It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163022 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118064 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So why do people engage in sexual intercourse instead of cloning?
Let's see.

It is a lot more fun.

It is far cheaper.

There is nothing better to do on a Tuesday night.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118065 Jun 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>While I think on't, how does one clone a "non-living thing"?
You made mention of some chemicals in one of your earlier post, which is non living.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118066 Jun 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but from now on we call it American on this website.
Your own words "majority rules"
Or did you forget?
That can never be applied to the US, why? Because, the US is a multi racial nation, that includes the English, Irish, Spanish, Indians etc.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#118067 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then why is it un ethical, illegal or un lawful?
Did you not read anything? It's because the majority think it's unethical, that's why, and that's the only reason why.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118068 Jun 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are admitting that you are a hypocrite.
That is fine with me.
If you openly admit that you are an idiot we can go back and call American English if you demand.
I am clearing the air for you. English is not American in any sense, it belongs to the English, whose progenitors, cut across your USA, Canada, Australia, etc.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118069 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That can never be applied to the US, why? Because, the US is a multi racial nation, that includes the English, Irish, Spanish, Indians etc.
It doesn't matter. Didn't you check the link I provided you? The number of native English, oops, American speakers here is so high that it kicks England's ass.

What does race have to do with language anyway? That sounds very racist to me.
So are you a hypocrite or are you a speaker of American?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118070 Jun 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
It is a lot more fun.
It is far cheaper.
There is nothing better to do on a Tuesday night.
So, from your premise, cloning is not natural. Period.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118071 Jun 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read anything? It's because the majority think it's unethical, that's why, and that's the only reason why.
Too bad. Why are you atheist, always in/ on the minority?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#118072 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So why do people engage in sexual intercourse instead of cloning?
Quit ducking the question.

WHY IS CLONING WRONG???

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118073 Jun 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. Didn't you check the link I provided you? The number of native English, oops, American speakers here is so high that it kicks England's ass.
What does race have to do with language anyway? That sounds very racist to me.
So are you a hypocrite or are you a speaker of American?
Until you learn, i will not relent. I am not a racist, but culturally speaking, the US is a nation for every race. We have Arabs, Germans, English, Irish,etc. But in England it is not really like that. Point of correction, there is nothing like American speakers, that is jargon.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#118074 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You made mention of some chemicals in one of your earlier post, which is non living.
No.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't me.

And while chemicals may not be living, living tissue is chemicals.

Wait, what were you trying to say again?

Twerp.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118075 Jun 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Quit ducking the question.
WHY IS CLONING WRONG???
I have told you. Why sex instead of cloning?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#118076 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad. Why are you atheist, always in/ on the minority?
Charles, I don't know that the atheists don't think it is unethical. They just may for all either one of us knows.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#118077 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have told you. Why sex instead of cloning?
Now you are talking about a subject near and dear to my heart. In essence identical siblings are clones. Armadillo reproduction results in what are four clone offspring. There exists a natural condition if you will that is very much cloning. But to answer your question if I understand it right, sexual reproduction is a way to enhance genetic diversity in offspring so that they can fend off parasites and pathogens. Thus a population doesn't crash to extinction in its environment every time a parasite population explodes.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#118078 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad. Why are you atheist, always in/ on the minority?
Yet more often than not, even the majority of christians agree with us atheists. The number of people admitting to the label of "atheist" may be small, but our support is more than yours. Eventually people will be ready for cloning, and then the majority will see the benefits outweigh the risks and it will no longer be illegal.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#118079 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have told you. Why sex instead of cloning?
Because most people enjoy sex.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#118080 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have told you. Why sex instead of cloning?
You have very carefully NOT told me.

Why is cloning wrong?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118081 Jun 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Until you learn, i will not relent. I am not a racist, but culturally speaking, the US is a nation for every race. We have Arabs, Germans, English, Irish,etc. But in England it is not really like that. Point of correction, there is nothing like American speakers, that is jargon.
You are still ducking the question Chuckles: are you a liar or a hypocrite. It is that simple.

The make up of the U.S. has nothing to do with American.

I can see that you are beginning to get upset. You are making errors in your American.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#118082 Jun 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet more often than not, even the majority of christians agree with us atheists. The number of people admitting to the label of "atheist" may be small, but our support is more than yours. Eventually people will be ready for cloning, and then the majority will see the benefits outweigh the risks and it will no longer be illegal.
I don't have a problem with someone being an atheist. Most people that come to that position are highly intelligent, ethical and moral folks from my experience.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#118083 Jun 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You have very carefully NOT told me.
Why is cloning wrong?
Because they might start cloning fundamentalists?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 78,702
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 222,225
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,454
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 14 hr Science 1,410
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 19 hr Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web