It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151416 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118798 Jun 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the issue.
We have a whole series of fossil humans that show them getting more
apelike the further we go back. Now hundreds of specimens. As I said,
the child is not exactly like the parent. That means over long periods,
significant change can occur.
This is projections subject to series of guesses and manipulations. I don't see anything relevant here.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118799 Jun 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity belongs to the Jews.
No arguments, because Jesus and most of the apostles were all Jews( Israelites).

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#118800 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!
Funny how you can have every point explained to you with evidence and references, repeatedly over a number of years, then come back here after disappearing for a month or two and make the same claoms all over again.

Its merely a form of lying.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118801 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is projections subject to series of guesses and manipulations. I don't see anything relevant here.
Yes and I am sure its a safe bet that you have never actually studied the fossil evidence.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118802 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No arguments, Jesus was a Jew, Peter, John, James, etc. They were all Jewish Christians. The problem was that, the Jewish authorities rejected Jesus the Christ.
because he failed to meet the criteria of the prophesies. His followers fixed that failure over the next century with increaingly tall stories easily believed by the mass of uneducated slaves who formed the backbone of the following.jesus the rabbi was converted onto jesus the god by backfilling.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118803 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe that there is God ?
I accept that God is possible. But not Genesis, that is a creation myth like any other.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118804 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No arguments, because Jesus and most of the apostles were all Jews( Israelites).
then you are Jewish.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118805 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
All assertion. Where is your evidence? Oh I now you like insertions for you like asserting it up my butttt and I like inserting in your mouth. But still you lack evidence on your babble you claim to be all wrong.
Hypocrisy much? Marky posts a list of assertions and you have no problem with them. But the reply? Now that's another matter.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118806 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Evolution is a crock of crap. It all started with a big bang where nothing exsisted. From there earth became along with the moon. And somehow the sun just fell into place. Then from a muddy lifeless soup it came to life. It somehow just started to replicate itself and reproduce. Then that one form not only replicated itself, it also changed into different and new species as it replicated (how does just one thing make new species). The sun just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The weather just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The air mixture we breathe just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. This one living thing that came from nonliving just happened to not only replicate itself but to also change itself into many different forms of life including marine animlas, land animals, air animals, and plants along with many many species of bacteria and fungi (roughly 100 million different species all came from one) and all that just happened to be what we need to survive, it also went from nonliving microscopic to massive living species (dinosaur, mammoth ect ect). Many times in history most if not all went extinct from ice ages or meteor strikes that brought massive fire and ash that blocked out the sun for months but somehow it just kept right on going as if nothing happened. Not to mention the cockroach is one of the earliest species to become of all that and is still just that, a cockroach. Uhm yep that is way more believable than a higher power of God that did it. LMFAO
Thank you ever so much for clarifying exactly how uneducated you are. It will be a big help in the future.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118807 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!
Deja vu all over again. Sheesh.

How's it going, Marky?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118808 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer how it all happened to be just right or STFU. Plain and simple. Running away or waking around it won't cut it. Your science either has the answers or is doesn't. Which is it? And if they have any answers be sure and post the link with your evidence!
WTF? Why do you guys keep asking the same silly questions? If you are unfamiliar with current scientific theories on any of these matters then you are in no position whatsoever to even ask about them. No one is going to sit here and painstakingly type out all of the scientific discoveries for the last thousand years.

So how about *you* either STFU and go read a science book or start asking reasonable questions. No one is dodging you or running away. Ask a decent question and you'll get a decent answer.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118809 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us? How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species? How did one thing not only learn to become different species, how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce? Shall I go on or is that enough for you?
These are serious questions. Where did it all come from and how did it all happen that it came out to be just right for us? It is not my fault you can't answer serious questions.
Your lack of education is no one's fault but you own. How did the big bang make perfect weather? What are you, five?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118810 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.
You're too funny, Chuckles.
KAB

United States

#118811 Jun 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You never demonstrated that the order of creation in Genesis matches the fossil record. We demonstrated discrepancies between the stories and the evidence. You simply said that we're either misinterpreting the evidence or we have yet to find the evidence that confirms the Bible stories and resolves the contradiction of the evidence and the stories.
You have only demonstrated discrepancies between the evidence and an unnecessarily restricted allowance for the meaning of the Bible passages. If you need a refresher just choose a specific passage and what you think is the conflicting evidence, and I'll explain the error in reasoning, again.
KAB

United States

#118812 Jun 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. An omniscient and omnipotent God could easily make any creature at any time he so chose. There is no reason God couldn't have chosen to have rabbits exist in the pre-Cambrian. Unless, that is, there's something that would restrict how/when God would create organisms. What restrictions would you impose on your God?
You confuse what is possible with what is believable. Just because someone could do something, that doesn't mean he would do it. A pre-cambrian rabbit is not a believable design action. It's out of order (1 Corintians 14:33).

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118813 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only demonstrated discrepancies between the evidence and an unnecessarily restricted allowance for the meaning of the Bible passages. If you need a refresher just choose a specific passage and what you think is the conflicting evidence, and I'll explain the error in reasoning, again.
Hey, you are the one who claims the Bible is a "demonstrated reliable source." Now you demand a necessary allowance? Is that your new catch-all phrase for your usual dodges, straw man arguments, deflections, omissions, diversions, misinterpretations, mis-translations, mis-truths, fallacies, and completely ignoring relevant questions and evidence?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118814 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse what is possible with what is believable. Just because someone could do something, that doesn't mean he would do it. A pre-cambrian rabbit is not a believable design action. It's out of order (1 Corintians 14:33).
ROFL! And the "global scale flood gauge" is?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118815 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. It's time for another episode of KAB's Biblical Bullshit. That stuff is hilarious!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118816 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse what is possible with what is believable.
Probably the funniest thing you've ever said.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118817 Jun 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept that God is possible. But not Genesis, that is a creation myth like any other.
I am glad that you accept his existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Aura Mytha 201,124
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 23 min Reason Personified 15,811
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 40,322
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 hr Aura Mytha 87
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... Sat One way or another 6
The conscious God or the inanimate nature Sat Fear-God 8
Proof that all of Christianity is a lie Jul 21 THE LONE WORKER 41
More from around the web