It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160955 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Wilson, NC

#118740 Jun 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, detectability necessarily means measurability/quantifiability. Nothing detectable is immeasurable. There's always a way to do it. We may not have discovered the means of doing so yet, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. But, if you're going to assert God's status as something natural, it is detectable. If you can demonstrate God, we can work on measuring/quantifying it. Of course, you'd be the first person in the history of ever to demonstrate God, so I'd recommend preparing yourself for the media onslaught.
If you include discernible as a form of detectable then God is detectable.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#118741 Jun 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you include discernible as a form of detectable then God is detectable.
How can you discern that for which there is no useful objective definition? More to the point, how can you tell what isn't that if you can't say what it is?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#118742 Jun 26, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is a mess about evolution? The fact that scientists have discovered something about us that is upsetting to people who want to believe in the myths of Genesis?
1...it isn't observable. 2...it isn't testable...3...it isn't replicatable....4...it has no way around the origin of life...5...nature displays no ability to originate anything more complex than a snowflake....6...its many icons have been proven to be hoaxes....7...the Cambrian explosion....8....the unscientific and unobserved "excuse" of punctuated equalibria to explain the Cambrian Explosion.....9...inability to explain the origin of the 2 genders....10....inability to explain how a language like the information carried in DNA originates from a non-intelligent source....11...inability to define what evolved that makes a non-human, now human....12....inability to find a violation to the Law of Biogenesis.....13...inability to explain consciousness.....and you ask, "So what is a mess about evolution?"

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118743 Jun 26, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>1...it isn't observable. 2...it isn't testable...3...it isn't replicatable....4...it has no way around the origin of life...5...nature displays no ability to originate anything more complex than a snowflake....6...its many icons have been proven to be hoaxes....7...the Cambrian explosion....8....the unscientific and unobserved "excuse" of punctuated equalibria to explain the Cambrian Explosion.....9...inability to explain the origin of the 2 genders....10....inability to explain how a language like the information carried in DNA originates from a non-intelligent source....11...inability to define what evolved that makes a non-human, now human....12....inability to find a violation to the Law of Biogenesis.....13...inability to explain consciousness.....and you ask, "So what is a mess about evolution?"
Let's see.

1. Wrong. 2. Wrong. 3. Amazingly this is wrong too. 4. Wrong. 5. Wrong. 6. Totally wrong. 7. And..? Is there a point there? My prediction, wrong. 8. Doubly wrong. 9. Wrong. 10. Very wrong. 11.Stupidly wrong. 12. Wrong. 13. Wrong, and that has nothing to do with evolution anyway.

So, that is zero for thirteen. Typical creatard rant.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118744 Jun 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
1. Wrong. 2. Wrong. 3. Amazingly this is wrong too. 4. Wrong. 5. Wrong. 6. Totally wrong. 7. And..? Is there a point there? My prediction, wrong. 8. Doubly wrong. 9. Wrong. 10. Very wrong. 11.Stupidly wrong. 12. Wrong. 13. Wrong, and that has nothing to do with evolution anyway.
All assertion. Where is your evidence? Oh I now you like insertions for you like asserting it up my butttt and I like inserting in your mouth. But still you lack evidence on your babble you claim to be all wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118745 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
All assertion. Where is your evidence? Oh I now you like insertions for you like asserting it up my butttt and I like inserting in your mouth. But still you lack evidence on your babble you claim to be all wrong.
Wrong idiot. Did you see the evidence from the post that I quoted?

Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

If he provided anything for any of his claims I would be more than happy to debunk them.

So far all of the evidence is on the side of evolution.

So, are you still only interested in being a giant prick or do you have any evidence for your beliefs? We have evidence for ours.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118746 Jun 27, 2013
Evolution is a crock of crap. It all started with a big bang where nothing exsisted. From there earth became along with the moon. And somehow the sun just fell into place. Then from a muddy lifeless soup it came to life. It somehow just started to replicate itself and reproduce. Then that one form not only replicated itself, it also changed into different and new species as it replicated (how does just one thing make new species). The sun just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The weather just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The air mixture we breathe just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. This one living thing that came from nonliving just happened to not only replicate itself but to also change itself into many different forms of life including marine animlas, land animals, air animals, and plants along with many many species of bacteria and fungi (roughly 100 million different species all came from one) and all that just happened to be what we need to survive, it also went from nonliving microscopic to massive living species (dinosaur, mammoth ect ect). Many times in history most if not all went extinct from ice ages or meteor strikes that brought massive fire and ash that blocked out the sun for months but somehow it just kept right on going as if nothing happened. Not to mention the cockroach is one of the earliest species to become of all that and is still just that, a cockroach. Uhm yep that is way more believable than a higher power of God that did it. LMFAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118747 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Evolution is a crock of crap. It all started with a big bang where nothing exsisted. From there earth became along with the moon. And somehow the sun just fell into place. Then from a muddy lifeless soup it came to life. It somehow just started to replicate itself and reproduce. Then that one form not only replicated itself, it also changed into different and new species as it replicated (how does just one thing make new species). The sun just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The weather just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. The air mixture we breathe just happened out of nothing to be what we need to survive. This one living thing that came from nonliving just happened to not only replicate itself but to also change itself into many different forms of life including marine animlas, land animals, air animals, and plants along with many many species of bacteria and fungi (roughly 100 million different species all came from one) and all that just happened to be what we need to survive, it also went from nonliving microscopic to massive living species (dinosaur, mammoth ect ect). Many times in history most if not all went extinct from ice ages or meteor strikes that brought massive fire and ash that blocked out the sun for months but somehow it just kept right on going as if nothing happened. Not to mention the cockroach is one of the earliest species to become of all that and is still just that, a cockroach. Uhm yep that is way more believable than a higher power of God that did it. LMFAO
My bitch!! Thank you!!

Funniest post of the day.

I too am LMFAO!!

What a complete tard! Thank you very very much.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118748 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
My bitch!! Thank you!!
Funniest post of the day.
I too am LMFAO!!
What a complete tard! Thank you very very much.
I knew this is the best you have and you have to copy part of it. Go LMAFO somemore. In your case LMAFO means: "Licking Ma's Asss For Oreos" Leave your Ma alone you freak.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#118749 Jun 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you can prove that the default cannot happen, then you can start adding new ideas. But so far we have demonstrated that DNA can form without intelligent intervention. Next up, the cell.
You have proven no such thing!! How silly!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118750 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this is the best you have and you have to copy part of it. Go LMAFO somemore. In your case LMAFO means: "Licking Ma's Asss For Oreos" Leave your Ma alone you freak.
Right, after your fossil debacle you still have the guts to say this.

That only shows you are a person without shame, also known as my bitch.

Come on idiot. Let's see if you can bring anything real claims against science. Arguing from idiocy will only convince other idiots. I really don't care about them. Well, let me amend that. I do care a little bit if I am directly arguing against an idiot, otherwise not so much.

So my bitch, do you have any evidence, logic, or science that back up any of your idiotic claims?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#118751 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118752 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, after your fossil debacle you still have the guts to say this.
That only shows you are a person without shame, also known as my bitch.
Come on idiot. Let's see if you can bring anything real claims against science. Arguing from idiocy will only convince other idiots. I really don't care about them. Well, let me amend that. I do care a little bit if I am directly arguing against an idiot, otherwise not so much.
So my bitch, do you have any evidence, logic, or science that back up any of your idiotic claims?
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us? How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species? How did one thing not only learn to become different species, how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce? Shall I go on or is that enough for you?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#118753 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Yeap, they actually believe this drivel, and then actually think we should believe them and respect them when they lie and say that their "philosophy" doesn't require faith!!!! I won't ever have enough faith to believe that crock of crud!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118754 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you silly evolutionists just think you can snap your fingers and hand wave away your whole flawed philosophy with ever having to explain or have any scientific evidence for anything. That is probably the most childish, and silly reply I have ever seen. Sure would have been more convincing if you had addressed at least one of these with some thought, but alas, I guess that is way to much to expect. I'm not surprised though because I never have expected to much out of you evolutionists to begin with. I mean, after all, you are evolutionists!!
Wrong, when an idiot makes a series of idiotic statements they can be debunked with a snap of the fingers.

To explain the universe takes real work. You are projecting your methodology upon others.

Why should I address any of your claims? Since you listed them that way to debunk all of them I only have to debunk one of them. That is the rule when some idiot attempts a Gish Gallop. So are you sure that you want to keep your list a whole?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118755 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the big bang make the perfect sun for us? How did the big bang make the perfect weather for us? How did the big bang make the perfect air for us? How did "one thing" come from no life to life and not only learn to replicate but to also learned change in to many species? How did one thing not only learn to become different species, how did it learn to become different sexes and reproduce? Shall I go on or is that enough for you?
Really? You want to commit the same form of sin that Marky did?

Get serious and try again. If you ask questions this way you will get the same sort of treatment that he is getting.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118756 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeap, they actually believe this drivel, and then actually think we should believe them and respect them when they lie and say that their "philosophy" doesn't require faith!!!! I won't ever have enough faith to believe that crock of crud!!!
No idiot. We have evidence that explains all of this.

All you have is a magic book.

Christians are not supposed to worship their magic book. There is even a rule that says so. You fools are transferring you Bible into a graven image that you worship.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118757 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You want to commit the same form of sin that Marky did?
Get serious and try again. If you ask questions this way you will get the same sort of treatment that he is getting.
Get serious with answers and evidence. Or as they say STFU!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118758 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Get serious with answers and evidence. Or as they say STFU!!!
Fine, you asked your question the way that an idiot would ask it so I will answer as if I were talking to an idiot.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#118759 Jun 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeap, they actually believe this drivel, and then actually think we should believe them and respect them when they lie and say that their "philosophy" doesn't require faith!!!! I won't ever have enough faith to believe that crock of crud!!!
And they call us blind and think we believe in magic. Well if it is magic they want to talk about then we only need one magic trick performed by God. They need many many magic tricks that are performed by,,, well nothing. It just happened out of nothing. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious dilemma about DNA 2 min pshun2404 369
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Zeke 67,218
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 28,657
What location did life started in? 2 hr Confucius 11
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 2 hr Confucius 1,766
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Subduction Zone 221,262
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,531
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 12 hr replaytime 332
More from around the web