global flood reports allow or it otherwise could have persisted?
Please cite the Bible's contradictory passages in this matter.
Tommy and Leon can be resurrected to live forever.

What is your understanding of the SHORTEST time the global flood EVIDENCE could have persisted?

That is the relevant issue, is is not?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't expect any of the regular posters from your side to care at all. If I thought you were the only ones here, I wouldn't be.

We are the only ones here. If there were any lurkers do you think, based on the evidence presented, they would actually be on your side? If there were lurkers they would likely be here for the comic relief of your posts.

By the way, how can I get a hold of your animal trainer ("elder") so I can tell them how well you are doing. Maybe someday you can become a "faithful and discreet slave", though I think that unlikely due to your mental limitations.

You know that the Watchtower cult has the lowest average education of any religious denomination in the U.S.(With at least 500k members)? They also have the lowest average income, second lowest household income, lowest standard of living, lowest employment rate, highest rate of mental illness.

References happily provided upon request.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some common ground: demanding we prove a negative (prove there is no genetic bottleneck) is both dishonest and an abdication of the burden of proof, as well as an admission that you don't trust geneticists to competently identify genetic bottlenecks in the first place, or that you think they ARE competent but are engaged in a conspiracy to hide evidence. Prove your silly Bible story is true or admit you have no rational justification for believing it.
How would you seek to prove there was a "universal" bottleneck 4500 years ago?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your side" being "people who demand evidence to support claims, and who accept the best understanding of reality as arrived at via the scientific method." Yes, people on THAT side don't care. But, if there are morons who are just looking for someone who sounds kind of smart and shares their religious beliefs, you might be a useful idiot.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you seek to prove there was a fire-breathing dragon living in my basement?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, this is as explicit an admission that KAB has no clue what he's talking about as we're likely to ever get.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that has already been explained to you, repeated asking of that same question is dishonest. Why do you constantly have to lie to defend your religious beliefs? Why is honesty so caustic to you?
There have been a number of failed attempts to explain, but none have or can change the fact that cosmic ray exposure measurements just don't have one year resolution. Ask the scientists, which none of you apparently are.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Genetic bottlenecks are identified by the loss of genetic variation.

There is no universal bottleneck 4,500 years ago therefore there was no global flood. Period.

Giant pandas and the golden snub-nosed monkey show evidence of a severe bottleneck that took place about 43,000 years ago.

Galápagos Islands giant tortoises about 88,000 years ago

Humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, cheetahs, rhesus macaques, orangutans and tigers.- 70,000 years ago.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the effects a one year inundation would be detectable over hundreds or thousands of years. How many times to you have to be told this??? Can you name any *REAL* major flood who's effects disappeared as soon as the flood subsided?
I have not stated that the effects of the global flood disappeared as soon as the flood subsided. Isn't this consideration about the work done in the Atacama? That involved cosmic ray exposure measurements.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't anything "logical" or "evidentiary" about Hebrews 11:1. It is equally applicable to the monster under the bed, 7 years bad luck in breaking a mirror and astrology. Why do you insipidly insist that your favorite Bible passages are "data"?
Hebrews 11:1 is the starting point data for questions regarding Hebrews 11:1, which is what began this analysis. Perhaps you missed that.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The mass extinction and deposition layer would be detectable over hundreds of millions of years. The KT boundary was first proposed as "proof" of the global flood - and as quickly dismissed as wishful thinking.
Funny how an abject lack of evidence for any of hundreds of (geologic and historically modern) biblical claims are met with "but that doesn't prove it didn't happen", but if a tooth were missing from a fossil jaw the same folks would claim it debunks warehouses full of evolutionary data.
Oh, BTW KAB... did you happen to check out the topology of the Red Sea bottom at the lat and long you cited?
I did not peer beneath the surface of the Red Sea.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been a number of failed attempts to explain, but none have or can change the fact that cosmic ray exposure measurements just don't have one year resolution. Ask the scientists...
The scientists have been consulted. They are in agreement that a one year resolution of anything is not necessary to detect a global catastrophic flood.
KAB wrote:
...which none of you apparently are.
But at least we're not a jackass.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A number of untrue statements, the silliest of which is the idea that people (other than scientists, of course) are actually convinced by data.
Most of your beliefs are well removed from the data. How does one who values data join such a obviously warped, data adverse, mind control cult like the Watchtower cult? The clear answer is that such people would never join such a cult.
Your observations further expose your error and ignorance.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean random human to random human?
Yes

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not stated that the effects of the global flood disappeared as soon as the flood subsided.

To meet your BS requirement of a one year resolution that is exactly what would be required. Everything would have had to have occurred and recovered within a year.
KAB wrote:
Isn't this consideration about the work done in the Atacama? That involved cosmic ray exposure measurements.
Atacama was not the only thing referenced. You need to see about that CRS.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not peer beneath the surface of the Red Sea.
Obviously, the author(s) of the story didn't either.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not stated that the effects of the global flood disappeared as soon as the flood subsided. Isn't this consideration about the work done in the Atacama? That involved cosmic ray exposure measurements.
Right. The evidence all disappeared over the following 4500 years, despite the fact that flood evidence from millions of years ago still exists. But, only from that one flood, the greatest flood the planet would have ever known. But, evidence from much smaller floods continues to exist around the world from much longer ago, as well as from more recently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••