It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
116,701 - 116,720 of 135,705 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing my point that naturally an intelligent being "made" living things.

I did not know that birds counted as intelligent beings.

Nor spider
nor slime mold
nor coral.......

Dipstick. You stepped in it again.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, I don't get unnecessarily entangled in labels. It's content that matters. So what is the content of interest to you in your use of the term "natural"?

Please try to be more skillful in your dodges. I mean any intelligent creature could see this one.

And by intelligent I mean a dandelion.

Get it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Still stuck on the "not-so-merry-go-round " I see. I'm not riding unless a confirming data horse is provided.

Oh, if data were provided you would run like you usually do.

You are not hard to predict.

In fact, there is no one on this forum who's responses I find easier to predict.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Design would have a difficult time explaining a pre-cambrian rabbit.

No it would not.

I guess you don't understand design.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>1...it isn't observable. 2...it isn't testable...3...it isn't replicatable....4...it has no way around the origin of life...5...nature displays no ability to originate anything more complex than a snowflake....6...its many icons have been proven to be hoaxes....7...the Cambrian explosion....8....the unscientific and unobserved "excuse" of punctuated equalibria to explain the Cambrian Explosion.....9...inability to explain the origin of the 2 genders....10....inability to explain how a language like the information carried in DNA originates from a non-intelligent source....11...inability to define what evolved that makes a non-human, now human....12....inability to find a violation to the Law of Biogenesis.....13...inability to explain consciousness.....and you ask, "So what is a mess about evolution?"

1. a lie
2. a lie
3. a lie
12. a lie
13. true but not relevant

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Evolution is a crock of crap. It all started with a big bang where nothing exsisted. From there earth became along with the moon. And somehow the sun just fell into place. Then from a muddy lifeless soup it came to life. It somehow just started to replicate itself and reproduce. Then that one form not only replicated itself, it also changed into different and new species as it replicated (how does just one thing make new species). The sun just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The weather just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The air mixture we breathe just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. This one living thing that came from nonliving just happened to not only replicate itself but to also change itself into many different forms of life including marine animlas, land animals, air animals, and plants along with many many species of bacteria and fungi (roughly 100 million different species all came from one) and all that just happened to be what we need to survive, it also went from nonliving microscopic to massive living species (dinosaur, mammoth ect ect). Many times in history most if not all went extinct from ice ages or meteor strikes that brought massive fire and ash that blocked out the sun for months but somehow it just kept right on going as if nothing happened. Not to mention the cockroach is one of the earliest species to become of all that and is still just that, a cockroach. Uhm yep that is way more believable than a higher power of God that did it. LMFAO

I just skimmed this, but I did not see anything but nonsense.

Anyone else do any better with it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!

I am sorry that you cannot do better than repeat often refuted lies.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

TENN MAN wrote:
These threads lead us to a better understanding of all the ideas that are out there concerning life in general. After all the information has been hashed out, it looks to me like everything is just being reproduced in life and copied from earlier things.NO NEW FORMS FOUND YET.

No. Sorry.

Finish 8th grade and come back.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A designer would not design it out of context.

You dolt, a designer can do what they want.

Now you are telling God how he has to be.

What great folly.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The salient point was that intelligent beings made each, a key difference being that the birds don't create new designs.

You want to think about that and retract that statement?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Actually you do. All pseudoliteralists do.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence. Provide a sample and see.

example "I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence."

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And they call us blind and think we believe in magic. Well if it is magic they want to talk about then we only need one magic trick performed by God. They need many many magic tricks that are performed by,,, well nothing. It just happened out of nothing. LOL
Is 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.1?
Can electrons be seen with the naked eye?
Do penguins have fins?(check the definition of "fin" if you're not sure)
Is there such a thing as an oak tree?

I can guarantee you that marksman11 disagrees with you and everyone else in the world on these things. Does that sound like the intellectual prowess that is capable of overturning all of established biology, genetics, geology, paleontology, zoology, astronomy, cosmology, chemistry, and physics?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That which occurs but cannot be believably attributed to natural causes is a good start.
Incredulity doesn't prove anything. It was once "unbelievable" that something 150 tons could fly. Ignorance and incredulity are not evidence of anything other than ignorance and incredulity.
KAB wrote:
An example of this kind of phenomenon would be the coincidence of the timeframe of a reported one year global flood and the once in a 1.4 million year history of a meteor crater sloughing of its sidewall debris from sidewalls rising hundreds of feet above the surrounding terrain.
In this universe, rare things happen ALL THE TIME. But, more to the point, you're cherrypicking again. You find one thing that you think supports your story, and you don't seek to discount or dismiss it, but everything that you think contradicts it gets discounted and dismissed. Dishonest. Par for the course. Keep up the good work, liar.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence. Provide a sample and see.
Deal.
1)Where are the genetic bottlenecks circa 4300 YA? 2)Why are there evidences of uninterrupted human civilizations on 6 of the 7 continents throughout the time of the flood? 3)How did the human population bloom from 8 individuals to numbers large enough to build the Tower of Babel within just a couple generations? 4a) Similarly, who did Cain build a city for just 2 generations removed from the Garden of Eden? 4b) What "strangers" was Cain marked for to safeguard his safety? 5)How did Methuselah survive the flood? 6)Who recorded Jonah's soliloquy while he was inside the fish? 7)Where is there geological evidence of a global flood? 8)Where is there environmental evidence of a global flood?(The Pingualuit Crater is a tired old joke. Don't even try it.) 9) Is it rational to believe that plants were created before the sun, moon, other planets, stars and other galaxies? 10) Why do Creationists ignore the 9th commandment? 11) When did God change the Earth from a disk into a sphere and why didn't anyone notice?
12) Why does the Jesus story share elements with other older stories? 13) Why was Ray Franz unjustly disfellowshipped? 14)How many times has the GB failed by prophesying the end of the world?

Is that enough for a start?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A designer would not design it out of context.
It happens all the time. Look at the Vietnam War Memorial, for example. It was designed intelligently, yet it was not designed within the context of that which surrounds it.

Many other examples can be had, but that's one off the top of my head.

Care to rethink your stupid and DATALESS assertion?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse what is possible with what is believable. Just because someone could do something, that doesn't mean he would do it. A pre-cambrian rabbit is not a believable design action. It's out of order (1 Corintians 14:33).
That's stupid, your "design" nonsense asserts that all animals were created in their present state at the same time. A Precambrian rabbit would demonstrate this, however a Precambrian rabbit would falsify parts of the theory of evolution, just as cooled superconducting metals have falsified portions of the theory of gravity.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! And the "global scale flood gauge" is?
The global scale flood gauge is entirely explainable by natural processes and context.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. When "I can make the Bible mean anything K need it to mean" is your methodology...well, it still fails. The evidence shows that birds did not appear until millions of years after land tetrapods. Even if you try the "started creating" bit, all you're really doing is saying that God started doing something and couldn't churn out a single specimen until millions of years later. And, the same applies for fruit-bearing plants before animals existed. And, of course, the age old question still remains: when did this creative process end, do you think? And, why do things like ERVs follow the exact same nested hierarchy predicted by evolution and reflected in the fossil record? Why would an omniscient being restrict his creativity to progressive variations over time when there is no reason not to just dump everything in all at once? And, you still have no evidence of your God. So many problems that your magical stories have when applied to reality.
When you're the Creator you can do things when, in what order, and at whatever pace you want. You're not restricted to what the Guy wants to require of you. Read Job 26:7 again for another chance at gaining some insight.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
See, there you go. Excellent example. There is no pre-cambrian rabbit, there is no "global flood gauge." Your hypothesis is not reasonable, it is not believable, it is not evidenced and it is deceptively presented. In the real world, this is known as lying for Jesus.
In the real world, your response is known as opinion of self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••