It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151383 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116457 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine. When you find something hard to believe, it should be due to the evidence which you should delight to provide instead of just stating you find it hard to believe.
"...evidence which you should delight to provide?" Barring catatonia, this imperative should leave you abjectly, despairingly miserable.
KAB

United States

#116458 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"...evidence which you should delight to provide?" Barring catatonia, this imperative should leave you abjectly, despairingly miserable.
You realize, of course, how easy it is for me to provide evidence of providing evidence in this forum, but your side doesn't seem to mind openly and demonstrably exposing themselves as liars even while calling those who aren't such.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116459 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Dr. D's shark facts meant to explain why sharks have been found with whole animals in their stomachs?

I suggest reading my post again, this time for comprehension.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the large carnivorous fish (sharks) do not swallow whole but rather chew them up. Another inconvenient fact for you to ignore.
<quoted text>
Only if you have a literal belief in the Bible.

See what you did wrong there?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116460 May 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Megalodon could have easily done it.

Megalodon would have considered humans to be little more than an amuse bouche.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116461 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmm.....they just are......that doesn't sound to scientific to me.

In the past couple hundred years we have tracked the origin of the universe, and the laws it has, back over 13 billion years (from an assumed 6,000 years). THAT DOES sound scientific to me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116462 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you another example that does not pertain to disease.
A 25yr old male shot himself with a 9mm under the chin. The bullet traveled up and out taking part of his brain and skull with it leaving a gaping hole in his skull and exposing his brain for all to see. Now he should have been out if not dead but he walked 4 blocks to the hospital, told them his name, age, DOB, where he lived and what had happened just like nothing was wrong. Funny thing is that was 12 years ago and the guy has nothing wrong with him. Matter of fact he went to law school, graduated at the top of his class. Miracle? I say yes for no one could explain why he was not dead or even harmed from what had happened.

This stuff happens. People have been completely impaled and years later had no more than a scar to show for it.

Funny thing is these miracles happen in all countries to people of all religions.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116463 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize, of course, how easy it is for me to provide evidence of providing evidence in this forum, but your side doesn't seem to mind openly and demonstrably exposing themselves as liars even while calling those who aren't such.
Evidence of YOU providing evicence? LOL! As the saying goes, "If it was easy, everybody could do it."

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116464 May 28, 2013
Obviously, evicence = evidence. Someday I'll need to install a spell checker before the grammar police come knocking.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#116465 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do so.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116466 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You realize, of course how easy it is for us to provide evidence of you SELDOM providing evidence in this forum, but your side doesn't seem to mind openly and demonstrably exposing yourself as liars even while SUGGESTING those who aren't are such.

Remember, no one is claiming that you NEVER provide evidence. Just that it gets difficult to remember the last time....

And if we were up the ante to providing GOOD evidence that actually supports your claims,.... well, that is more rare still.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116467 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine. When you find something hard to believe, it should be due to the evidence which you should delight to provide instead of just stating you find it hard to believe.

Incredulity if frowned upon by your side.
KAB

United States

#116468 May 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest reading my post again, this time for comprehension.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the large carnivorous fish (sharks) do not swallow whole but rather chew them up. Another inconvenient fact for you to ignore.
<quoted text>
Only if you have a literal belief in the Bible.
See what you did wrong there?
Yes. I should have explicitly stated that your assertion was NOT an inconvenient fact at all, since as you alluded, we can't be sure they all always chew.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#116469 May 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's all you want your God to be, just say so. Just say that it's something you use to make you feel less anxious about not understanding how everything in the universe works. But, don't for a second pretend that it's anything more than that.
I have seen studies that show that a need for cognitive closure has a strong positive correlation with religious fundimentalism.

"Black and White" answers vs an ambiguous answer. A **DEFINITE** answer (right or wrong) is preferred to an answer that is "highly suggesting" an alternative -- such as the type of answer that science most often gives.

So on, an so forth.

This actually says much as it pertains to our Fundies here.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116470 May 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Running the observed/measured numbers is not pretend. Try it publicly here in the forum where your work can be scrutinized, and see what you can demonstrate.

Some time ago I have proposed a method for doing this which placed the odds against a flood at at 9.0557^-308.

That assumes that every major research study on evolution achieved significance at only the .05 level as there were only 1000 of them.

Reality is actually worse than that, of course.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116471 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Let your evolution fix this. For going by evolution things should be better but they are getting worse than they were when I was a kid. Humans are getting dumber and doing more stupid crap.
Grades are getting low, the teens are getting high. That 12 year old is pregnant and her parents wonder why. A 1st grader is swearing, a 3rd grader has been raped. Just take a look around you, isn't the world great? Everyone is affected, for it is like a bad infection. Teens are sending nudes, kids are getting abused, the people see the bruises, a child is broken but calls for help are left unspoken. Young girls are cutting, weed the teens are a smoking. The marks of taunt and hitting are a like a sacrifice, parents are divorcing and the kids are paying the price. That 13 year old is drinking booze, kids have to give in or they lose. A little girl has killed herself, nobody seems to care, it is just like she was dust upon a shelf. Another kid has been expelled for a stupid dare, the bully just runs his game of scare. It needs to change for our world is officially broken. It's time to take a stand and let your thoughts be spoken.
Good night all. Sleep well

Average global income in increasing.
Average global life span is increasing.
Average active life span is increasing.
Average education level is increasing.

You can see the glass as half full or half empty, but not completely empty.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116472 May 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are in need of a miracle or something great you just turn to your evolution or TV. That should bring you all you need. I will do things another way when I need to. That should make us both happy.:-)

Research indicates we have an even chance.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#116473 May 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Research indicates we have an even chance.
Not entirely, without scientific involvement a person has a much lower chance of happiness because they die sooner.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#116474 May 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past couple hundred years we have tracked the origin of the universe, and the laws it has, back over 13 billion years (from an assumed 6,000 years). THAT DOES sound scientific to me.
Right...

so your "Darwin Bible" is just over a hundred years old...while ours is thousands of years old.

Many parts of Darwin's ideas have been proven false, over and over.

All parts of the Bible, that have been researched, have been proven TRUE.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#116475 May 28, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
so your "Darwin Bible" is just over a hundred years old...while ours is thousands of years old.
Many parts of Darwin's ideas have been proven false, over and over.
All parts of the Bible, that have been researched, have been proven TRUE.
Now you can't help yourself but to be contentious again. You should know by now that Darwin's theory is in no way anyone's Bible. It was never treated as a Bible. Unlike the Bible his ideas have been tested many times over. It has passed those tests for over 150 years. Unlike your Bible which has failed quite a few tests.

Your claim about the Bible is false. We have already gone over the Tyre prophesy how that fails terribly. You did not even bother trying to defend Zeke's follow up prophesy that Chad would defeat Egypt. And that is only one of many. You keep forgetting that there was no Flood. That was debunked long before Darwin came along. You keep forgetting about the many inconsistencies in the Bible. Your last statement has been so debunked many times over.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#116476 May 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Average global income in increasing.
Average global life span is increasing.
Average active life span is increasing.
Average education level is increasing.
You can see the glass as half full or half empty, but not completely empty.
Average global income in increasing. Not as fast as the cost of living.

Average global life span is increasing. Yes and no. More people so yes some do live longer. More people = Over population.

Average active life span is increasing. Falls under the same category as the same statement as above.

Average education level is increasing. Why yes. Just participate and you pass. No one left behind. What a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min ChristineM 35,623
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 47 min Reason Personified 15,026
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 199,549
Complex Systems May Evolve More Slowly - Calcul... 19 hr Creationtruth 3
Evolution is merely a subroutine 19 hr Creationtruth 1
My Story Part 1 21 hr Regolith Based Li... 3
the dinosaurs of the lega-warega people: racial... Thu MIDutch 2
More from around the web