It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 154726 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118760 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us? How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species? How did one thing not only learn to become different species, how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce? Shall I go on or is that enough for you?
You should know that this is really a series of stupid questions.

The simple answer is the anthropomorphic principle. If the sun was not right, if the weather was not right we would not have evolved here.

Now if you were not an idiot I would try to explain more to you, but you indicated that you wanted to be treated like an idiot.

You are welcome, tard.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118761 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple answer is the anthropomorphic principle. If the sun was not right, if the weather was not right we would not have evolved here.
Now if you were not an idiot I would try to explain more to you, but you indicated that you wanted to be treated like an idiot.
You are welcome, tard.
Answer how it all happened to be just right or STFU. Plain and simple. Running away or waking around it won't cut it. Your science either has the answers or is doesn't. Which is it? And if they have any answers be sure and post the link with your evidence!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118762 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome, tard.
That all is a chicken shyt reply because you blame me for not having any answers. LMFAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118763 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer how it all happened to be just right or STFU. Plain and simple. Running away or waking around it won't cut it. Your science either has the answers or is doesn't. Which is it? And if they have any answers be sure and post the link with your evidence!
I did you idiot.

You were the one who demanded the answer for idiots.

So do you care to ask the questions again?

If you can't ask intelligent questions don't expect an intelligent answer.

What a freaking tard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118764 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That all is a chicken shyt reply because you blame me for not having any answers. LMFAO
You gave a series of chickenshit questions.

What did you expect in response.

I even told you that your questions were flawed and gave you a chance to reask them.

What a hypocrite.

What a tard.

Think hard about your questions. Ask them again. I will answer them in the morning.

Good night.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118765 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I did you idiot.
You were the one who demanded the answer for idiots.
So do you care to ask the questions again?
If you can't ask intelligent questions don't expect an intelligent answer.
What a freaking tard.
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us? How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species? How did one thing not only learn to become different species, how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce? Shall I go on or is that enough for you?

These are serious questions. Where did it all come from and how did it all happen that it came out to be just right for us? It is not my fault you can't answer serious questions.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#118766 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have been mentioning evidence that you don't even have. Summarily, we have two schools of thoughts under this, Atheism and Theism. Do your thinking.
False on two counts. Firstly, we have evidence for the Big Ban and evolution.

Secondly, your "Atheism and Theism" schools are a false contrast. For example, the eminent physicist Paul Davies accepts the Big Bang and Evolution yet still believes in God. Evolution and Big Bang do not falsify God, that is pure bullshit invented by fundamentalist Christians. Why?

Because science DOES falsify Genesis. Get it? Not God, Genesis.

So the correct split in "schools" is:

1. Those who accept the sciences of biology, geology, astronomy, and physics, and may or may not believe in God. Many do.

2. Those who demand that we ignore most science and continue to believe in Genesis myths that are obviously false.

It not a question of God. Its a question of whether YOU respect God or just respect the writings of ancient Jews who thought they were speaking for God, and were obviously wrong about that.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118767 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I even told you that your questions were flawed and gave you a chance to reask them.
What a hypocrite.
What a tard.
Think hard about your questions. Ask them again. I will answer them in the morning.
Good night.
Of course when faced with serious question you just spew out excuses and run away. What a loser pusssseeee!!!!!!!!!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#118768 Jun 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If their parents don't give birth to them( a process of creation) can they change or evolve?
That is not the issue.

We have a whole series of fossil humans that show them getting more apelike the further we go back. Now hundreds of specimens. As I said, the child is not exactly like the parent. That means over long periods, significant change can occur.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118769 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hypocrite.
What a tard.
Good night.
Oh also just like you:

I can answer any question you have about God and the bible but you always ask a series of chickenshitt questions.

I even tell you that your questions are flawed and give you a chance to re-ask them.

But you are a hypocrite and a tard.

Think hard about your questions. Ask them again.

When I feel you are worthy of the right answers you will have them.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118770 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us?
They didn't. The sun and the weather etc are not adapted to US, WE are adapted to them. If you can imagine us evolving on say a larger planet with higher gravity, thicker atmosphere, and dimmer sun, then you would think THAT was perfect for us too, when the reality is that through evolution, it would be us who adapted to the environment we lived in. So long as the temperature is generally in the range for liquid water and complex chemistry to be possible, there are a whole range of different planets that life as we know it could adapt to.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118771 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species?
The first part of your question, we cannot answer.

The second part (speciation) is almost inevitable once you have a self replicating organism with imperfect heredity.

Level 6

Location hidden

#118772 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce?
Non sexual (asexual) reproduction existed before sexual reproduction and is still common in simpler organisms.

Sexual reproduction is under investigation and there are competing hypotheses. Clearly with something that originated at least 500 million years ago, its not the easiest thing to discover.
Shall I go on or is that enough for you?
You can if you like but you would be missing the point. New mysteries do not invalidate what we already know with a high degree of confidence based on the evidence. Evolution is fully supported by the evidence. Not knowing how life first originated, or the origins of sexual reproduction, do not alter that.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118773 Jun 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Chimney. Hope you are doing well today. You must excuse SucTheBigBone and myself for we are just aggravating each other as we always to do. I laugh at it for it gets under his skin. LOL

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118774 Jun 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first part of your question, we cannot answer.
The second part (speciation) is almost inevitable once you have a self replicating organism with imperfect heredity.
See that is the problem. "self replicating" means a copy of itself not a change of species or a copy of something different (how ever you want to see it).
TENN MAN

Lynn Haven, FL

#118775 Jun 27, 2013
These threads lead us to a better understanding of all the ideas that are out there concerning life in general. After all the information has been hashed out, it looks to me like everything is just being reproduced in life and copied from earlier things.NO NEW FORMS FOUND YET.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118776 Jun 27, 2013
TENN MAN wrote:
These threads lead us to a better understanding of all the ideas that are out there concerning life in general. After all the information has been hashed out, it looks to me like everything is just being reproduced in life and copied from earlier things.NO NEW FORMS FOUND YET.
The changes that occur are very very small for each generation. The changes are not obvious until long after they have occurred.

On a simpler scale what day did you stop being a baby? What hour did you stop being a child? When exactly will you be old?

You cannot answer these questions because there is no time. When did the first fish species that started to spend some time on land become a tetrapod? That is very hard to say. The same is true for any major change. There is no line when you can say this bird is now a chicken and yet its parents were not chickens. There are never sharp lines, just a lot of fuzz.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118777 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh also just like you:
I can answer any question you have about God and the bible but you always ask a series of chickenshitt questions.
I even tell you that your questions are flawed and give you a chance to re-ask them.
But you are a hypocrite and a tard.
Think hard about your questions. Ask them again.
When I feel you are worthy of the right answers you will have them.
My bitch, once again, you are the hypocrite and tard. You gave some very poorly worded questions. They were rather foolish questions. I offered you a chance to change them. You stuck with them so I answered them as they were asked.

Here is a suggestion. Break them down and ask them one at a time. As you asked them the only reasonable answer was the one you were given.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118778 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Read some more of Genesis. You'll find there were other living things before humans.
Irrelevant.
KAB wrote:
Even items representing mature designs are produced from raw materials.
Genesis 1:7
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

Dust. Not precursors.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118779 Jun 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing my point that naturally an intelligent being "made" living things.
Cars and bird nests are not living things. Duh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Chimney1 216,776
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Chimney1 48,645
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr GoTrump 179,717
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 9 hr ChristineM 1,034
Richard Dawkins tells the truth Mon Timmee 9
Science News (Sep '13) Mon _Susan_ 3,985
More from around the web