It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 170035 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118825 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the design which embodies the precursor content. The specific object, including all its parts, was produced directly from raw materials.
dataless assertion
KAB

United States

#118826 Jun 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Cars and bird nests are not living things. Duh.
The salient point was that intelligent beings made each, a key difference being that the birds don't create new designs.
KAB

United States

#118827 Jun 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is a flat out lie. You completely ignore the context of use of the word "day" in Genesis.
No, I don't, but you are entitled to your opinion.
KAB

United States

#118828 Jun 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You really diving head first into a huge pool of stupid. Design would have no trouble explaining a pre-cambrian rabbit. The designer designed it. End of story.
And exactly why ID is useless. It explains nothing.
A designer would not design it out of context.
KAB

United States

#118829 Jun 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you are the one who claims the Bible is a "demonstrated reliable source." Now you demand a necessary allowance? Is that your new catch-all phrase for your usual dodges, straw man arguments, deflections, omissions, diversions, misinterpretations, mis-translations, mis-truths, fallacies, and completely ignoring relevant questions and evidence?
I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence. Provide a sample and see.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#118830 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose you'll be providing data confirming the different bacteria type(s). Also, design cannot believably explain any conceivable thing.

Design can explain ANY conceivable thing.

And the literature demonstrating the evolution of bacteria has been linked to many times on these pages. I bet you did not read my exact wording very well. What I said is precisely correct.

Hint: look up e.coli on wikipedia an read the section on diversity.

I was just getting you to bit down on the hook.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118831 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing my point that naturally an intelligent being "made" living things.

I did not know that birds counted as intelligent beings.

Nor spider
nor slime mold
nor coral.......

Dipstick. You stepped in it again.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118832 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, I don't get unnecessarily entangled in labels. It's content that matters. So what is the content of interest to you in your use of the term "natural"?

Please try to be more skillful in your dodges. I mean any intelligent creature could see this one.

And by intelligent I mean a dandelion.

Get it?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118833 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Still stuck on the "not-so-merry-go-round " I see. I'm not riding unless a confirming data horse is provided.

Oh, if data were provided you would run like you usually do.

You are not hard to predict.

In fact, there is no one on this forum who's responses I find easier to predict.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118834 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Design would have a difficult time explaining a pre-cambrian rabbit.

No it would not.

I guess you don't understand design.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118835 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>1...it isn't observable. 2...it isn't testable...3...it isn't replicatable....4...it has no way around the origin of life...5...nature displays no ability to originate anything more complex than a snowflake....6...its many icons have been proven to be hoaxes....7...the Cambrian explosion....8....the unscientific and unobserved "excuse" of punctuated equalibria to explain the Cambrian Explosion.....9...inability to explain the origin of the 2 genders....10....inability to explain how a language like the information carried in DNA originates from a non-intelligent source....11...inability to define what evolved that makes a non-human, now human....12....inability to find a violation to the Law of Biogenesis.....13...inability to explain consciousness.....and you ask, "So what is a mess about evolution?"

1. a lie
2. a lie
3. a lie
12. a lie
13. true but not relevant

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118836 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Evolution is a crock of crap. It all started with a big bang where nothing exsisted. From there earth became along with the moon. And somehow the sun just fell into place. Then from a muddy lifeless soup it came to life. It somehow just started to replicate itself and reproduce. Then that one form not only replicated itself, it also changed into different and new species as it replicated (how does just one thing make new species). The sun just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The weather just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The air mixture we breathe just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. This one living thing that came from nonliving just happened to not only replicate itself but to also change itself into many different forms of life including marine animlas, land animals, air animals, and plants along with many many species of bacteria and fungi (roughly 100 million different species all came from one) and all that just happened to be what we need to survive, it also went from nonliving microscopic to massive living species (dinosaur, mammoth ect ect). Many times in history most if not all went extinct from ice ages or meteor strikes that brought massive fire and ash that blocked out the sun for months but somehow it just kept right on going as if nothing happened. Not to mention the cockroach is one of the earliest species to become of all that and is still just that, a cockroach. Uhm yep that is way more believable than a higher power of God that did it. LMFAO

I just skimmed this, but I did not see anything but nonsense.

Anyone else do any better with it?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118837 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!

I am sorry that you cannot do better than repeat often refuted lies.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118838 Jun 27, 2013
TENN MAN wrote:
These threads lead us to a better understanding of all the ideas that are out there concerning life in general. After all the information has been hashed out, it looks to me like everything is just being reproduced in life and copied from earlier things.NO NEW FORMS FOUND YET.

No. Sorry.

Finish 8th grade and come back.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118839 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A designer would not design it out of context.

You dolt, a designer can do what they want.

Now you are telling God how he has to be.

What great folly.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118840 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The salient point was that intelligent beings made each, a key difference being that the birds don't create new designs.

You want to think about that and retract that statement?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118841 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Actually you do. All pseudoliteralists do.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#118842 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence. Provide a sample and see.

example "I don't ignore relevant questions and evidence."

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#118843 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And they call us blind and think we believe in magic. Well if it is magic they want to talk about then we only need one magic trick performed by God. They need many many magic tricks that are performed by,,, well nothing. It just happened out of nothing. LOL
Is 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.1?
Can electrons be seen with the naked eye?
Do penguins have fins?(check the definition of "fin" if you're not sure)
Is there such a thing as an oak tree?

I can guarantee you that marksman11 disagrees with you and everyone else in the world on these things. Does that sound like the intellectual prowess that is capable of overturning all of established biology, genetics, geology, paleontology, zoology, astronomy, cosmology, chemistry, and physics?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#118844 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That which occurs but cannot be believably attributed to natural causes is a good start.
Incredulity doesn't prove anything. It was once "unbelievable" that something 150 tons could fly. Ignorance and incredulity are not evidence of anything other than ignorance and incredulity.
KAB wrote:
An example of this kind of phenomenon would be the coincidence of the timeframe of a reported one year global flood and the once in a 1.4 million year history of a meteor crater sloughing of its sidewall debris from sidewalls rising hundreds of feet above the surrounding terrain.
In this universe, rare things happen ALL THE TIME. But, more to the point, you're cherrypicking again. You find one thing that you think supports your story, and you don't seek to discount or dismiss it, but everything that you think contradicts it gets discounted and dismissed. Dishonest. Par for the course. Keep up the good work, liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min candlesmell 95,403
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 5 hr 15th Dalai Lama 1,856
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 7 hr Davidjayjordan 114
Souls have weight .. 21 grams Experiment 7 hr Davidjayjordan 6
SEX did not EVOLVE (Nov '17) 16 hr Davidjayjordan 266
Beauty is the Lord's Golden Section Thu 15th Dalai Lama 14
List what words of Jesus (the Creator) you evol... Jun 20 Rose_NoHo 106