It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
116,521 - 116,540 of 136,154 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Accept the truth despite its bitterness!
I have no bitterness in the subject of the English language.

This is a forum about evolution. It seems you cannot offer anything more articulate than claiming "its a mess", which probably more reflects your own lack of understanding.

So what is a mess about evolution? The fact that scientists have discovered something about us that is upsetting to people who want to believe in the myths of Genesis?

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Genesis is not a mess unlike your evolution trash. Nothing can actually evolve on their own, they must pass through creation process first. One evidence of Genesis.
Once again, you have offered mere opinion, asserted without a shred of reason or evidence to back it up. Why can't things evolve on their own, according to you?

We can show you the exact process by which things can actually evolve on their own. We can show you the record of change in life over earth's history that this process explains. This is the difference between the mere opinion you assert and the science of evolution.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no bitterness in the subject of the English language.
This is a forum about evolution. It seems you cannot offer anything more
articulate than claiming "its a mess", which probably more reflects
your own lack of understanding.
So what is a mess about evolution? The fact that scientists have
discovered something about us that is upsetting to people who want to
believe in the myths of Genesis?
Genesis is not a myth. Like i said, nothing can sprang up on their own without a maker or creator, one sure reason why evolution remains a mess. and again, English belongs to the English, does that sounds negative to you?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you have offered mere opinion, asserted without a shred of
reason or evidence to back it up. Why can't things evolve on their own,
according to you?
We can show you the exact process by which things can actually evolve on
their own. We can show you the record of change in life over earth's
history that this process explains. This is the difference between the
mere opinion you assert and the science of evolution.
Lets be discreet about this, when we say "life", we are talking about plants and animals, these living things never evolved on thier own but through their parents( creators). One evidence confirming Genesis.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Genesis is not a myth.
You merely restate your opinion. On the other hand, given that Genesis is similar in character and style to the creation beliefs of virtually every other primitive human group, why should you convinced that THEY are myths but Genesis is not?
Like i said, nothing can sprang up on their own without a maker or creator, one sure reason why evolution remains a mess.
And again, you merely restate your opinion, and offer no evidence to support it. We on the other hand can explain HOW evolution generates complexity and diversity, without a "maker" doing anything at all. Evolution does NOT explain how the universe came to be, nor how the first life started. Nor was it ever intended to. But it DOES explain how life developed once in existence, and that is in conflict with your favourite creation myth. So is the evidence from:

Geology.
Astronomy.
Physics.

So its not evolution that is a mess. Its your own confusion and stress that if Genesis is not literally true, maybe those promises of everlasting life are not true either.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets be discreet about this, when we say "life", we are talking about plants and animals, these living things never evolved on thier own but through their parents( creators). One evidence confirming Genesis.
Correct. They came from their parents. But they are not exactly the same as their parents. When we look at the parent of the parent of the parents...through the fossil record, we see they are significantly different. Life changes over time, plants and animals evolve.

Go back far enough, and only simple life forms exist. Go forward through the fossil record and you can see creatures changing over millions of years, from simple to complex in many cases.

You cannot just ignore this evidence. Life evolved. Darwin's contribution was not that life evolved - scientists and geologists had already understood that. Darwin's contribution was to explain HOW they evolved, exactly the thing you think is not possible. Yet with logic and evidence, we see that it is.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is the evidence showing that we have interbred with Neanderthals but not with chimps?"
I'm no geneticist, but it is evident that we had more in common with homo neanderthal than with pan troglodyte.
A LOT MORE.
I did not propose that humans and neanderthals did or did not interbreed, nor did I propose that neanderthals/chimps or humans/chimps interbred. I suggested that fertile offspring across species would be unlikely.
Now knock off the vain attempt at character assassination and go conduct cross species fertilization with yourself.
Your response to the question was that humans and Neanderthals have the same number of chromosomes but they and chimps do not. It's as simple as that, and it appears that is not evidence they didn't interbreed.

This has nothing to do with character assassination. It's simply about what is correct and what is not, and making progress in correct understanding.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You merely restate your opinion. On the other hand, given that Genesis
is similar in character and style to the creation beliefs of virtually
every other primitive human group, why should you convinced that THEY
are myths but Genesis is not?
<quoted text>
And again, you merely restate your opinion, and offer no evidence to
support it. We on the other hand can explain HOW evolution generates
complexity and diversity, without a "maker" doing anything at all.
Evolution does NOT explain how the universe came to be, nor how the
first life started. Nor was it ever intended to. But it DOES explain how
life developed once in existence, and that is in conflict with your
favourite creation myth. So is the evidence from:
Geology.
Astronomy.
Physics.
So its not evolution that is a mess. Its your own confusion and stress
that if Genesis is not literally true, maybe those promises of
everlasting life are not true either.
You have been mentioning evidence that you don't even have. Summarily, we have two schools of thoughts under this, Atheism and Theism. Do your thinking.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. They came from their parents. But they are not exactly the same
as their parents. When we look at the parent of the parent of the
parents...through the fossil record, we see they are significantly
different. Life changes over time, plants and animals evolve.
Go back far enough, and only simple life forms exist. Go forward through
the fossil record and you can see creatures changing over millions of
years, from simple to complex in many cases.
You cannot just ignore this evidence. Life evolved. Darwin's
contribution was not that life evolved - scientists and geologists had
already understood that. Darwin's contribution was to explain HOW they
evolved, exactly the thing you think is not possible. Yet with logic and
evidence, we see that it is.
If their parents don't give birth to them( a process of creation) can they change or evolve?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets be discreet about this, when we say "life", we are talking about plants and animals, these living things never evolved on thier own but through their parents( creators). One evidence confirming Genesis.
A book of myth is very very poor evidence. Do you have anything else?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer, politically you are an American, but culturally, you are English, except you were not born from those parents.
You are a one trick pony, and it's not even a good trick, nor are you doing the trick right.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response to the question was that humans and Neanderthals have the same number of chromosomes but they and chimps do not. It's as simple as that, and it appears that is not evidence they didn't interbreed.
This has nothing to do with character assassination. It's simply about what is correct and what is not, and making progress in correct understanding.
We have a fused chromosome, it's as simple as that.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Genesis is not a mess unlike your evolution trash. Nothing can actually evolve on their own, they must pass through creation process first. One evidence of Genesis.
Nope. Genesis has been demonstrably wrong, you just ignore that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Genesis is nonsense. To date.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The demand for data is admirable, and Datum B has been provided, repeatedly. But data is useless unless paired with the capacity to follow its logical implications, which you appear to lack.
While numerous assertions have been made, no actual data confirming the flood could not have occurred has been provided. Someone, albeit a scientist, declaring that a civilization existed without interruption thru the timeframe of the flood is not data. It is an assertion. Declaring that the assertion is based on data is not data. It is an assertion.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is also how evolution produces complexity.
I don't disagree with that theory.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a fused chromosome, it's as simple as that.
Is that significant relative to consideration of interbreeding among modern humans, Neanderthals and chimps?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis is nonsense. To date.
Irony!!!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
While numerous assertions have been made, no actual data confirming the flood could not have occurred has been provided. Someone, albeit a scientist, declaring that a civilization existed without interruption thru the timeframe of the flood is not data. It is an assertion. Declaring that the assertion is based on data is not data. It is an assertion.
Bullcrap. You *have* been provided the data. Many times. You've been given the references to reputable scientists and their publications. So stop with the lying. You've lost this one so how about you move on to something else. This has gotten boring.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer this question, if the English did not originate the language, no one would have had the opportunity of the language, not even you or i. So, since it was first spoken there(England) as a language, it therefore belongs to the English. That is my stand!
Then the Bible belongs to the Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 39 min Chimney1 172,468
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 1 hr Chimney1 161
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 114,872
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 18 hr Zog Has-fallen 343
Science News (Sep '13) Tue positronium 2,846
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) Aug 25 ChristineM 286
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••