It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163810 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#119166 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you move so quickly away from those last two frames (what we can see directly)? Why not extract some directly observed numbers from them and project to see what results? How well does it match the fossil record of life's rate of progress? It sure beats just presuming that evolution's rate of progress was whatever it had to be to match the record. Such reasoning has a rather circular quality to it, don't you think?

The fossil record is directly observed.

Again, I have to point out that it appears you have never taken a science class.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119167 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for a relatively reasonable elaboration. So, did it take 2 billion years (i.e., 5 trillion generations) to achieve eukaryote or not?

That sound like a reasonable number, though I have not done the math nor do I think such math is likely very valid.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119168 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you acknowledge science, for the most part, doesn't guarantee its answers are correct. One virtually always has to have faith.

False dichotomy.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119169 Jul 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record is directly observed.
Again, I have to point out that it appears you have never taken a science class.
Oh, nice! Throw out the empirical evidence card. How unfair of you.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119170 Jul 3, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, nice! Throw out the empirical evidence card. How unfair of you.

I know. I get a bit sadistic at times.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#119171 Jul 3, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Brace for impact!
((((shields up!))))
KAB

United States

#119172 Jul 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this MY job?
I don't think so.
Since you are inept at locating data I will throw you one bone.
http://ice2.uab.ca t/argo/Argo_actualitzacio/argo _butlleti/ccee/geologia/arxius /1Ambrose%201998.pdf
The link is not working for me.
KAB

United States

#119173 Jul 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick any real Bible and look at it.
What are you afraid of? Why another dodge attempt?
Here are ONLY the relevant verses from Gen 1 (NASB)
==-=-=-=-=
2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep
3 Then God said,“Let there be light”; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
[DUH.... slobber,.. droooooll ..... He called the light DAY and the darkness NIGHT..... how can anyone be so stupid that this is not perfectly clear]
8 God called the [i]expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day....
13 There was evening and there was morning, a third day.
14 Then God said,“Let there be [s]lights in the [t]expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;
15 and let them be for [u]lights in the [v]expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so.
16 God made the two [w]great lights, the greater [x]light [y]to govern the day, and the lesser [z]light [aa]to govern the night; He made the stars also.
17 God placed them in the [ab]expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,
18 and [ac]to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
23 There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
31.....And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Was that calling the light day a 24 hour day? Was the evening and morning a 24 hour day? Were the day references to different intervals of time? Does the use of evening or morning always have to refer to part of a 24 hour day?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#119174 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The link is not working for me.
Try taking out the spaces. They don't belong.

Alternatively, try this: http://tinyurl.com/kogw5uh

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119175 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that calling the light day a 24 hour day? Was the evening and morning a 24 hour day? Were the day references to different intervals of time? Does the use of evening or morning always have to refer to part of a 24 hour day?
Context, jackass. Context.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#119176 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.

To all of the above.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119177 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Where are you getting 24 hours out of my posts. I left that bone out on purpose because I know that a dog can't resist chewing on bones.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119178 Jul 3, 2013
So Far KAB has not been able to respond (meaningfully) to this:

Pick any real Bible and look at it.
What are you afraid of? Why another dodge attempt?
Here are ONLY the relevant verses from Gen 1 (NASB)
==-=-=-=-=
2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep
3 Then God said,“Let there be light”; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
[DUH.... slobber,.. droooooll ..... He called the light DAY and the darkness NIGHT..... how can anyone be so stupid that this is not perfectly clear]
8 God called the [i]expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day....
13 There was evening and there was morning, a third day.
14 Then God said,“Let there be [s]lights in the [t]expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;
15 and let them be for [u]lights in the [v]expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so.
16 God made the two [w]great lights, the greater [x]light [y]to govern the day, and the lesser [z]light [aa]to govern the night; He made the stars also.
17 God placed them in the [ab]expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,
18 and [ac]to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
23 There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
31.....And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

==========

Your failure is noted and logged.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#119179 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>((((shields up!))))
http://youtu.be/COrOBw1KOgE

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119180 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
To all of the above.

Actually, there are not different intervals of time in Gen 1. Only Days (Alternating period of light and darkness - aka morning and evening).

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#119181 Jul 3, 2013
KAB, how come you still haven't explained the pattern of design we see among things human beings design? You've described it several times. I'm quite sure it's because you know that the explanation invalidates your perception of God as omniscient. But, maybe you have a good reason for having neglected this basic question that I've asked many times. Feel free to NOT simply describe the pattern as you've done in the past. Do go ahead and EXPLAIN it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#119183 Jul 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
BLASPHEMY!!!

>:-(

KAB

Wilson, NC

#119184 Jul 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Chapter two of Genesis says in the day that God created the heavens and the earth, so this leads me to believe it was all created at once and God overviewed his work for six days and then he rested on the seventh day and his work was finished after he had seen to it that it was all good.
Don't trust what you're led to believe. The account in Genesis 1 clearly documents that YHWH took specific creative action on each of the 6 days. "Day" in Genesis 2 must, therefore, refer to the 6 preceding "days" collectively as a "day". Such is the legitimate flexibility of the meaning of the word "day".

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#119185 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trust what you're led to believe. The account in Genesis 1 clearly documents that YHWH took specific creative action on each of the 6 days. "Day" in Genesis 2 must, therefore, refer to the 6 preceding "days" collectively as a "day". Such is the legitimate flexibility of the meaning of the word "day".
So you really can't trust the literal meaning of anything written in the Bible. We have told you so all along. Thank you for confirming this.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#119186 Jul 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Remember that Gen 1 is very specific in defining exactly what sort of day was being referred to.

It stresses the point over and over and over (6 times).

Remember how you failed to respond in an meaningful way to the data I presented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min replaytime 80,110
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 52 min nanoanomaly 32,612
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 hr ChromiuMan 222,784
News Intelligent design (Jul '15) Sat Dogen 571
What's your religion? Sep 22 Zog Has-fallen 4
Life started in Tennessee proof. Sep 15 Science4life 1
Science News (Sep '13) Sep 8 Ricky F 4,001
More from around the web