It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162493 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118344 Jun 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Sequitur. What does that have to do with ownership of a language?
Nothing whatsoever.
Meaningless! just like your trash, go through your fellow liar's post , by name, Subduction Zone.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#118345 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You evoturds are the ones that say evolution has direction in your natural selection. By saying it is survival of the fittest, getting rid of what is not needed, developing what is needed ect ect. By saying all of this you give it direction.
No, evolution itself is directionless. Natural selection is also technically directionless. What is "not needed" is never "gotten rid of," because nothing is "needed." You are anthropomorphizing natural processes, it's a great way to start learning, but until you stop, you will never learn anything more advanced than elementary school level science.

First, define "fittest," because the way it is used for natural selection is how well an organism can survive in the environment it exists, and the Earth has a lot of different environments. Once you get that cleared in your head you can begin to understand the flaws in your reasoning, but that is just the beginning of your many flaws.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#118346 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so evolution means it can go backwards or left or right as well or,,,,, only in a forward and better DIRECTION?????
No, that would require there be a direction to it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118347 Jun 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
When one cannot come up with a rational argument I know they have lost.
Stupid! what is rational about your assertions? if you can agree with the trash posted by Subduction Zone, then you are a biased and confused liar.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118348 Jun 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you wrote that and I quoted it back to you.
I wrote ammvoienader and it is not a word in the English language either.
Just accept the truth that, you are a " jerk", liar, you wrote the word, " tridition ". No one is perfect.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#118349 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would require there be a direction to it.
So which way does it go Kitty?

Level 2

Location hidden

#118350 Jun 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
How can he answer what your native language is?
Don't be deliberately stupid.
I don't respond to stupid questions.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118351 Jun 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who introduced English to England?
The Angles, Saxons and Jutes who are also known as the English introduced English language to England. In old English, England was known then as Englaland, trying to seperate them, makes you look stupid. English in all its senses is native to England( Anglo Saxons).

Level 2

Location hidden

#118352 Jun 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who introduced English to England?
And again, i want you to show me where in that so called areas in mainland Europe( Germany, Denmark,etc ) where English language is taken or spoken as first or official language is sooken? waiting.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#118353 Jun 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stupid! what is rational about your assertions? if you can agree with the trash posted by Subduction Zone, then you are a biased and confused liar.
Tautology fallacy.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#118354 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So which way does it go Kitty?
No "way," evolution is directionless.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#118355 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No "way," evolution is directionless.
So it is RANDOM. For if nothing has direction it is random right?

Level 2

Location hidden

#118356 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tautology fallacy.
Playing to the gallery.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#118357 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is RANDOM. For if nothing has direction it is random right?
Nope, nothing is truly random. Also, you do not need direction to not be random.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118358 Jun 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, i want you to show
me where in that so called areas in mainland Europe( Germany,
Denmark,etc ) where English language is taken or spoken as first or
official language is sooken? waiting.
Typos, please ignore the word, " sooken ". Is sooken generally is wrong linguistically, take note all!

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#118359 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, nothing is truly random. Also, you do not need direction to not be random.
Lets use one of your silly comparisons. So you are saying if you got in a car and just drove without direction that you would reach your destination or would you end up in a random place?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118360 Jun 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don't respond to stupid questions.
It's not a stupid question and I don't know why it frightens you. My native language is Americanized English and my native dialect is midwestern. <shrug>

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#118361 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so there have been several ape species to almost evolve to humans but only one made it, "us". Even though Neanderthal were stronger and had a bigger brain than us they just happen to go extinct.
Strength and brain size don't determine survival, do they? We have smaller brains than Neanderthal, sure, but our brains have larger frontal lobes and smaller cerebellums, allowing us to plan things better than they could. If you can make complex plans, you don't need as much strength. You can devise superior tools, you can devise superior hunting strategies, you can devise superior warfare strategies...big and strong and stupid isn't a guaranteed win over small and smart. Disagree?

http://youtu.be/Ny9je5t04_E

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#118362 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No the direction crap is set out by you all. If it is natural selection then it is going in a beneficial direction right?
It's merely going in the direction of what worked well for the previous generation. There's no predestination or predetermined outcome. What works well for this round of organism X is mostly passed on to the next generation (along with some random mutations). Mutations that are harmful to the species tend to get weeded out.

For example, if a rabbit is born with weak leg muscles, it's more likely to get eaten. The mutation causing the weak leg muscles, therefore, will tend to get weeded out of the population.

Mutations may be neutral in a given environment, but when the environment changes, it may become beneficial or detrimental. Or, it could be detrimental in the current environment, but if there is a change in the environment, it could be beneficial. For instance, if a species of mouse occasionally has albinos, the albinos may only rarely get to mate and reproduce because they're easy to spot in today's environment. But, if something were to happen that caused a heavy white coating on everything, the albino mice would have a huge advantage over the brown mice, and soon you'd see entire populations of albino mice.

I don't know shit about rocket propulsion. Why am I not off lecturing NASA about their rocket propulsion systems? Why are you, someone who doesn't know shit about evolutionary theory, trying to lecture people about evolutionary theory?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#118363 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so evolution means it can go backwards or left or right as well or,,,,, only in a forward and better DIRECTION?????
The star-nose mole has useless eyes, because it spends most, if not all, of its life underground in complete darkness. If light suddenly and reliably were present underground, star-nose moles with mutations for better eyes (should such mutations occur) might have a survival advantage, which would lead "backwards" to having more functional eyes as their long-ago ancestors had. There is no "forward," though, as that implies a predetermined outcome...a known destination. There is no such thing. It's just about what the previous generation benefitted from and could pass on to the next generation. It's literally that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min Eagle 12 - 32,252
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 8 min Science 854
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Science 77,044
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Dogen 222,011
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 7 hr Dogen 4,321
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Mon The FACTory 101
A musical evolution lesson. Mon Willy 8
More from around the web